• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke ***

Could tell we were going to do well right from the start because the tempo was up and we were moving the ball quickly. I thought that was Dembele's best performance, so far. There were also little signs that Deli was improving and Son was terrific. The only downer was Lloris' howler. I was waiting for it and it happened, you just knew we would offer up a soft consolation goal.

Trippier has never been good at going past the defender. Does it sometimes, sure, but there was a game recently (my age affects my memory as to which one) where we managed to get the ball to him via longer passes and he put the ball in well often with a volley. I suspect that with work Aurier will be a better option when a) he learns to cross better and b) I don't think he's going to get sent off every time he tackles someone.

It was my wife's birthday today and we decided to cook a really good meal at home instead of going out. I cooked and I'm brilliant at cooking when there's a full moon and there's no R in the month, even so it turned out alright, but after the three bottles of silly expensive wine it took me ten minutes to post this.

An important win, a thumping to get the flow of goals going, continuing from Apoel.

Hopefully we kick on now as we build up to the Christmas and New Year period. Get as many wins as we can.

Dembele is getting back to his best, which is great news

Difference is we played with speed yesterday and they couldnt cope, more of the same midweek please

Whoever noted the diff between 4-2-3-1 and 3 at the back with regards to Trippier’s performance...on the money IMO. Ditto how we went to Sonny/left more than the right. Ditto the attention’ he received...going to be helpful when people stop comparing him to Walker...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Whoever noted the diff between 4-2-3-1 and 3 at the back with regards to Trippier’s performance...on the money IMO. Ditto how we went to Sonny/left more than the right. Ditto the attention’ he received...going to be helpful when people stop comparing him to Walker...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It's interesting that we move away from using him as a wing back and from utilizing his main strengths in attack and the team performance moves up a notch or two and we create a lot more chances - only one game so not a lot can be read in to it, especially as Stoke were so poorly organised, but him playing it simple and avoiding the long balls in to the box seemed to help the team

Last edited:
That's the only way to post on this forum - that and taking a brick.

I think that it was going to far fitting one of these next to your toilet though

Spirit_Measures_Brackets.jpg

Big bonus for me was seeing Lamela playing, I know the game was dead and buried when he came on but he looked sharper than I thought he would be and it must have been great for his confidence.
The intricate one-two play in tight areas gets so much better with Lamela involved. And that pass over the defence for Kane was just beautiful!

Could tell we were going to do well right from the start because the tempo was up and we were moving the ball quickly. I thought that was Dembele's best performance, so far. There were also little signs that Deli was improving and Son was terrific. The only downer was Lloris' howler. I was waiting for it and it happened, you just knew we would offer up a soft consolation goal.
I actually wouldn’t put it down as a howler. Lloris came out for every one of their corners to negate their obvious threat from set pieces and it worked almost every time. That one was just unfortunately too high for him to reach but it seemed like a clear tactic that he was to come out to the ball and for the most part it worked....

I know its 'horses for courses' but think we deffo need to go 4-2-3-1 more often. Right now if we reverted to a 2 behind Kane, for me, Alli would have to miss it. Son is a man on fire and has more than earned his place in the X1

Paid a visit to Oatcake (Stoke forum) last night. They are more concerned about getting Hughes the sack.

Except for a handful of "true" supporters who believe that you can never want the manager sacked.

They have to get rid of Hughes, but then you see the usual failures suggested as a replacement and realize they'll be here again in two or three years.

Except for a handful of "true" supporters who believe that you can never want the manager sacked.

They have to get rid of Hughes, but then you see the usual failures suggested as a replacement and realize they'll be here again in two or three years.

Pulis to return?

I tell you what if I was a Stoke fan I'd be fuming at this. You've just spent a brickload to travel to London to watch your team get done 5-1, and one of the defenders posts this.

I think that’s lovely from wimmer.

If I was a stoke fan who’d paid to travel down for the game I’d see the error of my ways, switch to Spurs and not return to the north.

Back