• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

I'm sorry. It's a great save, but what else could he have done? He sees a striker and sticks up a foot. It looks awesome, but wouldn't any goalie do that? Not to take anything away from lloris, he had a great game, but ... Was that save really that impressive?

And to reiterate, not having a dig at hugo. I love the man with all my heart. I just thought that save was of the kind - looks very good, but who wouldn't have done it? Is it the sticking up of the foot part that is good? Osnt that sort of instinctive, wouldn't anyone? Am I just drunk and stupid? Drunk, certainly.

I'm sorry. It's a great save, but what else could he have done? He sees a striker and sticks up a foot. It looks awesome, but wouldn't any goalie do that? Not to take anything away from lloris, he had a great game, but ... Was that save really that impressive?

And to reiterate, not having a dig at hugo. I love the man with all my heart. I just thought that save was of the kind - looks very good, but who wouldn't have done it? Is it the sticking up of the foot part that is good? Osnt that sort of instinctive, wouldn't anyone? Am I just drunk and stupid? Drunk, certainly.

It’s the speed of his reaction to lift his leg going in the wrong direction

Could easily be luck but at this level you give the benefit of the doubt to the keeper that he meant that IMO

The one from Ronaldo was better imho.
The ball is thumped and swerves.
Most keepers are beaten by that because they go right - Hugo even went right and his right arm was going up. I have no idea how he even got his left arm up, left alone tipped it over.

The one from Ronaldo was better imho.
The ball is thumped and swerves.
Most keepers are beaten by that because they go right - Hugo even went right and his right arm was going up. I have no idea how he even got his left arm up, left alone tipped it over.
I agree, some would have got a hand to it but not stopped it, to get a strong enough hand to touch it over with so little reaction time was amazing

He should kick it longer more often (like he did tonight), as we are actually quite good at winning the 2nd ball and starting an attack from it.
Presumably following instructions because we had Kane and Llorente up top. Maybe also attempting to play it out from the back might have been too dodgy against the likes of Ronaldo, Isco, Benzema & co because they would certainly have come hunting.

Lucky to have him and to have had him so long. It's no coincidence that our good years of recent time, happen to be the same years we've had him between the sticks.

Settled our back four and regularly keeps us in games with wonder saves.

Oh capitaine, mon capitaine....
Indeed, if only Hugo was dead. Ah well.

O Captain! My Captain! our fearful trip is done;
The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:

But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

Lucky to have him and to have had him so long. It's no coincidence that our good years of recent time, happen to be the same years we've had him between the sticks.

Settled our back four and regularly keeps us in games with wonder saves.

I've supported the club since about 1984 and Hugo is easily the best keeper we've had in that time in my opinion. I know he makes the odd mistake but by and large, he's excellent.

However, I think it's a sign of how far we've come in recent years that we no longer view him as too good for us. I remember after Tactics Tim's season and even Poch's first one that we were all saying "enjoy him while you can, he'll move on to better things after this season." I love Hugo but I now think we have a club, a manager, facilities and a squad that he doesn't look too good for. And I think he's world class.

Back