• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

Yes, number 14 shirt. Don the GGG shirt. I can't wait. Makes me sad though, that he has taken the number 14 shirt from my hero, my love, my role model. Which has made me sadder as I wore the number 14 shirt when I graced the football pitch with my long flowing locks. Man I was good.

Deal is usually "subject to a work permit being agreed". In such cases the permit is (almost) never turned down because lawyers from both clubs will have looked into the specifics and decided the permit is just a formality. They can get it wrong, of course, but rarely.

Who was that American saviour who never got the chance to blossom for Spurs? Was it Bobby Convey or something?

Who was that American saviour who never got the chance to blossom for Spurs? Was it Bobby Convey or something?

Yep. Work permit didn't come through due to him not having enough international apps for USA. Went to Reading the year after.

Yep. Work permit didn't come through due to him not having enough international apps for USA. Went to Reading the year after.

IIRC he had played 25 times for them, but they were spread out over a few years or something.

Not long after, Man Utd signed Tim Howard who had a total of ZERO international caps.

I remember everyone on here making a big fuss at the time at how unfair it all was. Truth is, Convey was poo, whereas Tim Howard has made an excellent career for himself in the Premier League, even if it didn't always appear as if that would be the case. During the early time at Manchester United, I seem to remember question marks being placed over his future, and yet, now he's arguably the most established goalkeeper in the Premier League, in fact, he probably is the most established, given his service to Everton.

Don't understand why he wasn't in the bench today given we had 4 midfielders on the bench instead. I appreciate he's just arrived but he should have given us more options today

Silly questions: does he tend to play on the left or the right? Would he replace /be a sub for Chadli or Dembele?

So, after all the hype surrounding Njie, he is still yet to play for us. Wonder if he will have any important part to play this season or will be just a bit part player.

Silly questions: does he tend to play on the left or the right? Would he replace /be a sub for Chadli or Dembele?

Mostly left. He's right footed and we know Poch only likes inverted wingers/wide players so he'll be after Chadli's place, he's played up top quite a bit too but I'm not sure we're planning on using him there much.

Don't understand why he wasn't in the bench today given we had 4 midfielders on the bench instead. I appreciate he's just arrived but he should have given us more options today

Presumably because the coaching staff did not think that he was ready

Tottenham Hotspur head coach Mauricio Pochettino has explained why Clinton N'Jie was not involved at the weekend.

Spurs drew 1-1 with Leicester City, and new signing N'Jie did not even make the substitute's bench.

Pochettino told Tottenham's official club website that N'Jie was unable to feature because he was had not been in the country.

He explained that the Cameroonian attacker had been sorting out work permit related issues, and was not considered ready.

The Argentine said: "He was in France for his work permit and maybe next week he will be available.

"First, he needs to train more with the group."

Yeah and I don't think we'll see him starting for a while. I have feeling he will be eased in over an extended period rather than thrown to the lions right away.

I expect him to be used as an impact sub to begin with but Poch does introduce new players slowly

Tottenham Hotspur head coach Mauricio Pochettino has explained why Clinton N'Jie was not involved at the weekend.

Spurs drew 1-1 with Leicester City, and new signing N'Jie did not even make the substitute's bench.

Pochettino told Tottenham's official club website that N'Jie was unable to feature because he was had not been in the country.

He explained that the Cameroonian attacker had been sorting out work permit related issues, and was not considered ready.

The Argentine said: "He was in France for his work permit and maybe next week he will be available.

"First, he needs to train more with the group."
First he needs to train to learn how to do all of those wonderful things that (for example) Lamela is doing. Just stick him on the bench Poch!... At least then we have one option who isn't just a like for like change.

First he needs to train to learn how to do all of those wonderful things that (for example) Lamela is doing. Just stick him on the bench Poch!... At least then we have one option who isn't just a like for like change.

Exactly. Before Poch manages to train out all the good aspects of his game.
Sometimes a bit of the old "get on there and run around a bit" isn't so stupid. After all I'm assuming we bought him because he is good at football, and although admittedly a few weeks have gone by since we signed him, hopefully he still is.

(Although maybe he is injured and out for a bit, Poch knows, and he is not letting on).

Back