• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Rugby World Cup thread?

scaramanga

Paul Miller
Staff member
I guess this is it now.

Quite enjoyable to see 80k people showing Comrade Corbyn how to not be a clam.

Last edited:
Why doesn't Jonny Wilkinson own a pair of collar stays?

He looks like he turned up for a Rugby League gig.

I've always enjoyed the rugby and the crowds have been fantastic whenever I've gone.

The clam quotient is always a tiny fraction of that at a football match.

Just a different flavour of clam.

I've been to Twickenham loads over the years. The last few times it has felt a bit too much like a society event, whereas it used to be full of people who played or used to play the game.

Just a different flavour of clam.

I've been to Twickenham loads over the years. The last few times it has felt a bit too much like a society event, whereas it used to be full of people who played or used to play the game.
I think that's just sport in general. All sporting events now are society ones, it's just the grade of society that changes.

I remember going to the Middlesex 7s as a kid. There was a Mexican wave going around the ground. The people under the royal box were tinkling into their plastic pint glasses and chucking them into the box when the wave came around to them. That's the kind of active republicanism that even Corbyn might baulk at.

I hope everyone who enjoys rugby enjoys the tournament

I also hope that there can be an amnesty on people who find out I don't like rugby, after asking me if I like rugby, feeling the need to instantly list reasons "why it's better than football"

I hope everyone who enjoys rugby enjoys the tournament

I also hope that there can be an amnesty on people who find out I don't like rugby, after asking me if I like rugby, feeling the need to instantly list reasons "why it's better than football"
It's not better than football, there's just fewer clams.

Like I said, I disagree. Plenty of clams, they just display their clamishness in different ways
We'll have to agree to disagree on the crowds, surely you can't deny there are fewer clams on the pitch though?

We'll have to agree to disagree on the crowds, surely you can't deny there are fewer clams on the pitch though?

The rules of rugby are better for controlling the clamishness of players. The captain being responsible for something more than calling heads or tails makes a big difference.

All the royals at the ceremony would have cause Jez to spontaneously combust, and it was pretty clamish.

But the game is amazing to watch. England played ok but Fiji are one powerful setup. Looking forward to the rest of the tournament.

Are we heading for a GG record here? The amount of times we can say clam and the variations. Fantastically clamish. And totally agree with ref cam. What a step forward that would be. Way too far forward for the EPL I fear

I'm not a fan of Rugger at all but after having my co-workers talk about it constantly at work yesterday I thought I'd tune in, to be fair I didn't understand what was happening but I enjoyed seeing England win

Are we heading for a GG record here? The amount of times we can say clam and the variations. Fantastically clamish. And totally agree with ref cam. What a step forward that would be. Way too far forward for the EPL I fear

Ref clam??

You don't need to have played soggy biscuit at public school to enjoy a game of rugger but it helps...

CO5BDsPWsAQuqMT.jpg

CPM4leFWoAA4FeM.jpg

Back