• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Greedy manipulative parasites :mad:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/football/39532082
The amount paid by English clubs to agents has risen by 38% in a year - up from £160m to £220m.

The Premier League paid £174m to agents, up from £130m, with Emirates Marketing Project being the biggest spenders (£26.3m) ahead of Chelsea (£25.1m) and Manchester United (£19m).

England's second tier, the Championship, spent £42.4m on agents, an increase of 62%.

The Football Association figures cover from February 2016 to January 2017.

C81OWQcVwAAKkL-.jpg

Last edited:
Is he still with us ?

Might those press 'reports' have been 'mistaken' after all?

Please, no Ingerlund injury.

Dele Alli could face Fifa disciplinary action for offensive gesture at Wembley
• Tottenham player pictured making one-finger salute in direction of referee
• Alli says it was directed at his team-mate Kyle Walker, not the referee

Dele Alli could be in trouble for this reaction during England’s win at Wembley although the Tottenham player said it was directed at his England team-mate Kyle Walker. Photograph: Michael Zemanek/BPI/Rex/Shutterstock
Shares

Dominic Fifield at Wembley

@domfifield
Monday 4 September 2017 23.44 BSTLast modified on Tuesday 5 September 2017 00.35 BST

Dele Alli has risked disciplinary action from Fifa after cameras caught him making a one-finger salute, sparking suggestions it had been directed at the referee, Clément Turpin, late in England’s 2-1 World Cup qualifying victory over Slovakia.

The Tottenham midfielder was visibly frustrated after the official waved away his appeals for a free-kick following a foul by Martin Skrtel on the edge of the Slovakia box 13 minutes from time. Turpin had his back turned at the time and subsequently penalised Jordan Henderson for a foul on the other side of the pitch, failing to notice Alli’s gesture, though world football’s governing body may still choose to scrutinise the incident.

Gareth Southgate, unaware of Alli’s reaction during the game, spoke to the player after the final whistle with the midfielder suggesting he had actually been aiming the gesture at his former Tottenham team-mate Kyle Walker.

“I’ve not seen it but I’ve been made aware of it,” the England manager said. “Kyle and Dele were mucking about, and Dele’s made a gesture towards Kyle. I don’t know what the angle picked up by the camera is, so I don’t know if that is clear. The pair of them have a strange way of communicating but that’s what they’ve said when it’s been raised.”

Alli later posted on Twitter insisting that had indeed been the reason for the salute. “Just to clarify, the gesture tonight was a joke between me and my good friend Kyle Walker! Apologies for any offence caused! Great win 2nite,” he wrote.

Fifa would determine any sanction applicable and have applied bans in the past for abuse of officials by players. The highest profile was arguably Lionel Messi, who was initially banned for four matches and fined 10,000 Swiss francs (£8,100) for supposedly “having directed insulting words” at an assistant referee during Argentina’s World Cup qualifying game against Chile in March, an offence which had not accrued a card at the time. However, having sat out the first match against Bolivia, he had the suspension overturned on appeal due to a lack of evidence.

England have two qualifying fixtures remaining – against Slovenia and Lithuania – and need only two points to qualify for the tournament in Russia following Monday’s success, a win inspired by the excellent Marcus Rashford. The 19-year-old forward recovered from an early mistake, upon which Slovakia capitalised to open the scoring, to provide an assist for Eric Dier’s equaliser and then belt home a fine winner to register his first goal at Wembley for his country on his 11th cap.

“Having worked with him, he’s such a mature character,” Southgate said. “The start [he made] surprised me. But the switch of wings was important as well. It allowed him a slightly different defensive role, and he adapted very well to that. His maturity is excellent. You look at him and he’s never in awe of the occasion. He doesn’t have any fear of anything.. I don’t think the team did, either, and responded well. He’s still a work in progress as we saw at the beginning of the game but he’s getting stronger. His impact, in taking people on and getting us up the pitch in the counter-attack, was huge. He had a huge impact on the game.”

He really is stupid sometimes, I know he is young but he isn't too young to know you shouldn't be sticking your middle finger up at anyone on a football pitch when you're playing an international for gods sake....

The post-match tv cameras and analysis seemed to confirm that Dele's finger gesture was aimed at Walker 30/40yards upfield. Walker is seen simultaneously reacting to him with dismissive hand gestures and a shrug. Whilst this is going on the ref runs across their line of vision hence how it looked like Dele's middle finger might have been aimed at him.

The ref is then seen addressing Dele as he walks past, and he in turn seems to respond with some sort of explanation.

So if Dele is to be punished it should be for making an offensive gesture per se rather than for making one aimed at a match official.

Lock him up and throw away the key. No excuse for such vile, disgusting behaviour in the gentleman's sport that is football.

Nice to see our press and meejah being so supportive.

Next they'll be reviewing previous atches to try and disprove Dele's explanation.

B'stards.

Nice to see our press and meejah being so supportive.

Next they'll be reviewing previous atches to try and disprove Dele's explanation.

B'stards.

Nothing new there, the press have made a living out of building up players to be mega stars and then start to knock them down again.

Back