• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Very interesting to see that both Adidas and Nike are available from July 2017 when our deal runs out with UA. Considering that neither of those brands currently have a major club in London that they are linked with is a very good sign for us and possibly could end up in a bidding war unless Nike have already had conversations with Chelsea about replacing Adidas.

From a personal point of view I would welcome Adidas over Nike. I always like the cut and quality of their kits and training wear. Although I don't buy shirts anymore I do like to get training wear to lounge about in and my Adidas track bottoms and sweater from the 2000/01 season with orange panelling on the sides still fits me now and is in really good condition despite being 16 years old.

From the comments Adidas have made it seems they're looking to sponsor fewer big clubs, just a handful of the biggest getting obscene amounts. There's a good reason I never buy anything from them anymore (actually it's two, their designs are crap).

Nike taking over Chelsea is the obvious outcome.

From the comments Adidas have made it seems they're looking to sponsor fewer big clubs, just a handful of the biggest getting obscene amounts. There's a good reason I never buy anything from them anymore (actually it's two, their designs are crap).

I agree that Nike taking over Chelsea is the predictable outcome. I don't mind Adidas designs tbh and I think more importantly, the quality of construction within all their apparel is generally top class for me.

I think it will be someone else...in fact, put your money on Under Armour hhahahahahahahaha!

Just saw this, ahh nostalgia :)

2015-16-Premier-League-Kits-Classic-Sponsors%2B%25281%2529.jpg

It's Under Armour, and I'd take @thfcsteff 's advice for anyone betting on it. They've lost us as a brand, they've been looking for a 'bigger' team to sponsor for quite a while to get their foot in the door in terms of the European market, and they've done alright out of our deal as far as I can tell (seen a *lot* of Spurs merch circulating through their U.S stores when I've been there, at least in NY). It all fits.

I don't follow?

And when you say looking for a bigger team you mean bigger than spurs? or a bigger team in addition to spurs?

'Bigger' than Spurs, specifically. In terms of global fanbase, shirt sales in Jakarta, that sort of thing.

And they've lost us as a brand because we're not (as far as anyone's aware) renewing with them when our present kit deal expires at the end of next season, with Nike rumored to be our next kit manufacturer.

I'd much rather keep UA, posted it several times in this thread. They aren't far behind Nike in the US and make decent quality gear and are only going to get bigger. Great chance to develop with them, they have signed up Southampton for next 4 years already and have new deals with Spieth and Murray. I pretty much only buy them for sports and golf wear now.

I seriously doubt its Nike now, not after signing such a huge deal with that lot. Thats the kind of money we were looking for. Levy must be fuming

I seriously doubt its Nike now, not after signing such a huge deal with that lot. Thats the kind of money we were looking for. Levy must be fuming
On the contrary I think Levy will be quite pleased. If that is the money able to be secured simply for a kit manufacturer then he knows what sort of benchmark he can set.

You hardly ever see a top half football team in Europe that's not branded with either Nike or Adidas. There's no variety to it what so ever anymore so I'm not overly bothered who we let design us a generic kit so long as it's the best financially for the club.

Real Madrid Adidas: £106m

Manchester United Adidas: £75m - drops to £52.5m if they fail to qualify for the Champions League by the end of next season
Chelsea Nike: £60m - starts after next season
Arsenal Puma: £34m
Liverpool New Balance: £24m
Emirates Marketing Project Nike: £12m
Tottenham Hotspur Under Armour: £10m
Everton Umbro: £6m
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Puma: £5m
Southampton Adidas: £4m
Sunderland Adidas: £4m
West Ham United Umbro: £4m
Aston Villa Macron: £3.75m
Stoke City Macron: ?????
Swansea City Adidas: £2m
West Bromwich Albion Adidas: £2m
Norwich City Arrea: £1.2m
Crystal Palace Macron: £1m
Leicester City Puma: £1m
Watford Puma: £1m
Bournemouth JD Sports: £800,000 a season

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rid---premier-league-kit-deals-and-what-they/

Real Madrid Adidas: £106m

Manchester United Adidas: £75m - drops to £52.5m if they fail to qualify for the Champions League by the end of next season
Chelsea Nike: £60m - starts after next season
Arsenal Puma: £34m
Liverpool New Balance: £24m
Emirates Marketing Project Nike: £12m
Tottenham Hotspur Under Armour: £10m
Everton Umbro: £6m
Saudi Sportswashing Machine Puma: £5m
Southampton Adidas: £4m
Sunderland Adidas: £4m
West Ham United Umbro: £4m
Aston Villa Macron: £3.75m
Stoke City Macron: ?????
Swansea City Adidas: £2m
West Bromwich Albion Adidas: £2m
Norwich City Arrea: £1.2m
Crystal Palace Macron: £1m
Leicester City Puma: £1m
Watford Puma: £1m
Bournemouth JD Sports: £800,000 a season

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rid---premier-league-kit-deals-and-what-they/
And THAT'S why Champions' League qualification is so important. It's only if we're seen to be in that top tier of clubs that we'll get the mega-deals. We've been "best of the rest" for a while now -- will this season have been the one where we made the step up?

You hardly ever see a top half football team in Europe that's not branded with either Nike or Adidas. There's no variety to it what so ever anymore so I'm not overly bothered who we let design us a generic kit so long as it's the best financially for the club.

My thoughts as well.

Back