• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

It is if parliament is actively attempting to circumvent the results of a referendum.

If I thought for a second that the genuine aim of those attempting to block No Deal simply wanted to do that and no more, I would understand their actions (despite the damage that does to our negotiation position). But they know full well that taking No Deal off the table will ensure that we end up remaining in the EU - and that is what I believe they are attempting to force.

Should this be about sides? Or about outcomes?

It is if parliament is actively attempting to circumvent the results of a referendum.

If I thought for a second that the genuine aim of those attempting to block No Deal simply wanted to do that and no more, I would understand their actions (despite the damage that does to our negotiation position). But they know full well that taking No Deal off the table will ensure that we end up remaining in the EU - and that is what I believe they are attempting to force.
The campaigning for the referendum never mentioned no deal. So forcing a no deal though by proroguing parliament is hardly the will the of the people. You are just projecting your opinion on their intentions.

The campaigning for the referendum never mentioned no deal. So forcing a no deal though by proroguing parliament is hardly the will the of the people. You are just projecting your opinion on their intentions.

Well, if we are going to mention specifics of campaign pledges, then didn't the remain campaign say that an EU army would never happen and that it was nonsense and 'conspiracy theory' to suggest that the EU had such plans? Hmmm...

It definitely mentioned leaving. And thats what was voted for.

All actions by the opposition since has been to the degree of BINO or Remain, mostly via completely neutering our position.

It definitely mentioned leaving. And thats what was voted for.

All actions by the opposition since has been to the degree of BINO or Remain, mostly via completely neutering our position.
I agree it mentioned leaving but it also mentioned a deal. Either way this is just a repeat of previous discussions, so I'm out. Bon voyage

Am i right in assuming that only those who want the UK to remain in the EU are against No-Deal?

No. Anyone who understands or isn’t power hungry doesn’t want no deal.

Maybe you can tell us why people would want no deal, what does it give us? There’s been plenty on what we lose through it, what do we gain? Or is that not important?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:

It also never mentioned a second referendum and there are some very good video collages out there of remainers saying they would respect any outcome yet have done anything they can to kybosh leave and then actually fuel no deal.

Sorry what long term gain? No one can outline what that looks like. Can you?

I see us having a long term less regulated and more control over our trade policies will yield greater results in the long term.

Since Brexit has been announced we are not even in a recession, we have been in plenty in the EU so ultimately nothing is a full proof plan.

It also never mentioned a second referendum and there are some very good video collages out there of remainers saying they would respect any outcome yet have done anything they can to kybosh leave and then actually fuel no deal.
Nor did I. Nor am I a remainer.

As I said, this is just a rehash of previous entrenched views, so I'll leave you to it.

I see us having a long term less regulated and more control over our trade policies will yield greater results in the long term.

Since Brexit has been announced we are not even in a recession, we have been in plenty in the EU so ultimately nothing is a full proof plan.

Will that be trading with nations outide Europe? Currently they a smaller % of our trade. What kind of deregulation are you thinking will stimulate exports?

If you look at the data, the UK has had a few percentage points less growth than it would have had we stayed in. When Europe grew we stood still as investment dropped off. Then there is the small point...we are still in the EU....for another month.

I like brave people. What is the difference between bravery and stupidity..? Knowledge maybe?

Back