• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Lawro the Twunt says... 2017/18

Lawro

Prediction League Champion 2016/17
Saudi Sportswashing Machine v Tottenham (13:30 BST)

Tottenham's great problem this year will be Wembley because it will be like playing away from home every week.

Spurs were beaten 5-1 at St James' Park on the last day of the 2015-16 season after they had missed out on the title and Saudi Sportswashing Machine had been relegated.

It is good to see a club like Saudi Sportswashing Machine back in the top flight, but I am expecting a very different outcome this time.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Ah, Lawro the Twunt - how I've missed his bark-like features. Born from a tree, but only half-way - his face appearing, pushing through the wood, like a fairy-tale nightmare. And then he speaks. Freaks me out!

I love how his predictions has nothing to do with the actual game.

I think something is up because he has Liverpool to draw at Watford, but all the other "Magnificent Seven" (Sky TM) to win.

If anyone think they're a match for his incredible insights you can take him on in the prediction league. Results can be entered for weeks ahead.

I love how his predictions has nothing to do with the actual game.

I think something is up because he has Liverpool to draw at Watford, but all the other "Magnificent Seven" (Sky TM) to win.

If anyone think they're a match for his incredible insights you can take him on in the prediction league. Results can be entered for weeks ahead.
Don't worry, he'll predict Liverpool to win all their remaining games. He couldn't predict them to win ALL the games. That would just look stupid and unprofessional, so he gets the draw out of the way early.

Tottenham v Chelsea (16:00 BST)

This is Tottenham's first Premier League game at Wembley but it will not be quite the test that people were expecting when the fixtures came out.

I just think Chelsea are all over the place, as we saw against Burnley last week.

They are without suspended duo Gary Cahill and Cesc Fabregas after their red cards against the Clarets and Eden Hazard is not ready to return from injury yet.

Pedro and Tiemoue Bakayoko are also injured and there is no end in sight to the Diego Costa saga either, with the striker still in Brazil. The situation with him is just absurd.

So I am going to go for a Spurs win - if I am right, then Chelsea really are in crisis, aren't they?

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Tottenham v Burnley (16:00 BST)
In fairness to Tottenham, they played OK last weekend. Chelsea were just better than them. It is important for Tottenham to start getting wins under their belt at Wembley and to start to dispel the myth of it being a hoodoo.

I said in week one that they would struggle to finish in the top four because of the Wembley situation and I am not going to change my mind. They will be in the mix for the top six though. They are not a bad team because they lost at home to Chelsea.

They have made some signing this week - the Colombian defender Davinson Sanchez from Ajax and goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga from Southampton. I would think they will be looking to get two or three more in.

But it is a trip to Wembley for Burnley and while they lost last weekend to West Brom they put in a really good performance to beat Chelsea on the opening day. I can't see them winning this though.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

We hit the post, Courtois had to make at least three serious saves, we gave them their last goal and the stats say we dominated. There is no way 'they were just better' than us.

They might have matched our possession dominance with good defensive football, but that's not 'better than' us in my opinion.

Everton v Tottenham
This has turned into a big game for Tottenham after they dropped more points at home in their last game against Burnley. If they lose at Goodison Park, they will have made a poor start.

I don't think Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino will allow that to happen. His teams normally play well when it matters, and I think we will see a reaction from them.

Everton are no pushovers, but I am not sure who is going to prise open the Spurs defence. Sandro Ramirez is still adjusting to the English game and they seem a little short in attack.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Back