• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.
id toss myself in to oblivion if we signed David Villa

just to add to the torment of the fact it won't happen :

Chelsea - seem to be going for Falcao
City - don't really need a striker
United - as above
Arsenal - already have 2 'first choice' strikers in their first season at the club
Liverpool - lol

Last edited:
He is 31 now though so may be cheaper wages wise. Don't forget he was at Valencia for ages and I doubt they pay that much.

The legend himself we8campbell once claimed David Villa was waiting at an airport lounge to join us just before he signed for Barcelona. Maybe he knew....8-[

Oh no.
With a name like that, the English version would be 'The Insider' or 'The Transfer Spy' or similar.

That was my immediate reaction too. But then I noticed that, along the side of the page, most of the headlines were about current affairs or finance, not football. So, with the help of google translate, I looked it up on wiki, which had this to say:

The Confidential is a daily online Spanish general information, specializing in financial and economic news, but also attaches great importance to the political. It is aimed at a professional audience of middle age. Often considered as a moderate political orientation, in any case of center or center-right, although some of its employees are located in closest ideological left.

So it's definitely not a "Transfer Spy" type of source.

That's not to say that there's any truth in this story, though, however respectable and high brow El Confidencial might be. After all, our own broadsheets are all too often wildly wide of the mark when they publish transfer scoops.

Last edited:
If theres a chance we can I think it could be a risk very much worth it. Yes its a lot for a 31 yr old but if it ensures CL qualification, that will in itself repay the cost of the move. It's tough because perhaps it's an unnecessary risk if we can scout the right player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back