• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Leicester - poll added to opening post

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yrdPEBOzIxP5tjCAvnyn5exo11xAavrUC8lGD8yGtTc/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Lloris - 8

Walker - 4
Fazio - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 4

Bentaleb - 4
Stambouli - 5

Lamela - 5
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 5

Kane - 5

Subs:
Mason - 5
Soldado - 5
Paulinho - 5

Re: Ratings v Leicester

Only saw the last 15 minutes, we were that bad the rest of the game? I just saw us giving the ball away and it coming straight back towards the end.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 4
Fazio - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 4

Bentaleb - 4
Stambouli - 5

Lamela - 5
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 5

Kane - 5

Subs:
Mason - 5
Soldado - 5
Paulinho - 5

Can't really quibble with those except to maybe give Verts a 4 and Bentaleb a 2 - he was truly shocking!

And a 2 to Poch. He should have taken off Bentaleb at half time and replaced with Paulinho and then Lamela with Townsend.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 5 - threat in the first half but gave the ball away a lot second.
Fazio - 6 - at fault for the goal but overall pretty decent.
Vertonghen - 6 - generally solid.
Rose - 5 good attacking threat but doesn't convince defensively.

Bentaleb - 5 - looked his age today
Stambouli - 4 - tough game for his first start, will get better

Lamela - 5 - played important part in the goal and set up good chance for Kane, but offers no threat at all on the right, wanted to cut inside all game but Leicester had him well controlled throughout the game, poor second half, should have been subbed.
Eriksen - 6 - got his goal but struggled with the conditions/atmosphere and speed of the game.
Chadli - 6 - as ever, always liable to get a goal or, as today, an assist, and a good threat in the first half, but faded badly in the second.

Kane - 6 took his goal well but should have had another, made some bad choices but he's young and still learning.

Subs:
Mason - 6 - we looked better when he came on.
Soldado - 4 - offered nothing
Paulinho - n/a

Last edited:

Fazio and hugo 8.
Kane 7
The rest 5 out of 10.
Can't believe lamelA stayed on the pitch - was really poor.
Walker and rose wre awful - Rose was pulling up with cramp after 55mins. It seems that he misses a few weeks and suddenly he has the fitness of adel taraabt.

Lucky to get anything from the game but I hope we will be sharp for utd

Lloris - 9 - Kept us in the game. Outstanding saves.

Walker - 5 - Did ok going forward in the first half but got roasted several times in the second at the back

Fazio - 4 - Sloppy, kept letting Ulloa get into space

Vertonghen - 4 - See above

Rose - 2 - Torn to pieces by Mahrez, offered nothing going forward. Thankfully, Davies will be back for the United game (I hope).

Stambouli - 5 - Looked a little off the pace, but we were far worse when he went off

Bentaleb - 3 - His worst game in a Spurs shirt IMO. Mistake for the goal, hardly got on the ball, missed a good chance to score and kill the game off early. Poor

Eriksen - 6 - Didn't really get into the game, but yet another match winner from a well taken free-kick

Lamela - 3 - Good through ball to Chadli in the first minute, then another crap, anonymous performance where he gave the ball away on the odd occasion he got it

Chadli - 5 - Set up the goal, had one or two good runs, nothing special though.

Kane - 7 - Generally good, though less good than recent weeks. Scored a well taken goal, missed a sitter at the end of the first half, some nice runs and lay-offs.

Subs:

Mason - 5 - Ineffective

Soldado - 4 - Didn't even look like scoring or creating anything. Really poor.

Paulinho - N/A

Poch - 5 - Starting line-up was correct, clearly he had the right idea to go for the jugular and finish them off early, which we could have done if we'd taken our chances. But the tide started to turn, and I have no idea what the half-time team talk was about as we were ****ing dreadful in the second half against a team who are clearly destined for relegation. I can't tell you what our second half game plan was. Play on the counter? Keep possession? Throw men forward and try and outscore them? Just seemed as though we were standing around, living life on the edge, hoofing the ball upfield - reminded me of the end of the Francis or Hoddle era when the players clearly weren't trying any more.

Lloris - 8

Walker - 4
Fazio - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 4

Bentaleb - 4
Stambouli - 5

Lamela - 5
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 5

Kane - 5

Subs:
Mason - 5
Soldado - 5
Paulinho - 5

agree pretty much tbh, how we won that I'll never know. Utter ****, and ripped open with ease.

Chadli did not help out rose at all. Every fan was going bananas at rose (he was ****), but walker was easily as bad - he bas moved on from being a target for fans it appears

Lloris - 8.5. Our saviour. Won us this game almost single-handedly, and suffered a bloody mouth in the process. Hero, and he really does deserve to be playing behind a defense that can better protect him.

Walker - 5.5. Rusty, so gets a reprieve of sorts. Sloppy in possession, though, and was dominated by Schlupp.
Fazio - 6.5. Solid game, heart-stopping miscued clearance towards the end aside.
Verts - 6.5. Solid game.
Rose - 2.5. Woeful positioning - tucked in far, far too deep, and was shredded into pieces by Mahrez.

Bentaleb - 4.5. Sub-par game from the young lad, misplacing possession and losing his man too often. His age and inexperience both excuse him to a large extent, though.
Stambouli - 5. Didn't really look comfortable after the first 25 minutes.

