• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham vs Man U***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Extremely difficult when you are actually very stupid.
"Stupid is as stupid does"
Made for the Sanchez, Sissoko and Aurier axis of stupidity.
Our right side is a disaster, almost cost us the game at the Canning Town Caravan Club.
Said exactly the same at half time to mates. That right side is a disaster in waiting (which we saw a minute or two in to the second half) and the rest of the team / players suffered for it.

Extremely difficult when you are actually very stupid.
"Stupid is as stupid does"
Made for the Sanchez, Sissoko and Aurier axis of stupidity.
Our right side is a disaster, almost cost us the game at the Canning Town Caravan Club.

I hate the three of them. Sissoko as a back up player is the only one who should still be in the squad.

But someone was always gonna exploit it coming down that side
And tonight they just overloaded it

yeah, but it’s poor defending on our part, at some point it’s going to be a one on one and you have to come out on top, you can’t let them past you, you can’t miss the tackle, superior players have to make a play, there wasn’t enough of that

also, don’t give the ball away, Aurier being high isn’t a problem if the opposition don’t have the ball, our retention was awful tonight

Wouldn’t be surprised if Jose tried to bring in someone like Dalot in Jan. Short term fix who will give you those regular 7/10 and occasional 8/10 displays.

yeah, but it’s poor defending on our part, at some point it’s going to be a one on one and you have to come out on top, you can’t let them past you, you can’t miss the tackle, superior players have to make a play, there wasn’t enough of that

also, don’t give the ball away, Aurier being high isn’t a problem if the opposition don’t have the ball, our retention was awful tonight
That explains a few things

For me, the problem was JM gambled ...and lost . I think he felt our front four would cause them so much damage, we would get off to a fast start and their confidence would just evaporate. Unfortunately, we conceded an early goal (again) , the y gained in confidence and took over the midfield where , with just Winksand Sissoko we were totally out numbered. We lost control of the midfield and really should have been three down at the break.

I was disappointed JM didn't recognize this and bring on more midfielders earlier.

However, what was most disappointing is that we didn't compete anywhere, in any area, against them and their much higher energy knocked us off our stride. This happens far too often against the better teams and is why we have such a wretched record against them.Two goals against in all four of our matches under JM means our defense needs serious work.

Oh well, we didn't deserve anything tonight. Hope it improves against Burnley

Agree with a lot you have said but not that we should have been 4 down at break.

Just because they rattled the bar from 30 yards doesn’t mean it’s a great chance or we’ve been carved open. It was just a good strike. The goal wasn’t even a good chance tbh. More of an error. I can’t remember too many clear cut chances. Their non pen XG for the match was 0.7 - same as ours.

The big shame was us helping them onto the front foot at the start of both half’s. The 10 min period where scores were level after our goal we actually controlled the game.

No stupid tackle from Sissoko and I think
We probably end up just fine tonight.

Long ball tactics saw it bounce back
And the lack of midfield didn’t help
Of course Of the midfield isnt covering the RB it makes it easier to keep the ball

Winks and Sissoko must never play a match in Central midfield together again. I thought Mourinho had spent the last year watching us play. Apparently not. fudging useless tonight, both of them. Winks constantly hiding behind United players instead of making himself available for a pass. Ndombele made an immediate impact, but had only statues around him, and can only do so much in 20 mins.

We simply must have at least one mobile ball playing midfielder in the middle of the park. Winks sadly is looking less and less able to be that guy (though I hope he proves me wrong), Sissoko has never been.

Still. It's just one game. We've seen positives in the other three. No need to draw too many conclusions from this brick show of a match.

Long ball tactics saw it bounce back
And the lack of midfield didn’t help
Of course Of the midfield isnt covering the RB it makes it easier to keep the ball
Sissoko covering the RB was a symptom of our issues today not the cause.

We had no controlled possession of the ball today so of course it kept coming back and that RB who seemingly has been instructed to venture up field was subsequently out of position.

The root of the problem though is not the cover it's our inability to control the pace or tempo of the game and that comes from the midfield. Keep the ball better, use it better and United don't have so much easy ball to pick and choose what they want to do. A better midfield and united would have never even had the ball to play it into the spaces they wanted too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Let's not forget the west ham game was a really poor quality match all round, regardless of the result.

We’ve ridden out luck in the last 2 before tonight imo (West Ham the most comfortable). I’m not seeing much more spark or verve than under Poch. 2 biggest issues still remain. Eriksen and RB.

We’ve ridden out luck in the last 2 before tonight imo (West Ham the most comfortable). I’m not seeing much more spark or verve than under Poch. 2 biggest issues still remain. Eriksen and RB.

The last three games have been the papering over the cracks that we had last season.
There's too many in this squad not good enough to progress us.

Back