• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Tottenham face serious competition for 19-year-old Trabzonspor wonderkid as Euro giants have bid rejected
By
Eren Sarigul
-
July 16, 2018
We recently reported that Turkish journalist Erdal Hos – who has close ties to Trabzonspor – revealed that Spurs have made a bid for the 19-year-old.

Meanwhile, the Turkish outlet HaberTurk have linked Leicester City with the young Turkey international.

The daily Turkish newspaper Fanatik has now linked Benfica with a move for the in-demand youngster.

Per the source, Benfica tabled a €7 million offer for Abdülkadir Ömür. However, Trabzonspor have turned down the bid as they are holding out for a higher bid.

Fanatik go onto state that Trabzonspor are prepared to offload their star asset this summer but only at the right price.

Omur is already a first-team star for Trabzonspor and scored three times while providing six assists in 32 appearances during the 2017/18 season.

The 19-year-old has four years remaining on his contract with the Black Sea based club

Is this man u only wants to buy from not sell to idea just bull?

When have they happily sold to rivals?

People point to Mikhytarian/Sanchez, but that was hardly a great loss for them.

They always buy from Rivals - Mata and Sanchez only recently.

When do they sell?

And, right now, they are in something of a precarious position. I know they finished 2nd, but I still dont know how - they were far from impressive, they could easily fall a few places. Selling Marital to us would, realistically, strengthen us - which would absolutely threaten them.

Securing the contracts of our main stars is massive.
Improving the squad is a big, big ask and requires precision work. We have to maintain CL numbers for domestic players, and we have to make sure we have a competitive squad but not one bristling with players who are feeling slighted. it is m massively tough balance, and one of the reasons Poch would like to move a couple of our older but perhaps not as regular stars is to allow potential incomings to see that the path is not blocked off when said-players are fit. It is why a signing like Grealish makes absolute sense and why any left-wing forward does too. Again, I cannot stress how much the Sonny situation concerns me personally (I mean in a football sense, I don't cry myself to sleep at night over it hahahahaha)...he has been responsible for a lot of supportive goals and assists over the last two seasons, and we are about to lose him for the better part of 6 months IMO. It is the key area to address (given that we will sign Grealish)...I wonder if Onomah will be given a chance pre-season to impress through the middle?

Securing the contracts of our main stars is massive.
Improving the squad is a big, big ask and requires precision work. We have to maintain CL numbers for domestic players, and we have to make sure we have a competitive squad but not one bristling with players who are feeling slighted. it is m massively tough balance, and one of the reasons Poch would like to move a couple of our older but perhaps not as regular stars is to allow potential incomings to see that the path is not blocked off when said-players are fit. It is why a signing like Grealish makes absolute sense and why any left-wing forward does too. Again, I cannot stress how much the Sonny situation concerns me personally (I mean in a football sense, I don't cry myself to sleep at night over it hahahahaha)...he has been responsible for a lot of supportive goals and assists over the last two seasons, and we are about to lose him for the better part of 6 months IMO. It is the key area to address (given that we will sign Grealish)...I wonder if Onomah will be given a chance pre-season to impress through the middle?
You sure we are signing Grealish then Steff?

I just find it strange poch coming out saying be brave and get deals done early then this window happens

You could argue that the giving of improved contracts fulfills the being brave and getting deals done early.With the world cup transfers were always going to be late.Also there doesn't seem to be that much quality out there.Of the players bandied about how many would improve us enough to get closer to city.Players like Seri or Plea we could have got if we wanted but they were clearly not deemed good enough.It seems Grealish is done sooner or later.I guess we could get Zaha if we really pushed it and maybe we will once the Martial fallacy is dead.Barrios doesn't really excite.If dembele and toby go who realistically would replace them.It hard and there are only 24 days left.

I just find it strange poch coming out saying be brave and get deals done early then this window happens
Maybe he meant be brave and give him a big pay rise but not sign any players. To be fair it takes some pretty big balls to start Sissoko

TOTTENHAM CHASE QUINTERO

Colombia star Juan Quintero, arguably his country's shining light at the World Cup alongside Yerry Mina, is a target for Tottenham according to Ths Sun.

Back