• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Match ratings - Burnley - Poll added to opening post

Gutter Boy

Tim Sherwood
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1aOrHCwmSS7Imj9P_N6GkEnTGfWOwJhpT0ldEzi38H40/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="3000" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Summary of responses

8 - Lamela
7 - Walker, Verts, Fazio, Davies, Mason, Stambouli, Chadli, Eriksen, Kane
6 - Lloris, Bentaleb

Re: Ratings vs Burnley

LLoris made several saves and getting a 6? Saving goals is more important than kicking/passing under pressure. He deserves a 7.

Lloris - 6

Walker - 7
Fazio - 5
Vertonghen - 6
Davies - 6

Mason - 7
Bentaleb - 6

Lamela - 8
Eriksen - 8
Chadli - 6

Kane - 6

Subs:
Stambouli - 7
Soldado - n/a
Rose - n/a

Lloris - 6

Walker - 7
Fazio - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Davies - 7

Lamela - 8
Mason - 6
Bentaleb - 6
Chadli - 7

Eriksen - 8
Kane - 7

--

Stambouli - 7
Soldado - 6
Rose - N/A

LLoris made several saves and getting a 6? Saving goals is more important than kicking/passing under pressure. He deserves a 7.

It was below par by his own standards. His poor kicking put us under pressure several times.

I am ready for a kicking but I really cannot see what Bentaleb adds to the team, a good prospect definitely but a certain starter no way.

I am ready for a kicking but I really cannot see what Bentaleb adds to the team, a good prospect definitely but a certain starter no way.

He is talented, but inconsistent which I suppose is natural at his age. I do think he's over hyped on this forum....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Agreed. Lloris really couldn't do anything about the goal. He made several good saves and was sweeping up behind the center-halves. Deserves at least a 7 today, I don't think he made any major mistakes.

Lloris - 7

Walker - 6
Fazio - 5.5
Vertonghen - 6
Davies - 6

Mason - 6.5
Bentaleb - 6
Lamela - 7.5
Eriksen - 7
Chadli - 6

Kane - 6.5

Sub:
Stambouli - 6.5
Soldado/Rose not on long enough to make any impact

Lloris 7

Walker 7
Fazio 6
Vertonghen 7
Davies 7

Mason 6
Bentaleb 6

Lamela 7
Eriksen 7
Chadli 6

Kane 7

Subs:
Stambouli 7
Soldado 6

Pochettino 7

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I think he's got everything - crisp passing, power, work rate, intelligence.

He's just a bit inconsistent at the moment, which is inherent at his age. But the whole resurgence of the last month or so has largely be based on his CM partnership with Mason.

I agree with Steff - it's him, not Eriksen, who will be the next one to go to Madrid

I think he's got everything - crisp passing, power, work rate, intelligence.

He's just a bit inconsistent at the moment, which is inherent at his age. But the whole resurgence of the last month or so has largely be based on his CM partnership with Mason.

I agree with Steff - it's him, not Eriksen, who will be the next one to go to Madrid

I have watched him closely and I think he gives the ball away far too much and offers nothing defensively, it stood out more today because they played long ball and by passed him, I do take on board what you say about his age and the fact that he can be neat and tidy, I shall watch his progress with great interest, Poch has shown great faith in him so perhaps I am expecting too much.

Good games by Eriksen & Lloris, most of the rest of the team had a good 1st half, struggled in 2nd.

Lamela had a great 1st half, put their LB under huge pressure, then drifted across to right, was far less effective.

Kane continued the scoring, but we have seen where he needs to improve, at least 3 big misses today that could have killed the game off for us. That said, 14 in first real senior season before xmas is very good achievement.

Walker helps our balance.

Poch got it right in 1st half, would have liked to see something better in 2nd half especially when we were under a bit of pressure from them.

Lloris - 6
Walker - 7
Fazio - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Davies - 6
Mason - 7
Bentaleb - 5
Lamela - 8
Eriksen - 8
Chadli - 6
Kane - 6
Subs:
Stambouli - 7
Soldado -
Rose -

I think he's the first CM on the team sheet and one of 5 or 6 players who we should build the team around (along with Verts, Walker, Lloris, Eriksen ad perhaps Kane). He's the modern defensive midfielder

I have watched him closely and I think he gives the ball away far too much and offers nothing defensively, it stood out more today because they played long ball and by passed him, I do take on board what you say about his age and the fact that he can be neat and tidy, I shall watch his progress with great interest, Poch has shown great faith in him so perhaps I am expecting too much.

re defensive contribution, holding midfielders arent like David Batty, Roy Keane or Paul Ince - that style DM doesnt exist nowadays. From a defensive perspective, a DM does his job more by being in the right position, filling in gaps and covering and, from an attacking perspective, move the ball quickly to start attaks or change their direction.

I think he's the first CM on the team sheet and one of 5 or 6 players who we should build the team around (along with Verts, Walker, Lloris, Eriksen ad perhaps Kane). He's the modern defensive midfielder

I think hes better further forward personally.

I think hes better further forward personally.

Everyone thinks all our midfielders are better furhrter forward it seems! Eriksen, Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll, Dembele......! Pace is very important nowadays in that number 10 role and none of these have any pace whatsoever!! To me Bentaleb and Carroll are best as the deepest CM, with Mason and Eriksen (eventually) better as a CM playing with a holding midifelder

Everyone thinks all our midfielders are better furhrter forward it seems! Eriksen, Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll, Dembele......! Pace is very important nowadays in that number 10 role and none of these have any pace whatsoever!! To me Bentaleb and Carroll are best as the deepest CM, with Mason and Eriksen (eventually) better as a CM playing with a holding midifelder

Our CBs are wanted as DMs, our CMs as AMs etc., but Eriksen is somehow wanted further back. Square circles and all that.

Because most of our players have skills better suited for being attack minded perhaps? Bentalebs best performance in a Spurs shirt came when he was more advanced. He is good in the deep role but I feel we would be limiting his ultimate potential.

Back