• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Moussa Sissoko

Disagree entirely. He tries to do exactly the same for us. But most of the time the space just isn't there to do what he does well.

Arguably his best start for us came in the home game against City. When City were giving away space left right and centre in game after game and it was a very open game. He still does the same thing, it's just that in most games teams sit back against us, deny us space and often have their wide midfielder doubling up on the flank to help out their full back.

I agree 100% about his best game being vs city

I disagree he plays like that normally... in order to do that he needs to control the bAll first and sometimes I've seen it bounce off him like a rocket.

I don't think it has to do with how the opposition play, I think it's more to do with confidence and willingness to take a risk

With our fans every mistake from him gets jumped on... I hear it a lot. If we had him some slack to do what he is clearly decent at I think he can be valuable

I agree 100% about his best game being vs city

I disagree he plays like that normally... in order to do that he needs to control the bAll first and sometimes I've seen it bounce off him like a rocket.

I don't think it has to do with how the opposition play, I think it's more to do with confidence and willingness to take a risk

With our fans every mistake from him gets jumped on... I hear it a lot. If we had him some slack to do what he is clearly decent at I think he can be valuable

When there is more space that poor first touch isn't punished as harshly.

Confidence is part of it for sure, but for me that's only a part of it.

Mistakes like that are punished more in a team that has more possession and that have to leave themselves vulnerable to a counter attack than for teams that are mostly sitting back and looking to counter attack themselves.

When there is more space that poor first touch isn't punished as harshly.

Confidence is part of it for sure, but for me that's only a part of it.

Mistakes like that are punished more in a team that has more possession and that have to leave themselves vulnerable to a counter attack than for teams that are mostly sitting back and looking to counter attack themselves.

To be fair he hasn't been punished. The problem is he hasn't contributed when he has played like that

When he came in vs Sunderland he put the. All out twice, got caught offside twice and made a couple of fouls in his first ten minutes. It was like an amateur player being thrown in at the deep end

Sissoko started very promisingly n his first few matches but have been poor in recent matches. Still not sure why we bought him for 30m.

For all his faults, he's apparenlty come out in an interview bemoaning our predictable style of play. The quote is out there somewhere, but the complaint was along the lines of that we turn up trying to play the same way every game and it's predictable.

I don't think we should ever have signed him, but at least he's got the balls to say it.

For all his faults, he's apparenlty come out in an interview bemoaning our predictable style of play. The quote is out there somewhere, but the complaint was along the lines of that we turn up trying to play the same way every game and it's predictable.

I don't think we should ever have signed him, but at least he's got the balls to say it.

Yes, just seen that posted of FB. Not convinced of the authenticity, but if its true, and irrespective of whether he is right or wrong in what he says, he has probably just got himself a summer transfer...

but i agree with him, poch is too predictable.

Ironically the most predictable team in the EPL are 10 points clear at the top of the league.

The issue is not our predictability but rather the fact we lack strength in depth. We play our best football like Chelsea when we play with wing backs but when Rose get injured we have no replacement. When Kane gets injured or stops scoring is a big drop to Janssen. As for Sissoko, suffice to say he has been a very poor player.

Predictability is not the issue because Rose has been playing the same way all season and he has been quality. Alas, Sissoko has been predictable, predictably rubbish almost all season.

The Sissoko witch hunt is shameful. He did not say we are too predictable in a critical way. The mob are looking for an excuse to jump on the guy. Here is what he actually said taken from espnfc.co.uk -

Speaking to reporters in Belgium, Sissoko said: "Everyone knows how we play and they try to give 100 percent against Tottenham.

"We saw it tonight -- it was a hard game and they won, but it's only the first battle. We have another one soon so we have to do everything to get through to the next round.

"Every team we play has a different style but we have a philosophy of how to play, and we try to do the same philosophy every game. Sometimes it's working, sometimes it is a little bit harder.

"We still keep going in that way because that is how we work and how we did well in the past. It's just a bad moment, but we will come back stronger."

