• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

I don't think Sissoko is a poor footballer, I just don't think he's suited to play the way we do at all. His technique, reading of the game and pass accuracy lets him down, and slows down our fluid attacking play.

He's quick and strong though, and can provide a good option on the counter (I'm guessing that's what he was bought for), but overall he's IMO not good enough for where we are and what we're aspiring to be.

I don't think Sissoko is a poor footballer, I just don't think he's suited to play the way we do at all. His technique, reading of the game and pass accuracy lets him down, and slows down our fluid attacking play.

He's quick and strong though, and can provide a good option on the counter (I'm guessing that's what he was bought for), but overall he's IMO not good enough for where we are and what we're aspiring to be.

Some contradictions in there! Poor technique and can't pass...but not a poor footballer? Quick and strong I agree with - he's an athlete, not a footballer

If you're not bothered about the fee and he's happy to sit on the bench and play the odd cup game he can still be useful for you. It's something I keep saying on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum I post on in the various players threads, you need more than 11 players. Something Spurs have done really well over the last few years actually in terms of a squad. He showed what he was capable of at times against Leicester, his play to create Son's second was excellent, he was boxed in by three or four Leicester players inside his own half and used his strength and pace to break free and play in Kane and him and Son did the rest with another devastating attack. He needs to do that more often. You are often on top in games and this play doesn't really suit Sissoko, he's also probably not used to playing this way. So if you're not bothered about the fee or recovering some of the outlay and him only really being a bit part bench player he can still offer you something. Depends if he's happy to sit on the bench as well.

Still a bit of a taco mind, but the more I think of it, the more I think he is perhaps a bit thick and very naive.

“It’s true that I was expecting a lot more minutes this season. Then again, I did arrive in a team that was working really well last year, and again this year with the same XI.

“I tried to make the most of the time I was given. Of course, I’m disappointed, but the manager has choices to make and I have to respect them.

“For me, what’s most important is the team. We had a good year, we finished second. There’s the game against Hull next, the France squad, and then I’ll have time to think, to ask myself the right questions and we’ll see then.”

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...-moussa-sissoko-could-leave-spurs-this-summer

I'm sure Sissoko doesn't know how much he is despised by many on this site or if he did it would probably dismiss it as footballer seem so arrogant, but I find it appalling that a Spurs player should get such treatment. There have been plenty of players I've not rated play for us but I've never felt the need to be so negative about them. I suppose it was my Mum always saying "if you can't say anything nice about a person, don't say anything about them". I know it's all about having an opinion about players but I just can't see the need to being so loathsome and repetitive.

Some contradictions in there! Poor technique and can't pass...but not a poor footballer? Quick and strong I agree with - he's an athlete, not a footballer

I didn't say he's got poor technique or can't pass, I just don't think his ability is good enough/suited to play the way we do. He could thrive in a team who plays more direct and into space, but he's not made for a quick pass and move game against low/tight defences. So many times have I seen our game pass him by, his decision making slowing us down or him being in the totally wrong position when we attack. His good contributions - the ones I've seen - have mostly come on the counter, which is no coincidence, IMO. But for me that's not enough. He has to offer more to warrant being a Spurs player today, with the ambitions we have.

Basically, I think Sissoko is no Raziak, he's just a decent player in the wrong team at the wrong time.

If you're not bothered about the fee and he's happy to sit on the bench and play the odd cup game he can still be useful for you. It's something I keep saying on the Saudi Sportswashing Machine forum I post on in the various players threads, you need more than 11 players. Something Spurs have done really well over the last few years actually in terms of a squad. He showed what he was capable of at times against Leicester, his play to create Son's second was excellent, he was boxed in by three or four Leicester players inside his own half and used his strength and pace to break free and play in Kane and him and Son did the rest with another devastating attack. He needs to do that more often. You are often on top in games and this play doesn't really suit Sissoko, he's also probably not used to playing this way. So if you're not bothered about the fee or recovering some of the outlay and him only really being a bit part bench player he can still offer you something. Depends if he's happy to sit on the bench as well.

Still a bit of a taco mind, but the more I think of it, the more I think he is perhaps a bit thick and very naive.

He'd be excellent if he cost £15m and was 22 years old. Where we are, if someone comes in with the right money, you'd think we'd sell. £30m sitting on the bench is not Levy's way. But if there isn't a deal to take him off us, then as you say, he's a fair squad player and in his second season with Poch he may develop a little. When space opens up, as it did in the last quarter of the game against Leicester, then he can look decent. But try to play him with Eriksen and Alli in a compact game, and their fast technical passing is going to show him up. As @scaramanga says, he touch to trap balls is hit and miss. I think its more likely he will leave, but I wouldn't mind at all if he doesn't.

