• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup 2016/17

I know, they get two byes against a L1 side and a Championship team, whereas we have to raise our game and battle against the might of a championship side and a L2 team.
On this occasion, look back at previous years it's ridiculous the continual easy draws they get

Our game will have to be the Sunday as we play in the EL the Thursday before

I was looking at the draw odds on Skybet earlier, both Chelsea v Brentford & Manchester United v Wigan were 28/1

Chelsea again with a tinkle easy draw, it really is ridiculous how easy it's made for them each time

Obviously United will be on tv, probably Derby v Leicester not sure of others
You got that wrong. We don't play EL until the 16th of February. This tie is to be played between 27th and 30th of January. Will be Friday or Saturday as we have Sunderland away on the 31st. We play city the Saturday before.

You got that wrong. We don't play EL until the 16th of February. This tie is to be played between 27th and 30th of January. Will be Friday or Saturday as we have Sunderland away on the 31st. We play city the Saturday before.
Friday night would be decent

We can't really complain either though! Villa & Wycombe, not exactly world beaters, both at home. ;)
Makes a change for us to get on paper easy draws, seriously look at Chelsea over the past 10 or so years, it's almost always a home draw against a non PL club

The perfect draw! Can put out a similar strength team to that which played v Villa; would be nice to see GKN get a start though - perhaps a similar team but GKN in instead of one of the CBs

The perfect draw! Can put out a similar strength team to that which played v Villa; would be nice to see GKN get a start though - perhaps a similar team but GKN in instead of one of the CBs

I wouldn't go with 9 changes like we did v Villa. Although I myself thought we should, I think it was a couple too many. By all means rest players but think we still need 4 maybe 5 from the regular X1

With a midweek fixture list following I doubt there will be a Monday night match. So i assume there will be 5 TV matches
United v Wigan nailed on
Soton or Norwich v Arsenal (potential all-PL tie)
Derby v Leciester City
Chelsea v Brentford
and
Palace or Bolton v Emirates Marketing Project

Think we will be Sat 3pm

Us flying high in the PL and them flying high in League Two, I honestly reckon it will be the Friday night game

I wouldn't go with 9 changes like we did v Villa. Although I myself thought we should, I think it was a couple too many. By all means rest players but think we still need 4 maybe 5 from the regular X1

I agree with 4 or 5 players at least from best 11, we have been given a great draw so lets take advantage of it and make sure we progress. Nine changes disrupted our shape on Sunday and we struggled to impose our self against a poor side.

I agree with 4 or 5 players at least from best 11, we have been given a great draw so lets take advantage of it and make sure we progress. Nine changes disrupted our shape on Sunday and we struggled to impose our self against a poor side.
Same side but with Alli or Eriksen?

Same side but with Alli or Eriksen?

I would go 442 so would leave CCV out, i think we missed the creativity of Eriksen so would have him in. Of course it all depends on what injurys ( or not) we pick up before then.

I would give Janssen another start but have Kane on the bench just in case.

It's not just about tiredness, but also the potential for injuries. I'd leave as many of the first team out as possible.

I would go 442 so would leave CCV out, i think we missed the creativity of Eriksen so would have him in. Of course it all depends on what injurys ( or not) we pick up before then.

I would give Janssen another start but have Kane on the bench just in case.
I agree with this. Jansen was begging for a through ball in the first half yesterday but got none at all. Son and Sissoko do not have the vision to try that type of ball, but someone like Eriksen or Lamela do attempt these passes between the defenders all the time.

If Lamela is back in the frame I would go with N'Koudou, Eriksen and Lamela behind Janssen. These three would give him plenty of service.

I agree with this. Jansen was begging for a through ball in the first half yesterday but got none at all. Son and Sissoko do not have the vision to try that type of ball, but someone like Eriksen or Lamela do attempt these passes between the defenders all the time.

If Lamela is back in the frame I would go with N'Koudou, Eriksen and Lamela behind Janssen. These three would give him plenty of service.
I would try and keep eriksen fresh, but agree with the rest.
Good chance for lamella, gorgeous and Janssen to get some game time.

Back