• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mousa Dembele

Winks to start and Dembele to come on for him around 60-65 minute mark, in situations where we're a goal up. Dembele cannot be starting game after game. I struggle to see how Poch thinks he can.

To be fair to Poch, Dembele has been playing to a decent level and came through 90 mins v Utd. If he's been training well over the week, it's a fair decision to start him. He can't legislate for Moussa giving away square passes over 10 yards or not defending at set-pieces properly or giving away stupid fouls etc. Dembele just had a bad day at the office and with the best will in the world, it can happen.

IMO, if Dembele had played at a good level, we probably would have nicked a win yesterday.

To be fair to Poch, Dembele has been playing to a decent level and came through 90 mins v Utd. If he's been training well over the week, it's a fair decision to start him. He can't legislate for Moussa giving away square passes over 10 yards or not defending at set-pieces properly or giving away stupid fouls etc. Dembele just had a bad day at the office and with the best will in the world, it can happen.

IMO, if Dembele had played at a good level, we probably would have nicked a win yesterday.
Not if we can't defend set pieces. That is the reason we lost.

I agree and Dembele should have done better there too.
As I said in the omt, it's up to our defenders to take command of set pieces. We had 3 centre backs to Watford's 2 strikers. The organisation and aggression when we are defending set pieces needs to be improved. That should come from the cbs and goalie and was totally missing yesterday from those 2 set pieces. This has been overlooked in the rush to blame Dembele for yesterday.

Dembele also had Dier next to him against Utd. Against Watford he was on his own. Obviously doesnt explain the set piece thing, but in open play that makes a big difference

Dembele also had Dier next to him against Utd. Against Watford he was on his own. Obviously doesnt explain the set piece thing, but in open play that makes a big difference

It makes a difference, but doesn't excuse his poor passing and general level of performance. He was making very basic mistakes for a player of his ability.

As I said in the omt, it's up to our defenders to take command of set pieces. We had 3 centre backs to Watford's 2 strikers. The organisation and aggression when we are defending set pieces needs to be improved. That should come from the cbs and goalie and was totally missing yesterday from those 2 set pieces. This has been overlooked in the rush to blame Dembele for yesterday.

Agree on the centre-backs, but Dembele is one of the defensive players in the team and he failed in his responsibility as well. If there's a rush to blame Dembele, it's probably because an error on a set-piece compounded an already sh1t performance.

Dembélé from the bench is the way forward for me, as for the rest i would have Dier in and make him capt. ( as i have said before).

Far too quiet. Likeable lad but not captain material from what I see from afar.
Neither fish nor fowl or as my old boss said to me on many an occasion 'use nor ornament'.
Too nice IMHO, we need a bastard* desperately. We need a Deeney nobler....within the rules of course. ;)

* replace with personal preference.

Neither fish nor fowl or as my old boss said to me on many an occasion 'use nor ornament'.
Too nice IMHO, we need a bastard* desperately. We need a Deeney nobler....within the rules of course. ;)

I guess we will have to agree to disagree then. :)

I think this is what poch is waiting on and talk about.
We need someone to come out of the team and lead it.
I really hope somebody went into that dressing room after the game hurting and had a rant. That wasn't good enough yesterday and it's not a one off either.
This squad is better than that and they could let a lot good work go to waste if the don't realise it takes heart as well as talent.

A Roy Keane in there and we would have won a couple of league titles already.

Not sure the is a Keane type player out there or one who could grow into one.

English culture being what it is it would not be an Englishman as they have been cuckolded by a liberal culture and media. So we should look to Wales, Scotland or Ireland.

I do have a theory our new saviour is currently a 14 year old boy in an academy somewhere in England born in this country to eastern European parents he will have the right amount of verve and determination to take on the status quo but not be schakled by being downcast because he is English.

He will take us to the promised land, we just have to wait a few years for him to show himself to us.

A Roy Keane in there and we would have won a couple of league titles already.

Not sure the is a Keane type player out there or one who could grow into one.

English culture being what it is it would not be an Englishman as they have been cuckolded by a liberal culture and media. So we should look to Wales, Scotland or Ireland.

I do have a theory our new saviour is currently a 14 year old boy in an academy somewhere in England born in this country to eastern European parents he will have the right amount of verve and determination to take on the status quo but not be schakled by being downcast because he is English.

He will take us to the promised land, we just have to wait a few years for him to show himself to us.
Have you sampled the English cuckolding scene yet Chich?

Back