Lamela - 6. Made some great passes (set up Bentaleb and Chadli beautifully), but also was frustrating when it came to a)retaining possession under pressure, and b) knowing when to release the ball and when to dribble. More work needed.
Eriksen - 7. Great passing today, grabbed the winner (through a huge slice of luck, but hey, it counts).
Chadli - 6.5. Worked hard, grabbed an assist, but otherwise anonymous.

Kane - 7. Worked hard as usual, grabbed a goal as usual. Love this lad. :)

Subs:

Mason - 5.5. Didn't really have a chance to get into the game as Leicester battered us right from the off in the second half.
Soldado - N/A. See above.
Paulinho - N/A.

Only saw the last 15 minutes, we were that bad the rest of the game? I just saw us giving the ball away and it coming straight back towards the end.

We had the first 25 minutes almost as a training match .. didn't take our chances to kill it off (couple of real good chances), then Leicester slowly got back in it, 2nd Half was almost all them.

Hugo saved our ass again .. got a busted lip and nose for his bravery.

Walker very rusty, poor game
Bentaleb had a ****ing mare (I know he is young and we need to expect it), but horrible game.

Bad decision on sub with Poch, Bentaleb should have come off for Mason, not Stambouli
Poch still stuggles with changing things when you can clearly see where the game is drifting.

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1yrdPEBOzIxP5tjCAvnyn5exo11xAavrUC8lGD8yGtTc/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Lloris - 8

Walker - 4
Fazio - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 4

Bentaleb - 4
Stambouli - 5

Lamela - 5
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 5

Kane - 5

Subs:
Mason - 5
Soldado - 5
Paulinho - 5

We were poor today but some of those are slghtly harsh. Personally I thought Stambouli was worse than Bentaleb, and presumably so did Poch given the substitutions. I also think you're marking Rose and Walker down too much, plus perhaps the CBs

Anyway, key thing is that its another three points in what is for us a transitional season with players getting used to Poch and us making some much needed changes to the squad in Jan and the summer. A top 6 or 7 finish will take some of the pressure of Poch this season so if we can stay somewhere around where we are, he should be able to implement his changes without undue media pressure. Plares like Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela, Fazio, Kane will all be massively better off next season for playing a lot of PL games this year as well

Yep, for me stombouli looked off the pace and gave the ball away in some really bad areas. Don't think it was a bad move to change things at ht

Lloris - 9 - Kept us in the game. Outstanding saves.

Walker - 5 - Did ok going forward in the first half but got roasted several times in the second at the back

Fazio - 4 - Sloppy, kept letting Ulloa get into space

Vertonghen - 4 - See above

Rose - 2 - Torn to pieces by Mahrez, offered nothing going forward. Thankfully, Davies will be back for the United game (I hope).

Stambouli - 5 - Looked a little off the pace, but we were far worse when he went off

Bentaleb - 3 - His worst game in a Spurs shirt IMO. Mistake for the goal, hardly got on the ball, missed a good chance to score and kill the game off early. Poor

Eriksen - 6 - Didn't really get into the game, but yet another match winner from a well taken free-kick

Lamela - 3 - Good through ball to Chadli in the first minute, then another crap, anonymous performance where he gave the ball away on the odd occasion he got it

Chadli - 5 - Set up the goal, had one or two good runs, nothing special though.

Kane - 7 - Generally good, though less good than recent weeks. Scored a well taken goal, missed a sitter at the end of the first half, some nice runs and lay-offs.

Subs:

Mason - 5 - Ineffective

Soldado - 4 - Didn't even look like scoring or creating anything. Really poor.

Paulinho - N/A

Poch - 5 - Starting line-up was correct, clearly he had the right idea to go for the jugular and finish them off early, which we could have done if we'd taken our chances. But the tide started to turn, and I have no idea what the half-time team talk was about as we were ****ing dreadful in the second half against a team who are clearly destined for relegation. I can't tell you what our second half game plan was. Play on the counter? Keep possession? Throw men forward and try and outscore them? Just seemed as though we were standing around, living life on the edge, hoofing the ball upfield - reminded me of the end of the Francis or Hoddle era when the players clearly weren't trying any more.

2s and 3s when we won a game away from home????? :ross: :ross:

You think we could get away without getting battered against ANY Premiership team with 3 players performing less than 4 out of 10? You're insane.

Nobody deserves less than a 5 IMO.

You think we could get away without getting battered against ANY Premiership team with 3 players performing less than 4 out of 10? You're insane.

Thank you.

Actually you can ...

Lloris & Eriksen are almost at that WC level and they functionally won us the game today.

Under no circumstances would Bentaleb, Walker or Rose deserve a 5 today (2 or 3 might be OTT, but 5 would be daydreaming)

In the second half - yes. We were absolute ****. Can't believe we got a goal. Barely had anything going forward. 4-1 Leicester would've been more of a fair result, to be honest. Thankfully, we have Lloris, who was our best man by a large margin.

Lloris - 9

Walker - 5
Fazio - 4
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 5

Bentaleb - 5
Stambouli - 5

Eriksen - 7
Chadli - 5
Lamela - 5

Kane - 7

Once again, Kane, Lloris and Eriksen carrying us.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 5
Fazio - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Rose - 5

Lamela - 6
Stambouli - 5
Bentaleb - 3
Chadli - 6

Eriksen - 6.5
Kane - 6.5

---