• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Crystal Palace

milo

Jack L. Jones
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YMn__pHcZLkQ30S1KIT4hEtyBvasCweSHzNops581uE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

Lloris - 7

Walker - 5
Fazio - 7
Vert - 6
Rose - 5

Townsend - 4
Stambouli - 5
Dembele - 5
Chadli - 5

Eriksen - 5
Kane - 6

Notes -

Dembele & Stambouli - Both poor, Stambouli marginally poorer. Not because of the penalty (one-off error), but because a) he was rash when he did challenge, escaping a second yellow at least three times (luckily), b) he was often too far away from Palace players when they advanced down the middle, leading to an openness in front of our defense that wasn't there a couple of games ago, and c) his technicality aside, he struggled to control the game the way that a player in his position and role in Poch's system has to. These two ensured we lost control of the game by the 70th minute, and shows a relative paucity in our back-ups for Mason-Bentaleb.

Rose - somewhat sub-par defensively, being done down his flank more than a few times.

Townsend - utterly ineffective.

Lloris - our savior again, making some great saves. To no avail, though.

Verts - Fazio - good games from both of 'em.

Kane - Phwoar!

Lloris. 6 made a couple of good saves.
Walker 5 started well enough, but went to pieces in the second half.
Vertonghen 7 Another steady game.
Fazio 7 Another reliable game from him.
Rose 6 Had a real battle but played tight and got stuck in.
Chadli 5 Nice touch for the goal but a passenger for most of the game.
Dembeli 6 began well, but got over run in second half
Stambouli. 6 pretty good in first half, but struggled to keep up with the pace in second.
Townend 4 Hopeless.
Eriksen 4 worst game for Spurs.
Kane 7 Took his goal well, tried hard, but had real service at all.

LLoris - 5
Walker - 5
Fazio - 6
Verts - 6
Rose - 5

Townsend - 3
Stambouli - 6
Dembele - 7
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 4

Kane - 6

Subs:

Soldado - 3
Capoue - 4

Poch - 5

We really missed Mason and Bentaleb today. Dembele and Stambouli are alright but it really affects our play when we do not get the ball forward to feet quickly

Lloris - 7

Walker - 7
Fazio - 7
Vert - 7
Rose - 5

Townsend - 3
Stambouli - 4
Dembele - 6
Chadli - 5

Eriksen - 5
Kane - 6

Our midfield today was awful

LLoris - 5
Walker - 5
Fazio - 6
Verts - 6
Rose - 5

Townsend - 3
Stambouli - 6
Dembele - 7
Eriksen - 6
Chadli - 4

Kane - 6

Subs:

Soldado - 3
Capoue - 4

Poch - 5

Really? 5 for Lloris? 3 for Soldado (he did nothing right or wrong in his 15-20 mins) but 6 for Stambouli who was poor for about 60 mins and gave away a pen???? What did Eriksen do to get '2' more than CHadli? Both were quiet

We really missed Mason and Bentaleb today. Dembele and Stambouli are alright but it really affects our play when we do not get the ball forward to feet quickly

Agreed. Transfer priorities are:
1) cover for Mason; Dembele can (kind of) cover for Bentaleb but we have no replacement for like for like cover Mason, unless we drop Eriksen deeper
2) another attacker who can also cover CF: at the moment we play Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela but then their cover is TOwnsend (hopeless), Lennon (not suited to Poch's system) and Paulinho (cr ap and already checked out)
3) another CB as we dont have anyone even half decent to cover Verts and Fazio at present

Really? 5 for Lloris? 3 for Soldado (he did nothing right or wrong in his 15-20 mins) but 6 for Stambouli who was poor for about 60 mins and gave away a pen???? What did Eriksen do to get '2' more than CHadli? Both were quiet

Lloris had an ok game. That is what I give 5 for. Not having a go at him but he never gets anywhere near saving a penalty. I thought Stambouli had an average to good game. And the pen was a dive. Eriksen did nothing that opened them up but he kept possession well at times and linked up with others well. But nothing amazing. Chadli lost the ball on way too many occasions. Even when Eriksen is quiet his does not hurt the team. As for Soldado, He did nothing wrong. You are right. But he also did nothing. Did not effect the play, get on the ball or worry their defence. Basically invisible for his time on the pitch.

Agreed. Transfer priorities are:
1) cover for Mason; Dembele can (kind of) cover for Bentaleb but we have no replacement for like for like cover Mason, unless we drop Eriksen deeper
2) another attacker who can also cover CF: at the moment we play Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela but then their cover is TOwnsend (hopeless), Lennon (not suited to Poch's system) and Paulinho (cr ap and already checked out)
3) another CB as we dont have anyone even half decent to cover Verts and Fazio at present

1) agree we need another Centre Mid. One who can looking forward a little more.
2) Another attacker for sure. I would like Berahinio as he can dribble, shoot and has pace. But the money they want for him makes it a gamble. Would like Ings from Burnley aslo.
3) Disagree here. KAboul i think is done. And Chiriches is not stable enough. But I would give Dier a chance there first.

This game just highlights how light our squad is. I doubt the likes of Dembele, Stambouli, Townsend and Rose would get into the squad of any other top half of the table prem team. All very poor today and seem to have no idea of when to release the ball and no movement and anticipation when they havent got the ball. I seriously hope we get rid of some of them in the next couple of windows to free up some wages and funds to strengthen. It shows how poor our squad is, will we even get any offers for the fringe players.
Just another frustrating day watching Spurs!

1) agree we need another Centre Mid. One who can looking forward a little more.
2) Another attacker for sure. I would like Berahinio as he can dribble, shoot and has pace. But the money they want for him makes it a gamble. Would like Ings from Burnley aslo.
3) Disagree here. KAboul i think is done. And Chiriches is not stable enough. But I would give Dier a chance there first.

Even if you count Dier, then we only have 3 so am injury and a suspension and we'd be short. I like Dier as well but we need another option

Stambouli - 8

For an inexperienced lad he handled the physical game best out of all the midfielders. Bossed first half with Moussa. Oh and put in a match winning tackle. Shame the inept officials did not see that and instead handed the momentum to Palace.

Walker - 7 . Was not outplayed by Zaha, was one of the few full backs who can match him for pace and force him to check.

Capoue - don't like to turn on my own but bloody hell

Townsend - not his day not his pitch not his game so should have played for the team

Can I also just add how much I hate that useless mug Campbell too. Abysmal for us did nothing when on loan no passion but today decides to try and stick one on Lloris. Nice one Fazio flooring the gimp

It just goes to show how different things people see in games. Stambouli-8 seriously I thought he was well out of his depth.Hardly won a tackle caught in posession and mainly gave the ball away. Thought his performance just highlighted the fact we need a ball winning midfielder who can pass and move.

Lloris 7

Walker 6
Fazio 6
Vertonghen 6
Rose 6

Stambouli 5
Dembele 7

Townsend 5
Eriksen 5
Chadli 5

Kane 7

Pooch's subs weren't great. I kept looking over towards the bench hoping to see Lennon about to come on, even Paulinho would've been preferable to what we got.

Back