• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

I don’t think Dier will be at the club much longer. He was disappointing last/this season. He doesn’t count as part of the ‘home grown’ quota, and if any of the rumours are to be believed then we are actively searching for at least a couple of new central midfielders, players who would take Dier’s place in the team.
I wouldn’t be so quick to write off Dier. I have not been his biggest fan as a midfielder but I think he has talent and would be better used in defence. Plus I like the bloke. Would be gutted if he was sold.

I think he plays further back in the Dembele role

He's been played all over, and has been equally, massively impressive in all of them.

Statsbomb had a fantastic article about him late last year -

https://statsbomb.com/2018/11/will-giovani-lo-celso-be-psgs-one-that-got-away/

Picture1-2.png
Picture2-2.png
Picture3-1.png

Long story short, this guy is not-so-quietly the best midfielder in La Liga, *bar none*.

You play him in defensive midfield, central midfield, in the hole, on the wings...he will be central to the game every time. He led Betis, and *La Liga*, in xG contributions (xG + xG assisted) for a while, and has amazing tackle figures, tackle success rates, possession regains and deep progression rates. 16 goals last season, and 6 assists.

Here he is against Madrid away -

He's a complete midfielder, equally comfortable at No.10 or in defensive midfield, and seems like probably the closest thing to an Eriksen replacement we're likely to find.

I am definitely hyped for this guy, although if it's at Eriksen's expense....:(

If Steve Nicol says this then I automatically veer towards the opinion that he'll be pretty hot stuff.

http://www.spursism.com/absolutely-...-says-spurs-potential-signing-will-be-a-flop/

“This guy’s a nice player to watch. He’s got a nice left foot, he plays some nice passes, he scores some nice goals. But this guy is not cut out for the Premier League,” Nicol told ESPN

“Physically and mentally, I don’t see how he’s tough enough or strong enough to play a (single) season. He is absolutely not the answer in the middle of the field.”

If Steve Nicol says this then I automatically veer towards the opinion that he'll be pretty hot stuff.

http://www.spursism.com/absolutely-...-says-spurs-potential-signing-will-be-a-flop/

“This guy’s a nice player to watch. He’s got a nice left foot, he plays some nice passes, he scores some nice goals. But this guy is not cut out for the Premier League,” Nicol told ESPN

“Physically and mentally, I don’t see how he’s tough enough or strong enough to play a (single) season. He is absolutely not the answer in the middle of the field.”

Steve Nicol is the sort of chap that fails school and then goes on to be a teacher that no one listens to

Watching the vid the one thing that struckme was his strength on the ball.
Think he would fit in no problem.

Long story short, this guy is not-so-quietly the best midfielder in La Liga, *bar none*.

You play him in defensive midfield, central midfield, in the hole, on the wings...he will be central to the game every time. He led Betis, and *La Liga*, in xG contributions (xG + xG assisted) for a while, and has amazing tackle figures, tackle success rates, possession regains and deep progression rates. 16 goals last season, and 6 assists.

Here he is against Madrid away -

He's a complete midfielder, equally comfortable at No.10 or in defensive midfield, and seems like probably the closest thing to an Eriksen replacement we're likely to find.

I am definitely hyped for this guy, although if it's at Eriksen's expense....:(
Very one-footed, isn't he? Don't get me wrong, if you say he is all that, I'm for him, but it did strike me that he hardly used his right on the entire match.

Very one-footed, isn't he? Don't get me wrong, if you say he is all that, I'm for him, but it did strike me that he hardly used his right on the entire match.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...ter-addition-for-paris-saint-germain.amp.html

'Journalist Joel Richards, when asked by Bleacher Report about Lo Celso, called him "wildly talented." Fryer continued: “He is very one-footed, though that’s not necessarily a weakness.”

That is an element of his game that stands out when you watch the playmaker. He loves to use the outside of his left foot, almost as a substitute for his right.

However, at times, when he’s forced to use his weaker foot to pass or cross, he can lose possession. If the defence blocks him in or he tries to play himself out of trouble, his ability on his right side can let him down.'

Good spot. Still, one-footed but brill is a tradeoff I'd take any day. :p

He would have said the same about Modric

They were all correct in Modric's first season.
He was young and worked hard to adapt his body and play to dominate against the men.

Back