• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Well let's say they offer 200mil or whatever. Would that be enough?

As with all these, it's depends what the player wants.
He will be a top earner where ever he goes, including Spurs.
His wages will match Harry very soon.
He will become one the worlds top players if carries on the same path as now.
Pochettino is I think the reason Dele is with us still, long may it continue. The pass for the Eriksen goal Saturday was sublime.

I really do think that Dier, Alli, Kane and most of the rest of our 1st XI are going to stick with us for this season. They may be pampered footballers, but they're also young men who've bonded with each other and, unlike some, seem to have reached this point in their careers through sensible decisions rather than following the money.

If we don't win anything this season, or at least challenge for the Prem and get a long way in the CL, I think we'll be in trouble.

IMO Alli will be the 1st one to go, I've always felt we would have him for the next 2 seasons then he will be off

It's a win win for us, we get to watch him for a few years and then we get an absolute fortune when he goes

IMO Alli will be the 1st one to go, I've always felt we would have him for the next 2 seasons then he will be off

It's a win win for us, we get to watch him for a few years and then we get an absolute fortune when he goes

Where does he go though?
Barca or Madrid are still a step up and Bayern too

After that now their is no side on these shores that is although some will pay more as we know

Where does he go though?
Barca or Madrid are still a step up and Bayern too

After that now their is no side on these shores that is although some will pay more as we know

I don't understand why any player, let alone young English players would want to sign for a Premier League club if they have serious ambitions about winning the CL given how English clubs have been shown up in that competition of late. If I was Alli, I would be aiming for Barca/Madrid. He's no shrinking violet and has the game to back it up so I would be surprised if he set his sights any lower.

I don't understand why any player, let alone young English players would want to sign for a Premier League club if they have serious ambitions about winning the CL given how English clubs have been shown up in that competition of late. If I was Alli, I would be aiming for Barca/Madrid. He's no shrinking violet and has the game to back it up so I would be surprised if he set his sights any lower.

But players don't always settle abroad so it's a risk

No one is guaranteed to be successful

City spent mega money last season and won nothing! It happens
Of course noone is guaranteed to win things, but we have won NOTHING for years. You cant talk like youre one of the big boys when Man U even in their transitional period have won trophies, City have won FA Cups and League titles, Chelsea same, Arsenal plenty of FA Cups and us nothing since a League Cup in 2008. It is embarrassing to suggest it doesnt get bigger/better than us domestically when all we have proven is that we can develop young players....

Of course noone is guaranteed to win things, but we have won NOTHING for years. You cant talk like youre one of the big boys when Man U even in their transitional period have won trophies, City have won FA Cups and League titles, Chelsea same, Arsenal plenty of FA Cups and us nothing since a League Cup in 2008. It is embarrassing to suggest it doesnt get bigger/better than us domestically when all we have proven is that we can develop young players....

City attracted better players than they had previously once the money came in yet they hadnt won a thing for many many years

Arse have been successful in the FA Cup but that isn't keeping they best players happy is it... unless Sanchez wants to stay

City attracted better players than they had previously once the money came in yet they hadnt won a thing for many many years

Arse have been successful in the FA Cup but that isn't keeping they best players happy is it... unless Sanchez wants to stay

All valid points mate but the point Marky made was to suggest it doesn't get bigger than us in this country, which I don't agree with and doubt many outside our fanbase would either.

Doesnt matter how the success was achieved. I was challenging the quote 'there is nowhere big enough in the PL for him after us'. Are you kidding me, I will say again we have won nothing. Some people seem to be getting way above their stations, we have improved and have been over achieving for a couple of seasons but come on....

All valid points mate but the point Marky made was to suggest it doesn't get bigger than us in this country, which I don't agree with and doubt many outside our fanbase would either.

Let's see what happens then

Unless he gets to the point where we don't want him he don't be sold to a rival. All the top sides here are seen as our rivals and us them (Mou and clame couldn't wait to talk about us in their press conferences )

Good Post.

We have done well ( very well)over the last few years but as you say we have won NOTHING, i think some of our fans get carried away with what we have done but UNTIL be start winning things then its foolish to say ( imo) we can put ourselves above other teams that HAVE won things. If you were to ask football fans ( who are not Spurs supporters) i think most of them will say the same thing. Promise is one thing but actually winning trophys is what it is all about and as you say our cabinet is bare. I HOPE we do win something this year or i fear we will lose more players ( then Walker) next summer.

Good Post.

We have done well ( very well)over the last few years but as you say we have won NOTHING, i think some of our fans get carried away with what we have done but UNTIL be start winning things then its foolish to say ( imo) we can put ourselves above other teams that HAVE won things. If you were to ask football fans ( who are not Spurs supporters) i think most of them will say the same thing. Promise is one thing but actually winning trophys is what it is all about and as you say our cabinet is bare. I HOPE we do win something this year or i fear we will lose more players ( then Walker) next summer.
Absolutely agree mate.

Thing is yes Emirates Marketing Project, man Utd, Chelsea will win trophies in the next 5 years but let's say Dele signs for pep next year and they don't win anything. Then they have a poor start to the next season and he's sacked. There's no gaurntees the next manager isn't going to want Dele.
So yes those clubs may win trophies but that doesn't mean it will be in a certain season when Dele (or any other player) is there.

Back