• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He wouldn't be in contention for a place in a world 11, so no.

What specifically do you mean by contention? If I were playing a front 3 I have to include Messi and Ronaldo with Neymar, Bale, Suarez, Lewandowski and many other top attackers battling for the third spot. How would you apply the world "contention" in this context

But coming back to my comments it was comparing coutinho and Erisken strangely on a Kane thread... and one has now had a season where he has been the best in his position in the league so is the better player right now. And IMO it comes down to ability to consistently deliver... which over a 38 games season Erisken has, regardless of some games early on

For the record I rate him highly, I just need him to be more consistent over the full length of the season

Depends on the league. The premier league is one of the top two in the world despite what people mate say so by default you would be one of the best in the world unless the actual standard in that position is very low for the league.

I find this league the most exciting but I question how you can currently say it is one of teh best two in the world when the teams have been under performing in the Champions League for a while now.

Hopefully by this time next year I will be fully convinced that Eriksen is world class

Last edited:
What specifically do you mean by contention? If I were playing a front 3 I have to include Messi and Ronaldo with Neymar, Bale, Suarez, Lewandowski and many other top attackers battling for the third spot. How would you apply the world "contention" in this context

Just would he be considered for a place in a world team/squad. I cannot see any other definition of world class that makes sense.

You are wrong mate, last season Kane score 2 goals in 3 Champions League matches ;)

Seems a bit of a cop out to me, world class players should be able to perform at Wembley and away from home

Not a cop, more a fact around the need to play at a home stadium. We basically played every game away last season

I find this league the most exciting but I question how you can currently say it is one of teh best two in the world when the teams have been under performing in the Champions League for a while now.

Hopefully by this time next year I will be fully convinced that Eriksen is world class

The champions league isn't the benchmark for me as it's predictable. You get one curve ball team every season and this season it was Monaco. You can already predict 3 of next seasons final 4 teams I think....

You would struggle to do that and get it right for the prem. if the prem was a cake walk like the Italian league so for Juve or German league is for Bayern id say the champions league would be of more importance to prem teams but over here you have to juggle the demands of both which are harder than any other league. We also don't help our sides out with moving games like other countries

Erisken needs to do it at his current level for a couple of seasons I agree. It's why Kane has moved into that bracket now.... top scorer for 2 on the bounce is top notch in any league

Just would he be considered for a place in a world team/squad. I cannot see any other definition of world class that makes sense.

But very few people would agree on that 11 which is why I would revert to the normal logic applied in athletics for example where the top 3 are the best with one being the very best

But very few people would agree on that 11 which is why I would revert to the normal logic applied in athletics for example where the top 3 are the best with one being the very best

Which is why I say contention. Eriksen wouldn't be in contention.

Which is why I say contention. Eriksen wouldn't be in contention.

Playing in his position? I didn't say he was world class, just had world class stats

IMO he would be in contention - he certainly was the best from our league playing that role

Who would you have in front of him?

I'll add that this is why it can't be a first 11 as people will go for Suarez for example who is brilliant and no doubt world class but is very much a striker IMO, not a creative midfielder. Different formations suit different players and systems which help some shine and not others

Last edited:
I must confess prior to today I do not think I have ever heard the phrase "world class stats" in football, I am normally just use to describing a player as world class or not.

You wouldn't normally differentiate the too but IMO Erisken needs another season of delivering the assists, passes etc... to move up

World class strikers are judge don't on goal counts, creators on assists and key passes and defenders on clean sheets materially

It's why Toby for me is world class. In arguably the most attacking league to be the best centre back in the best defence in your first two seasons there shows that statistically .... problem is he isn't a BIG name so people talks about players like Marquinos or one of the Juve gang who are brilliant don't get me wrong but Toby is right up there

Whatever you're having, it ain't good for you! Who the feck is ambromovich and Jose? What kind of medication are you currently on?
August 2013..
Brazilian footballer Willian passes medical at Spurs only to be taken from under their noses by Roman Ambromovich while
Jose Mourinho laughs at Spurs in press interview...
I don,t think that you would put it passed these two doing a deal!

Ambromovich, asking Jose to get Kane at any price ..(100 mill so far)
He said to him , I,ll replenish your Spanish Tax bill and Fine that way you win
And I win and we torpedo Spurs for good...

I hope this does not happen....thoughts?

So you believe that Abramovich and Jose still have something together? That would have been a surprise!

So you believe that Abramovich and Jose still have something together? That would have been a surprise!

Well no one knows if they have completely fallen out. Ambromovich has hired him twice. He,s no doub,t had massive pay off,s Cheatski have won trophies with Jose. Would you put it pass Ambromovich to ask Jose to get Kane if possible? They are both in the game for winning and cheating proved with Willian...no skin off their noses although
Unethical. Football authorities will not find out if there is some conclusion or care.
plus both probably don,t like us.
Anyway"...".........CoySpurs.............

Back