• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

My issue with that situation was that he flicked his leg up to Kross' knee height, like it was his intention to get the player. Had he clipped his ankle by the ball then I think it's a genuine attempt to take the ball in a last ditch tackle, but the knee height challenge to me makes me think he was just stupid!

However I do really like him, think he'll be quality for us once he sorts out the brain farts.

My issue with that situation was that he flicked his leg up to Kross' knee height, like it was his intention to get the player. Had he clipped his ankle by the ball then I think it's a genuine attempt to take the ball in a last ditch tackle, but the knee height challenge to me makes me think he was just stupid!

However I do really like him, think he'll be quality for us once he sorts out the brain farts.

I thought he was trying to block a shot hence why he went high and with his wrong foot

Encouraging game against Real. Thought it was easily his best performance for us bar the penalty. Deserves another start against Liverpool based on that.

Strangely some of the reports thought he got tore up by Salah

For me he had a good game playing on his wrong side and didn't make any clear errors

I thought he controlled Salah very well, especially in the second half. Two, maybe three times in the first half Salah got away from him, but other than that Aurier kept him very quiet.

And playing on the left : yet again, we see the importance of Poch's desire to have flexible players.
Two LBs unavailable? Just switch one of the RBs.
And we have KWP coming through who can play both sides as well.

He is almost there, I think he looks really promising. A bit more time with Poch to iron out the creases and he will be a superb player for us imo.
Exactly, we've got to give some adjustment time but so far it's very promising. I think there's a lot more to come from him attacking wise, which is exciting.

Deserves a lot of credit for playing left against Pool, another good game.

I'm really starting to think we had a brilliant transfer window.
Agreed. A good game from him.

He's looking good and hopefully Pochettino can coach some of those errors out of him.

Absolutely a good window.

I thought he controlled Salah very well, especially in the second half. Two, maybe three times in the first half Salah got away from him, but other than that Aurier kept him very quiet.

And playing on the left.
Also worth mentioning that back in the day when we played 532 with wingbacks pushing on... if a wingback was caught upfield then Dier or Wanyama would shuffle back to fill in the defence... I believe/presume this isn't happening so much with Winks "holding" midfield... so inevitably if Aurier goes upfield we could get caught out, like we did when Kane was robbed and Henderson picked out a perfect pass for Salah.

Also worth mentioning that back in the day when we played 532 with wingbacks pushing on... if a wingback was caught upfield then Dier or Wanyama would shuffle back to fill in the defence... I believe/presume this isn't happening so much with Winks "holding" midfield... so inevitably if Aurier goes upfield we could get caught out, like we did when Kane was robbed and Henderson picked out a perfect pass for Salah.
This was with a back four, no?

Great game and stayed on his feet. There were a few instances where you could have easily seen him going in for a sliding tackle, but he didn't.

Great game and stayed on his feet. There were a few instances where you could have easily seen him going in for a sliding tackle, but he didn't.
Once where he did and clearly shouldn't have. Salah wide and possible to at least slow down, Aurier slid in and took himself out of the situation. Could have been really dangerous.

He did well yesterday, and did his job in that Salah wasn't much of a threat, other than a silly team giveaway for the goal.

Was looking for him to go to ground less and he seemed to get it right for the most part. There was one which bugged me but other than that, he was pretty spot on. Sanchez was also a bit wreck less but had more games to settle in, I'm sure Aurier will get there soon.

Well in all honesty when you set up as a 5 at the back the wing backs are there to defend against the oppositions wingers / wing backs and i think Salah was pretty much playing as a striker. It may have looked like Salah was Aurier's man but i think he was getting back to help out Vert's who's man it actually was.

Still goes to ground too early for my liking and very obviously so he's easy to evade. Did it again against Salah and could have been costly.

Back