• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

lets not forget, the ONS put the numbers out there, immigration is good for the economy

it's not just the skills gap, a larger tax paying workforce is helping to bridge the gap in our fudged up pension funding

lets not forget, the ONS put the numbers out there, immigration is good for the economy

it's not just the skills gap, a larger tax paying workforce is helping to bridge the gap in our fudged up pension funding

Fueling the ponzi scheme, rather than dealing with it

Nows the time to start moving to a de-growth economy, dealing properly with post-industrialisation. Decrease consumption and production, while increasing wellbeing, community and culture.

thats what depresses me, the way people
think about it, the desire for a magic button fix for a complex series of problems

it's a balance gb, we're not going to see sweatshops in the uk whatever happens, we have laws against such practice, people are only going to move to be genuinely better off

freedom of movement benefits everyone immediately as it provides a larger market place to sell your skills and longer term as it breaks down perceived barriers built
on the idea that people are somehow different based on where they were born

I meant metaphorically about sweatshops. Do you think our Eritrean Sports Direct factory worker, or our Polish hotel dish washer, or our Vietnamise sex worker take home the minimum wage? Once all their charges have been deducted by their agencies/trafficers?

Fueling the ponzi scheme, rather than dealing with it

Nows the time to start moving to a de-growth economy, dealing properly with post-industrialisation. Decrease consumption and production, while increasing wellbeing, community and culture.

you can't deal with it by just turning it off

I don't think decreasing consumption is possible

I meant metaphorically about sweatshops. Do you think our Eritrean Sports Direct factory worker, or our Polish hotel dish washer, or our Vietnamise sex worker take home the minimum wage? Once all their charges have been deducted by their agencies/trafficers?

the "sports direct" situation hasn't normalised yet, things will have to improve for workers there, this isn't something that can be looked at over a small time frame

you can't deal with it by just turning it off

I don't think decreasing consumption is possible

Millenials are already less materialistic. They are much more into experiences than 'stuff'. It's the baby boomers and to a lesser extent generation x who are emotionally attached to consumerism

Millenials are already less materialistic. They are much more into experiences than 'stuff'. It's the baby boomers and to a lesser extent generation x who are emotionally attached to consumerism

really?

you must know some different millennials to me, the ones I know are equally as materialistic yet don't have the work ethic to back it up

I really doubt Brexit will happen, between the lawyers and the Labour party I just sadly do not see it. Great shame that but it is what it is.
The tories have the majority you know - Labour can not stop anything - if the Judges state it is British Law that this has to go to parliament Labour still cant stop anything, the Tories hold the majority.

The tories have the majority you know - Labour can not stop anything - if the Judges state it is British Law that this has to go to parliament Labour still cant stop anything, the Tories hold the majority.

Along with a handful of tory nutters and SNP fruit cakes they will stop it, just like they stopped the air strikes over Syria making them partly responsible for the carnage over there happening to those poor children. That is your all loving caring Labour party for you.

Along with a handful of tory nutters and SNP fruit cakes they will stop it, just like they stopped the air strikes over Syria making them partly responsible for the carnage over there happening to those poor children. That is your all loving caring Labour party for you.

So today, you are thinking that non-EU migrants can just bring their family over, no questions asked, the Tories will stop Brexit and Labour killing kids in Syria. It's an interesting world you live in.

Back