Asked whether they can still win silverware, Sissoko said: "Of course. We have a lot of quality. We have lost two games in a row and we now play Fulham so we need to do everything to win the game."

Sissoko has been a bit-part player since joining Spurs from Saudi Sportswashing Machine in a record-equalling £30 million transfer in the summer and was replaced after 70 minutes in Gent.

But he said: "I tried to give my best for the team and that's the most important. All the players need to give everything every game and then, if we want to finish high, we need to improve every game."

The Sissoko witch hunt is shameful. He did not say we are too predictable in a critical way. The mob are looking for an excuse to jump on the guy. Here is what he actually said taken from espnfc.co.uk -

Speaking to reporters in Belgium, Sissoko said: "Everyone knows how we play and they try to give 100 percent against Tottenham.

"We saw it tonight -- it was a hard game and they won, but it's only the first battle. We have another one soon so we have to do everything to get through to the next round.

"Every team we play has a different style but we have a philosophy of how to play, and we try to do the same philosophy every game. Sometimes it's working, sometimes it is a little bit harder.

"We still keep going in that way because that is how we work and how we did well in the past. It's just a bad moment, but we will come back stronger."

Asked whether they can still win silverware, Sissoko said: "Of course. We have a lot of quality. We have lost two games in a row and we now play Fulham so we need to do everything to win the game."

Sissoko has been a bit-part player since joining Spurs from Saudi Sportswashing Machine in a record-equalling £30 million transfer in the summer and was replaced after 70 minutes in Gent.

But he said: "I tried to give my best for the team and that's the most important. All the players need to give everything every game and then, if we want to finish high, we need to improve every game."

This just shows how statements can get twisted. The bolded bit in the above actually sounds exactly like what Poch would want to hear from a player rather than something that will cause him to be shunned. Far from moaning that we are too predictable he is on message with the 'philosophy' of how we want to play. He is too easy a target because of the price tag and because he doesn't have an obvious finesse to his play. Can he improve and play a bigger part? Yes, for sure. Is he a total failure who deserves to be shipped out? Not at all. All about opinions of course but there are many shadess of grey between black and white.

The Sissoko witch hunt is shameful. He did not say we are too predictable in a critical way. The mob are looking for an excuse to jump on the guy.

There's no Sissoko witchhunt. No one jumped on him after misreported comments.

He is an absolute brick footballer though.
Anyone who saw him playing for Saudi Sportswashing Machine recognised that.
I think you could get in a winger from the New Zealand rugby team and he'd offer exactly the same as Sissoko.

This waste of 30m (I'm sure we'll get some of it back) is on Poch. He's the one that wanted him at the last minute after Mane tore us apart with his pace and direct running back in August.

Dude there is no witch hunt. to be honest what he says to the press is not the issue, the issue is that he has not looked any more than ordinary.

Look he is not responsible for his price tag, I get that and do not blame him for that. But the fact is we agreed a £30m deal for him,the most we have agreed for any player in our history. The least he could do is at least make a serious attempt of becoming a starter. At least with Janssen I can tell myself he is just 22 he may get better, improve to be the player we hope he will be. At 27 Sissoko should be playing close to the best football of his career. It is not like he is a young inexperienced pup coming from a weaker league.

Last edited:
Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans tried to warn me but I would not listen. I was blinded by the fact that he always seemed to play well against us. I thought he would be a good signing and I was very optimistic when we bagged him. But I am man enough to admit when I am wrong about a player, and boy did I get it wrong about Sissoko.

I think some of the team are struggling to adapt to being a scalp and other teams raising their game against us.

Ironically the most predictable team in the EPL are 10 points clear at the top of the league.

The issue is not our predictability but rather the fact we lack strength in depth. We play our best football like Chelsea when we play with wing backs but when Rose get injured we have no replacement. When Kane gets injured or stops scoring is a big drop to Janssen. As for Sissoko, suffice to say he has been a very poor player.
I won't call Chelsea the most predictable team, because their players are able to conjure up a lot of creativity when needed, albeit in a fixed formation. I think few of our players are given free roles, bug largely a lot of them are asked to stick to the task.

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back