• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v Victimpool

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aurier will definitely do something insane if we unleash him onto the pitch.

We should deploy someone there solely to stop Mane's runs i.e. don't expect them to push up the wing and loft pointless crosses at Van Dijk - just stay back and stop Mane.

I saw Pool vs Genk on TV. Genk got in behind Matip and Van Dijk on several occasions, but they didn't have the pace, skill and cojones to score.

Milner played right back because TAA was ill.

The key to this game is NOT allowing them "our half" to sprint into. Mane and Salah wait all game to get those chances... we must not play a high line with acres of space behind... rather we should do it to them.

For me, it has to be the same lineup from midweek. Maybe replace Sissoko with Dier for a bit more security in the midfield, but I really enjoyed the Dele/N'Dombele partnership.

I actually forgot about how well they linked up at times on Tuesday. Whilst, i worry about how often Alli's flicks don't come off when he could keep things simple - plus how often he gets dispossessed dawdling on the ball - quick links between him, Ndombele and especially Son when space allows might be crucial.

Decisions...

Aurier will definitely do something insane if we unleash him onto the pitch.

We should deploy someone there solely to stop Mane's runs i.e. don't expect them to push up the wing and loft pointless crosses at Van Dijk - just stay back and stop Mane.

I saw Pool vs Genk on TV. Genk got in behind Matip and Van Dijk on several occasions, but they didn't have the pace, skill and cojones to score.

Milner played right back because TAA was ill.

The key to this game is NOT allowing them "our half" to sprint into. Mane and Ham Salad wait all game to get those chances... we must not play a high line with acres of space behind... rather we should do it to them.

We have to get back some sort of ability to 'park the bus'.....we sat deep vs City but only their wastefulness (and VAR) stopped us taking a good beating. I don't think Liverpool have City's intricacy in tight spaces, but they can physically dominate us and given our inability to engage and tackle the opponent until we get desperate (i.e. just outside the penalty box) will be the big BIG worry for this game...

I'd be very worried about Aurier playing
I think Sissoko chaperoning Aurier is better than Sissoko at RB, just, and also keeps our best player in his best position. Foyth is relatively untried, so not sure this is the game to play him. Also, just keeping the same team sends out a stronger signal, and belief, than exposing a weakness.

I think Sissoko chaperoning Aurier is better than Sissoko at RB, just, and also keeps our best player in his best position. Foyth is relatively untried, so not sure this is the game to play him. Also, just keeping the same team sends out a stronger signal, and belief, than exposing a weakness.

The problem is that Sissoko will end up at right back covering Aurier leaving us short of numbers in midfield. Aurier is very uncomfortable defending and has slips of concentration, this is a worry against Liverpool.

The problem is that Sissoko will end up at right back covering Aurier leaving us short of numbers in midfield. Aurier is very uncomfortable defending and has slips of concentration, this is a worry against Liverpool.

At his concentrated best, couldn't Aurier do a good job vs Liverpool? He did that time we last beat Liverpool IIRC

At his concentrated best, couldn't Aurier do a good job vs Liverpool? He did that time we last beat Liverpool IIRC

I'd find it easier to say if I'd ever seen him at his concentrated best. He's ok going forwards but poor at defending and always has a mistake in him. I think that he'll get targeted if we play him against Liverpool.

Aurier is fine. He's our best RB. Done nothing wrong when he's played (was unfairly sent off). If I remember correctly, Foyth has played RB 3 times for us, and conceded 2 penalties, and got sent off twice too. If Aurier scares you, I don't know what Foyth's record does.....
Guy gets turned too easily
And his offensive play is average at best

Would anyone drop Alli, push Ndombele forward to then play Dier with Sissoko?
Or would people prefer to drop Sissoko, play Dier next to Ndombele and keep Alli (and Ndombele) where they were on Tuesday?

I'd find it easier to say if I'd ever seen him at his concentrated best. He's ok going forwards but poor at defending and always has a mistake in him. I think that he'll get targeted if we play him against Liverpool.
They will target RB regardless of who we play.
For whatever reason the team put in their best performance on Tuesday, forget the opposition, they really gave a brick. Why would you change that?

They will target RB regardless of who we play.
For whatever reason the team put in their best performance on Tuesday, forget the opposition, they really gave a brick. Why would you change that?

Because he can't defend and our RB will be doing a lot of that on Sunday. He did ok on Tuesday but he spent the whole game in their half.

Back