• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kings rule

Mr. Green

Stephen Kelly
LA Kings finally advance to the West Conference finals again...19 years wait, I was still in my secondary school then :-k
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/la-kings-sweep-st-louis-215104808--nhl.html

It's a really amazing run, the 8th seed wasn't given much hopes to upset the top seed and President Cup winner, Vancouver Canucks, but the Kings comprehensively beat them 4-1.

In the second round, they have to face the 2nd seed St. Louis Blues, and they somehow managed one better by sweeping the Blues 4-0 to become first team ever to eliminate the top two seeds of the Conference in the first two rounds.

The Kings simply steamrolled the top two seeds, as they won all their 5 road games.

Their next opponent could be Phoenix Coyotes, the third seed. It will be amazing if the Kings could beat Coyotes in the West finals to advance to the Stanley Cup finals...beating the 1-2-3 seeds of your conference 8)

I+dont+understand+dog.jpg

Very good result, thought the blues would win, looks like a good line up for the finals this year

Impressive run from them so far, wasn't expecting them to sweep the Blues. I'm a Dogs fan myself so hoping for a conference final matchup with you, if was can finish off the Preds.

Would personally like a Coyotes/Flyers final - Smith v Bryz.

Think it's definitely Coyote Ugly vs. Kings, just don't make Quick & co. wait for too long 8)

Smith vs. Quick, will need weapon of mass destruction to breakdown the two nettenders!

Talking about old "friends" meeting up, there are more ex-teammates in LA and Philadelphia than you can count. Anyway, Flyers are unlikely to make it to their Conference finals now, who despite taking a two-goal lead in Game 4, crumbled under pressure and now trailing 1-3.

Go Devils!!!

3-1 lead and a good chance of being in the Eastern Finals. Brodeur still doing it at his age!!

Great escape...Rangers scored the eqauliser with seconds remaining and the OT winner in less than 2min

The Dogs finished off Predators 4-1. Two teams with the right attitude and best nettenders will square off in West Finals.

Yotes have home ice advantage but Kings should have the better team. Probably a seven 1-0s series...

Last edited:
Weren't these guys based in Sacramento? Just cannot get my head around the idea of moving a sports team!! Surely people in LA supported the lakers and the clippers before these guys turned up? Is support that transient?

Fail! Just realised this is hockey not Basketball!! :)

Still, thoughts on franchises? How would you guys feel if Spurs moved to say Leeds for financial reasons?

No way I would support a team in the North

I would defect to Fulham

In America they support their Area or town. In some ways its nicer than what happens here in the UK. Here people will Glory Hunt and support a team they have hardly any chance of seeing just as it is the best team at the moment. But in the states, they support the local college teams and then the professional franchises on top of that.

By saying you would defect to Fulham you have basically said the same thing, you are supporting a local team and not the team that moves away. But even though you say that, i net you would find it hard to not follow Leeds hotspurs results over Fulhams ;)

The Dogs finished off Predators 4-1. Two teams with the right attitude and best nettenders will square off in West Finals.

Yotes have home ice advantage but Kings should have the better team. Probably a seven 1-0s series...
Won't be a goalfest certainly. I'd make the Kings favourites, home ice doesn't seem to be bothering them at all so far.

It would be interesting to see how Kings react, despite its lower seeding, Kings are in many people's books, the favourite. They are used to the underdogs status, and hence stunned Canucks/Blues away.

Coyotes would be different story, they have the right mentality and have eliminated two teams that are on par with Kings on talent level.

IF Kings let the favourite tag get to their heads, they will probably do a Spurs (how could we lose a 13-point lead?) and find themselves into a 0-2 hole.

Yeah, I was hoping Predators to turn the table on Coyotes, as it would be a more difficult match-up if it's Coyotes in the Finals. Congrats to the Desert Dogs!

Last edited:
Kings won on the road, again, their play-off away win streak now stands at 8.

Taking the lead 3 times but got pegged back to 2-2 by the spirited Dogs. After going up 3-2, Dogs went for the broke and swapped their impressive goalie with another outfield skater, and King promptly scored to make it 4-2. Game 1, LA Kings 4 Phoenix Coyotes 2

I fudging hate the franchised world of American sports. Toronto is awful and apparently they're passionate about sport here...

Back