• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Seems to me almost as if he's decided that he's made it, so no longer needs to put a shift in. He needs to get back at it and remember that to stay a star, he has to do all those things that made him a star in the first place. Work hard and show his skills again.

Seems to me almost as if he's decided that he's made it, so no longer needs to put a shift in. He needs to get back at it and remember that to stay a star, he has to do all those things that made him a star in the first place. Work hard and show his skills again.

I think he is doing those things, or at least trying to. He's much more marked and targetted now.
Last season he was often in-and-out of games. Just when you thought he should be subbed off, he'd do something that changed the game.
On Saturday he definitely put a shift in.

Alli is at an age where all top players have to make that step up again
He is 20 now with a lot of experience behind him which creates expectation, plus of course he also has results (his record last season stands up with the very best).
Now he needs to adapt his game again and change to improve.
Kane did it, bale did it, modric did it to a point and they all became better players because of it.

Jesus, 21 years of age and some are complaing about his attitude ( etc). It was bound to happen and he will not be the last 21 yo who goes through this.

I don't think he's been as bad as people have made out. He's still making some good runs, tracking back plenty and making space for others. The twitter bunch have it in for him, but they will find a new scape goat soon enough.

Going with the team to Madrid. No doubt hoping he'll bump in Perez in the corridors and get a business card for his agent.

Maybe.. Or maybe Poch wants him to experience the thrilling atmosphere of the Bernabeu and use it as a way to clearly demonstrate to young Dele where we're heading as a club.

Maybe he wants to use the entire experience as motivation to help eradicate the petulance from his game; 'if you stop being a naughty boy, you'll always be involved in games like this'

Who's to say? It's as plausible as your theory.

Maybe.. Or maybe Poch wants him to experience the thrilling atmosphere of the Bernabeu and use it as a way to clearly demonstrate to young Dele where we're heading as a club.

Maybe he wants to use the entire experience as motivation to help eradicate the petulance from his game; 'if you stop being a naughty boy, you'll always be involved in games like this'

Who's to say? It's as plausible as your theory.

LOL the Bernabeu atmosphere is rarely anything special - middle class Madristas waving white handkerchiefs, whilst moaning when they aren't four nil up at half time. Despite being constantly provided with silverware, funded by the government/royal family.

Spurs fans will be stuck up in a corner in the gods, unable to distinguish between Trippier and Dembele.

LOL the Bernabeu atmosphere is rarely anything special - middle class Madristas waving white handkerchiefs, whilst moaning when they aren't four nil up at half time. Despite being constantly provided with silverware, funded by the government/royal family.

Spurs fans will be stuck up in a corner in the gods, unable to distinguish between Trippier and Dembele.
Regardless I'm sure Alli would much rather have been on the pitch than in the stands come tonight. Surely playing away to Real Madrid is an experience.

Letting him see close up what he's missing out on seems like a decent enough explanation to me.

And he's missing out on another chance to nutmeg Modric...

He certainly does put a shift in. He hasn't been in that bad form really.A lot of the stuff he is trying is not coming off but some of it is. A few goals and everything will look at lot better for him.

He's a risk taker. He is young and wants to develop his game. We have always had flair players at Spurs, we need to be patient while he develops rather than try and turn him into a robot. No one needs reminding that Hoddle was labelled a luxury player outside of Spurs or Bales' early spurs career was a struggle. Dele will be fine. If Poch didn't approve would take him out of the team.

My concern is not his workmate or current dip in form, but his attitude - especially towards Harry. I have noticed recently that he doesn't seem at all pleased when Harry scores (not even going over to congratulate him, unlike with Eriksen, who he jumped all over on Saturday after he scored). Dele has also had very public shows of displeasure when Harry shoots rather than passes to him in recent games.

Even when Dele has scored himself this season - his own celebration is extremely muted to say the least. Strange, no?

Alli has not been in good form this season. I think he is not fully concentrating on his football now. His mind seems to be somewhere else. With reports about him seeking a high salary, it seems like he is getting big headed. Pochettino should make him realize that he is still young and should concentrate on his football first.

tenor.gif

Sissoko has played better than Dele this season so most definitely shouldnt be beyond criticism. And Im not just talking about in comparison to both's abilities either. There, I said it....

Back