• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Mauricio Pochettino - Sacked

How big do you think the risk is that the manager we replace him with isn't as good, and gives us less success next season and beyond than Poch would have done if we'd kept him instead?

And on a completely separate note, just out of interest: what % of your tone on this forum is natural, innate and authentic vs an enjoyably provocative caricature of yourself?
I think that unless Poch starts showing signs of being able to turn this around soon, the risk is very low.

I think our problem is entirely one of management, much of it stemming from being too close to and too soft with his employees.

In terms of my character here, I'm probably slightly more blunt than I might otherwise be. Mostly though, I'm not really one for caring about whether others like me or my opinions.

I have. And I've worked for clams with zero empathy before too, just like you.
Empathy? Who the fudge would want empathy?

I can't think of a single thing more likely to damage one's chances of success or more pointless than that.

The next stage in human evolution will be us ridding ourselves of such wasteful and needless emotions.

Empathy? Who the fudge would want empathy?

I can't think of a single thing more likely to damage one's chances of success or more pointless than that.

The next stage in human evolution will be us ridding ourselves of such wasteful and needless emotions.
Indeed I couldn't agree more. But until that happens, employees will be subject to those emotions and a degree of empathy enables managers to get the best performance from staff. Perhaps if you paid more attention to it you'd be more successful.

Spot on, apart from that 12-18 month when the whole team were buzzing he has looked what he is, a dynamic player ( not my words) according to a lot of fans fudge know what that means.
He was a defender in a team whose tactics meant he didn't really have to defend.
Aka "modern full back" at the time.
Now the "modern full back" has to defend.
I'm looking forward to the next season of "modern full back"

Indeed I couldn't agree more. But until that happens, employees will be subject to those emotions and a degree of empathy enables managers to get the best performance from staff.
I'd say it's far more efficient to make one's employees think one cares about them, without actually having to waste time on doing so. After all, what is employment other than convincing people they want to do what you want them to do.

The more intelligent they are, the more difficult it is to manipulate them to suit, but footballers shouldn't be any bother.

Perhaps if you paid more attention to it you'd be more successful.
I doubt it.

The new standards are those he set. He proved them possible, now it's his responsibility to improve on them.

Have you never worked in a target-focused environment before?

interesting question...would you have sacked Levy if that was possible after the year we finished bottom half with Ramos? If not, why not?

interesting question...would you have sacked Levy if that was possible after the year we finished bottom half with Ramos? If not, why not?
Levy owns the club... well 35% of it roughly
And the other part is owned by someone who doesn’t care what happens as long as he has growth

Another one of those that goes both ways Steff.

As much as you might think Scara (and others) willfully ignore your mitigating factors, others will feel you willfully believe in things that are more distraction than actual problem.

The lines are drawn, not much else to say at this point.

In time something will change, or be revealed, and perhaps lead to the conversation moving on.

Until then its just a holding pattern.

THere are loads of excuses for Poch vs There arent actually...

Not really Nayim. Here’s the difference. I deal only in opinions and conversations. When someone -even our forum sponsor- repeatedly bellow absolutes with no supportive text, then I am the sort of person who is wired to call them out. Even the addition of an “IMO”
keeps me at bay! But without clear irrefutable facts which bear scrutiny from different perspectives, I won’t be told by anyone “how it is” mate. That’s my wiring. Scara will get it for sure, and deep down he’ll be happy enough I won’t skulk off into the corner!

You’ll note I have both criticisms of Poch ( be hard not to!) and a certain sympathy for those who believe his sacking is the way forward.

FWIW I think a few of us who have been snapping at each other seem to have found that magic spot of opinions and agree to disagree. We all want the best for the club.

I'm not ignoring them, I just don't care. He needs to get us into the top 2/3, if he can't then someone else should.

You see, even though I personally wholeheartedly disagree, at least you firmly stand behind a (to me anyway) curiously perspectiveless viewpoint. I cannot argue with that. We disagree. Whatever happens, let’s hope we beat the caravan mob and quickly ascend to our expected place!!!

Oddly that is when I changed my opinion on him. Was prepared to look the other way when it got results but anyone who puts lemons in a bowl and think their colour shows your aura is an idiot.

What would you do in your life if you went to meeting and your manager said that to you. You might walk away thinking well the guy gets results but is odd. But a seed of doubt would be put in your head that he was not quite the ticket.

To me it was a sign of low self esteem. The sort of flimflam someone says because they think it is funny or clever. Lots of people have them, these stock answers or carefully thought out traits that they think make them sound different or interesting. My sister in law tells anyone who will listen that if she won the lottery she would only ever wear a pair of socks once and throw away.

Hang around a group of teenagers or any woman and you hear the same sort of clap trap from someone not comfortable in their own skin.

I bet Poch even reads his horoscope.

I have spent hundreds of hours with teenagers, and one of mine presents an extra ordinary series of challenges due to a variety of things I won’t get into here. So honestly mate, I think what you’ve said is generally gonad*s and to call Poch an idiot is as mental as this fudging lemon comment (which I admit is odd but I need to see it/hear it/read it in context).

I still love you and hope we can continue to enjoy custard convos!!!

The new standards are those he set. He proved them possible, now it's his responsibility to improve on them.

Have you never worked in a target-focused environment before?

If my “target-focused environment” was one where expectations were met and tripled only to be met with a combination of circumstances conspiring to prevent what I had grown from growing proportionately further, I would leave.

I suspect there are a few who would like him to. If he does, I hope he doesn’t go somewhere where they listen to him carefully and give him the tools he keeps asking for, because of so, we will be laughed at in a couple of seasons.

Jings. Sounds like me hoping to grow at least one six foot tall pot plant in my backyard.

When the biggest hit nine feet I was both proud and despondent. The height was amazing. The potency, though, was diminished by the height.

Times like these, you need all the potency your garden can muster.

Jings. Sounds like me hoping to grow at least one six foot tall pot plant in my backyard.

When the biggest hit nine feet I was both proud and despondent. The height was amazing. The potency, though, was diminished by the height.

Times like these, you need all the potency your garden can muster.

I want you to know, if I was your backyard chairman, given the promise and potency you unexpectedly delivered out of fudging nowhere, I'd find the budget to get you the calibre of lamps, hydro gear and fertilizer to make sure all your creative promise could be fulfilled!!!! I would also fudge off the lame weedy plants loitering around taking up valuable space!!!! Hoe those bastards out out out!

Levy owns the club... well 35% of it roughly
And the other part is owned by someone who doesn’t care what happens as long as he has growth

I know, but I’m just interested in the answer if it was possible. Like, we’d just had 3 seasons of upward trajectory in the league. We’d had a good solid ‘back on track’ season where we finished top half. We then had two consecutive 5th place finishes. And then we finish bottom half. Should Levy be removed at that point? If not, why not?

I know, but I’m just interested in the answer if it was possible. Like, we’d just had 3 seasons of upward trajectory in the league. We’d had a good solid ‘back on track’ season where we finished top half. We then had two consecutive 5th place finishes. And then we finish bottom half. Should Levy be removed at that point? If not, why not?
Because he would be sacking himself... why would he do that
Always amazes me that people think he is an employee
Technically he gets paid to work for THFC
But he also owns a massive chunk of the club

Back