I'm sure Sissoko doesn't know how much he is despised by many on this site or if he did it would probably dismiss it as footballer seem so arrogant, but I find it appalling that a Spurs player should get such treatment. There have been plenty of players I've not rated play for us but I've never felt the need to be so negative about them. I suppose it was my Mum always saying "if you can't say anything nice about a person, don't say anything about them". I know it's all about having an opinion about players but I just can't see the need to being so loathsome and repetitive.

I don't despise him at all, the club brought him and so it's down to them.

He's just not at the required level and more importantly from the outside doesn't look like he has settled in.

I don't despise him at all, the club brought him and so it's down to them.

He's just not at the required level and more importantly from the outside doesn't look like he has settled in.
Quite.

I don't know why people assume that just because you don't rate a poor player it must be some kind of hatred.

I'm entirely ambivalent towards Sissoko as a person, just like I am the vast majority of footballers. I just think he lacks the basic skills required to play for a team in one of the top leagues in the world.

Quite.

I don't know why people assume that just because you don't rate a poor player it must be some kind of hatred.

I'm entirely ambivalent towards Sissoko as a person, just like I am the vast majority of footballers. I just think he lacks the basic skills required to play for a team in one of the top leagues in the world.

FTFY

Considering that a successful £30m signing might have made the difference between second and first I think some outpouring of negative emotions in his direction is to be expected.

I think most posters on here have been fair on him when evaluating his performances. In a brilliant team he has been the only player that has looked completely out of place.

Considering that a successful £30m signing might have made the difference between second and first I think some outpouring of negative emotions in his direction is to be expected.

I think most posters on here have been fair on him when evaluating his performances. In a brilliant team he has been the only player that has looked completely out of place.
Well no not exactly, Janssen, Nkoudou and Wimmer haven't played well . 2 of those were also been signed in the Summer, missed pre season training and found it hard to adapt to the pace of this team. Wimmer has played very few games. It's the kind of inaccurate criticism directed towards Sissoko that makes me bang my head against the wall.

Sissoko has not played many games because he has been unable to oust Son, Alli and Eriksen from their places and it affected his confidence. Seeing as those three have helped us to 86 points and second place, it's going to take a pretty special player to do better than them. I would wager that that player will cost more than sissoko in combined transfer fee and wages. Me personally, I would like to give Jansen, Sissoko and Nkoudou one more season to see what they can do.

Well no not exactly, Janssen, Nkoudou and Wimmer haven't played well . 2 of those were also been signed in the Summer, missed pre season training and found it hard to adapt to the pace of this team. Wimmer has played very few games. It's the kind of inaccurate criticism directed towards Sissoko that makes me bang my head against the wall.

Sissoko has not played many games because he has been unable to oust Son, Alli and Eriksen from their places and it affected his confidence. Seeing as those three have helped us to 86 points and second place, it's going to take a pretty special player to do better than them. I would wager that that player will cost more than sissoko in combined transfer fee and wages. Me personally, I would like to give Jansen, Sissoko and Nkoudou one more season to see what they can do.

Out of that lot I would only give Nkoudou another season, he has a lot of pace and from what I've seen he could be OK - Could actually see him as a full back in the Rose mould.

Janssen and Sissoko have been shown lacking when called upon, we need better to call upon when needed.

Players that will turn draws into wins.

Out of that lot I would only give Nkoudou another season, he has a lot of pace and from what I've seen he could be OK - Could actually see him as a full back in the Rose mould.

Janssen and Sissoko have been shown lacking when called upon, we need better to call upon when needed.

Players that will turn draws into wins.

Players need games too don't forget

Weirdly I thought Sissoko looked a bit different against Hull. A bit more confident. A bit more, pick the ball up and run at the defence. A bit more, he thought he could be a difference maker. There was something there.

They haven't played well (arguably). Sissoko has looked completely out of place. There's a difference for me.

Part of what people were saying last summer was that he was older and PL proven so he would fit in quicker.

A player wouldn't have to oust Eriksen, Alli or Son to improve our team. An effective rotation, impact or even backup player could have done quite a bit for us. Sissoko hasn't. It's a fallacy to think that either a player is as good as one of our starters or he is of no use to us.

Back