• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want to qualify for the Europa League.

Do you want to qualify for the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. Look at Liverpool this season. Its a distraction - there's too many games and we've seen over recent years how many points can separate a team in 4th in the PL and the team in 5th. If there was a CL place up for grabs from winning the EL and if there was 1 round fewer then I would say yes. As the competitions stands, its a joke

No. Look at Liverpool this season. Its a distraction - there's too many games and we've seen over recent years how many points can separate a team in 4th in the PL and the team in 5th. If there was a CL place up for grabs from winning the EL and if there was 1 round fewer then I would say yes. As the competitions stands, its a joke

There is from next season onwards.

yes and win it - on the condition we have the right coach with the right experience and know how (not sherwood not moyes).

Too right if we get a manager that takes it serious. Until the stadium is finished 2016/2017 and revenue increases, I don't think we can compete in CL. Focus on PL and FA Cup and give it a good go in the E/L. We should be in Europe whatever the name of the competition.

Yes, it may not be prestigious as the Champions League but it's still a European Trophy. Also, if we win it then it's another way of getting into the Champions League. In the group stage it gives us a chance to play some youngsters whilst still (hopefully) going through. Plus, we get to watch Spurs more often. Why would anyone not want to be in it?

Yes. Don't play (or even take abroad) the first team until the knockout stages, and only play them in home group games if totally necessary.

Get in.

Here's a question. Let's say a club wins the EL final while either winning its league or finishing in a CL qualification place. They would have qualified for CL on two fronts. Does that make the losing EL finalist an automatic CL qualifier? Does that kick an extra CL placing over the to nation of the club that won EL.

You can just see Spurs making it into the final against another club in these circumstances and UEFA dragging out some Byzantine regulation to screw over a losing finalist.

It is the most boring competition until the CL drop outs join. 10 games against nonentities on the edges of Europe followed by the privilege of playing 2 days later. It just gives our Premiership rivals an edge on us. The atmosphere at the Lane is very subdued (hard to notice as its been s*** for at least 2 years) and not at all like the previous European nights.

I'd just play the kids and squaddies early on, if we get through, we get through, if we don't, we don't. The new manager won't see it that way though, I wouldn't blame him as afterall it's he who will get stick if we go out.

I'd agree with Rossi. Our UEFA co-efficient is quite decent - top 20. And we'll benefit next year by clubs above us dropping well down as some large points accrued in past years are dropped from the equation. Spurs will only drop just over 3 points acquired the year we missed European play (and went on to qualify for CL). So if we were to make group stage play and just use it as a lab for our second stringers, we would still benefit.

It is the most boring competition until the CL drop outs join. 10 games against nonentities on the edges of Europe followed by the privilege of playing 2 days later. It just gives our Premiership rivals an edge on us. The atmosphere at the Lane is very subdued (hard to notice as its been s*** for at least 2 years) and not at all like the previous European nights.

We play EL games on a Thursday, PL games on a Sunday. Three-day gap.

CL clubs play on Wednesdays, then PL games on Saturday. Three-day gap.

When CL clubs play on Tuesdays, they usually play PL games on Saturday. Three-day gap.

When CL clubs play on Tuesdays, they usually play PL games on Saturday. Three-day gap.

Not strictly true, its all dependant on when teams appear on TV is it not. Whether Sat or Sunday.

I think SSN did a study on this and they said it favours Champions League teams much more, not least a huge factor being playing on Sunday is always a pressure as your always chasing the results from the Saturday which brings extra pressures.

Here's a question. Let's say a club wins the EL final while either winning its league or finishing in a CL qualification place. They would have qualified for CL on two fronts. Does that make the losing EL finalist an automatic CL qualifier? Does that kick an extra CL placing over the to nation of the club that won EL.

The answer to both will be no. You can compare it to the current CL qualification. If the CL winner also finishes their league in a CL qualifying place the losing CL finalist doesn't get automatic entry to the CL and the country of the CL winner doesn't get an extra CL place. The place reserved for the CL titleholder is filled by automatically moving forward from the previous qualifying round the team from the highest ranking country.

When we play away the team usually does not get back to the UK until early the following morning and the players then have to get home, which just leaves Saturday for training. We lose Friday and it's a cold day in Hell if any of the CL teams play on a Saturday.

Even though I don't particularly enjoy watching us play Tromsø, Sheriff and the likes - we need to be in a European tournament. Play the kids against the **** teams.

Back