• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

A lot of people seem to forget quite how injury ruined his season was last year. I've seen more than one pundit refer to his "poor" 2018/2019 season yet neglect to mention that he was in and out with various ailments.

I do think that he needs to re-invent himself. The direction football is going will require him changing from that support striker role we all know into something different, which for his skillset is probably a #8. So far as the NT goes, Hendersen and Ox will be two of the three starters as Southgate rates the later highly and the former is the vice captain. Mount has looked absolutely fine at international level, Maddison for various reason's hasn't had his chance but seems a must have.

A lot of people seem to forget quite how injury ruined his season was last year. I've seen more than one pundit refer to his "poor" 2018/2019 season yet neglect to mention that he was in and out with various ailments.

That and playing for us and England in way to support others rather than shine himself.

Though I dont agree on the reinvention. I think he has it in him, and Ive no argument against players developing, but I dont think its essential.

Quote from article in football london

Mourinho admitted that he had wound up Alli this week in a good natured way when he spoke to him on the training pitches.
"I have already spoken with him and I asked him if he was Dele or Dele’s brother," he revealed. "He told me he was Dele. ‘Okay,’ I said. ‘Play like Dele’.
"I think he is potentially a fantastic player. Now I have to create a tactical situation he is happy with, give him the right dynamics and prepare him physically well because he has had important injuries and he is not on the top of his form.
"I cannot expect him to play on Saturday – if he plays – and go there and be man of the match, but he needs to go through a process that will bring the real Dele back because the real Dele is the one who in the last few years has impressed us all."

He could say this to a few of our players. Just hope he gets him playing close to Kane, both will profit from that.

Time to move Alli onto pastures new I'm afraid.

tumblr_pprl0hosUs1wsl1m4_500.gif

Anyone notice how tinkled off he seemed as he was coming off? Shaking his head and muttering, all the way to the bench. Wonder if José is giving him some tough love to get the best out of him? Dele essentially said in his interview that he disagreed with Jose’s assessment that he hadn’t been playing well recently; maybe it’s riled him and made him want to prove the manager wrong (in a good way)?

Anyone notice how tinkled off he seemed as he was coming off? Shaking his head and muttering, all the way to the bench. Wonder if José is giving him some tough love to get the best out of him? Dele essentially said in his interview that he disagreed with Jose’s assessment that he hadn’t been playing well recently; maybe it’s riled him and made him want to prove the manager wrong (in a good way)?
Difficult to know what Mourinho was thinking. Mind games, fresh legs, give Eriksen a chance to show that he cares, rest to prevent injuries.

Either way no problems with Alli being unhappy coming off. Shook the manager's hand, celebrated at the end. Now go learn something that makes it harder to sub you.

Hard not to notice it.
I did wonder if he was tinkled off at being subbed, or tinkled off at being subbed for Eriksen (if the latter then I can’t really blame him).
I like that he cares so much, and I think Mourinho will like that as well - but equally he has to listen to his manager. I think Mourinho could be good for Dele, as long as Dele is receptive.

Mourinho did say before today’s game that Dele needs to be treated with care (my words not his) due to his previous injuries, so maybe Mourinho had that in mind as well.

They said on Commentary, Lampard was 23 when Jose took over at Chelsea and he developed into a world class midfielder.

Dele is 23, I can see Jose building a team around him and making him into a brilliant attacking midfielder.

We are lucky as I believe we could potentially have a world class spine in our team. Harry up top, Dele as an AM, a holding Midfielder in Ndombele, maybe Sanchez as center back and a keeper.....

Back