• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Kieran Trippier

Some might say that Trippier doesn't play enough, and could consider moving on to get games

BUT

Seems to me that you could pick Trippier against any of the 'weak' sides at home, as his crossing is so good and we don't need to defend that much. Maybe also away if teams start to truly fear us.

Must be 12 games at home where we hope to dominate. Should be 6 away where we hope to dominate.
Probably 8 cup games too across all comps.

And then Walker we be injured from time to time - plenty of games for Trips if he perseveres at Spurs.

As a few said last week, Walker is the better defender and we needed him today for that reason. His end product was brick today and Trippier would've punished them, but we still ran out 4-0 winners so nothing lost in that sense.

Um, really?

Lloris had a cup of tea in the first half, and didn't even bother coming out second half...

In hindsight yes, although there was one moment in the first half where Walker stopped a cross getting across to the last man, that would've been a shot on goal otherwise.
This was the same team that cost Liverpool 5 point's this season, if they had turned up today then who know's.

I missed Trippier's first time crosses today. Walker has obviously got his plus points, but I don't think it would be too hard to train him to do this as well.

I missed Trippier's first time crosses today. Walker has obviously got his plus points, but I don't think it would be too hard to train him to do this as well.
As fast as he is, Walker can slow down the game a lot in the final third. Trippier doesn't hesitate and rifles it in the box. Now Kyle is a superb defender, but lately I don't see much difference between him and Trippier, mostly because his performances have dropped off, rather than Trippier has improved defensively. So that being said, maybe Trippier is the better option currently when we're playing 3 at the back. Could see him starting against Chelski with Walker starting against Palace to negate Zaha.

Everyone's salivating (rightly) about Trippier's crosses but it's his exquisite passes over the top and into space to put front-runners through on goal that are the real dazzlers.

Kyle walker is the best right back in the league by some way as he does both the attacking and defensive game so well

Trippier is a great wing back option and a solid right back but isn't near to Walker defensively

He is perfect for when wee targeting teams that are poor at crosses. Would have suited pool for example IMO but wouldn't suit Chelsea I'd say

Let's not forget that the first job is to to defend even in the current system

As I said previously in the easier games when we have all of the possession and mainly need a crossing machine then Trippier is your man.

Dismiss Walker at your peril though. At the top level, against top wide men, we would miss Walker massively. (hazard next week for example).

What I think we could do on occasion (especially if we are chasing games or dominating) is bring Trippier on at right wing back and drop Walker back to the Right of 3 centre backs. This would work on the basis that most of our under the kosh opponents attacking would be counter attack....so Walkers pace would probably be able to deal with anything thrown at us.

Back