• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official Film Thread ***

I re-watched The Conversation this weekend and it holds up very well. It was made in the early 70s so the pace is much more deliberate than current films, but Gene Hackman and John Cazale (as always) are great and I enjoyed as much as ever.

I also watched another early 70s film this weekend,The Killer Elite (Robert Duvall, James Caan), which was directed by Sam Peckinpah. I thought it was very, very poor and incredibly dated.
The Conversation is one of my favourite films. Superb.

I watched Solo the other day. Quite enjoyed it in a meaningless/popcorn flick kind of way. Obviously has its problems but I dont think it deserved the stick it took. A far better film than The Last Jedi despite its issues.

Yea I agree, very watchable and much better than the last Jedi. The standalone Star Wars films are better than the recent continuation films.

Don't understand why the Sisters Brothers is not being released in the UK. Been looking forwards to it for years and with that cast you would expect it to make it to the cinemas.

Yeah seems way off considering it's been out since September in some places.

Will no doubt be out on Blu Ray in North America before April so will be on my media server by then!

Quite want to see it in the cinema though, will be hard to wait. Already been waiting at least three years!

Is this getting a proper release or was it just a few select showings?

Select screenings here and there I believe then it will be on the BBC some time in November, the 11th I'd wager.

Won't be surprised if it stays in cinema's another few days though, highly recommend checking it out on the big screen...

Quite want to see it in the cinema though, will be hard to wait. Already been waiting at least three years!

Always better on the big screen!

Saw it the other day, simply brilliant.
I'm looking forward to seeing it. It looks like they have done an amazing job restoring/ colouring the old footage.

I'm watching 'WWII in Colour' now. I thought I knew more about WWII than it turns out I do

I'm looking forward to seeing it. It looks like they have done an amazing job restoring/ colouring the old footage.

I'm watching 'WWII in Colour' now. I thought I knew more about WWII than it turns out I do

Can't do it any justice in describing it, when you see you'll no doubt be blown away. They start the doc off in black and white and then there's a transition into the restored footage and it's fantastic.

But it's not just the colour, they slow the footage down to make it realistic, they add in missing frames to smoothen it out, my favourite aspect is that they had forensic lip readers go over the footage and see what the people in the footage are saying and then they voice it and it sounds great.

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Kids film, obviously, but it had me in stitches all through.

Pretty well skewers the whole super hero saturation of films, the Marvel DC rivalry and super hero genre in general.

If one of your kids want to watch it, sit with them, itll be fun.

But it's not just the colour, they slow the footage down to make it realistic, they add in missing frames to smoothen it out, my favourite aspect is that they had forensic lip readers go over the footage and see what the people in the footage are saying and then they voice it and it sounds great.

They even used local dialects depending on the regimental badges. They even used Sussex accents, which have since died out.

Back