• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

h3A5C927B

I heard an opinion I respect this morning suggesting that Mueller may not actually give much of a fudge about Trump.

He's apparently had a bee in his bonnet about Russian cyber warfare for some time now and what he really wants is to make that part of the public discourse. The suggestion was that if doing that means pinning down Trump, then great but Trump is not a required target.

I hope that's not the case, but it certainly fits the narrative of much of what we've heard from the FBI. Offering Manafort a walk might back that up - if he's not able to pin Trump with what he has from Cohen, then I'm not sure he's any more likely with what he can get from Manafort. But whatever it is, it must be big to drop such a big sentence.

I heard an opinion I respect this morning suggesting that Mueller may not actually give much of a fudge about Trump.

He's apparently had a bee in his bonnet about Russian cyber warfare for some time now and what he really wants is to make that part of the public discourse. The suggestion was that if doing that means pinning down Trump, then great but Trump is not a required target.

I hope that's not the case, but it certainly fits the narrative of much of what we've heard from the FBI. Offering Manafort a walk might back that up - if he's not able to pin Trump with what he has from Cohen, then I'm not sure he's any more likely with what he can get from Manafort. But whatever it is, it must be big to drop such a big sentence.

There's always the possibility that he's leaving Trump (or his associates) to New York prosecutors. They've been sat in on these meetings and have been pressing charges in some cases, although that could just be a ploy to get around Presidential pardons.

Getting Trump whilst he is in office looks very difficult for Mueller. There is no prospect of the Republicans losing the Senate any time soon, Trump would have to become a major liability before they broke ranks.

There's always the possibility that he's leaving Trump (or his associates) to New York prosecutors. They've been sat in on these meetings and have been pressing charges in some cases, although that could just be a ploy to get around Presidential pardons.

Getting Trump whilst he is in office looks very difficult for Mueller. There is no prospect of the Republicans losing the Senate any time soon, Trump would have to become a major liability before they broke ranks.
It might be that exposing the true extent of Russia's hacking might be step one.

Proving Trump is linked could be step two - there won't be much sympathy in the senate for a president who have been proven to deal with Communists behind closed doors. For many Republicans they're still the enemy, and rightly so.

It might be that exposing the true extent of Russia's hacking might be step one.

Proving Trump is linked could be step two - there won't be much sympathy in the senate for a president who have been proven to deal with Communists behind closed doors. For many Republicans they're still the enemy, and rightly so.

I've been thinking about this a little more. The extent of Russian hacking is well understood and public knowledge, even if many don't want to accept it. The people he is pursuing aren't linked to that other than they might have been in receipt of aware of information hacked by the Russians and provided to the Trump campaign to aid it.

I've been thinking about this a little more. The extent of Russian hacking is well understood and public knowledge, even if many don't want to accept it. The people he is pursuing aren't linked to that other than they might have been in receipt of aware of information hacked by the Russians and provided to the Trump campaign to aid it.
Manafort is very closely tied to Russia - far more so than Trump. He helped fix the Ukrainian elections for Russia and has business ties all over both countries.

Manafort is very closely tied to Russia - far more so than Trump. He helped fix the Ukrainian elections for Russia and has business ties all over both countries.

I know. It seems quite likely that he was a back channel between Moscow and the campaign.

He's also been laundering dodgy Russian money for years, as has Trump and Cohen is likely to know all about that.

I think a somewhat likely conspiracy theory is that this was leaked by someone at the White House to help set up a plausible firing of Rosenstein. Though I don't think that's likely to happen until after the mid terms.

Rosenstein needs to not bloody resign. Stay tall until the orange fraud fires you and fight back if he does.

Trump will have to move quickly if he wants to change horses for the supreme court at this time. Any delay is bad news for him. Keep the delays coming I say.

Back