• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

What they still can't see is you can pay top dollar but their players can't perform to the level they are being paid.

Last edited:
I think the big problem they have is that given the performances of some of their players over the past couple of years it isn't that they are earning below their market value, it is that they are earning way way way below their market value.

I think the big problem they (Man U) have is that given the performances of some of their players over the past couple of years it isn't that they are earning above their market value, it is that they are earning way way way above their market value.

They didn't exactly flock to Wigan or Swansea :)

I take your point but players want to win titles above all else and the best players will go to the teams that give them the best chance of doing that.

I do not disagree with your first point, but we are talking about some of the best players in the Prem, not those who think Wigan and Swansea are big teams. :)

I do not disagree with your first point, but we are talking about some of the best players in the Prem, not those who think Wigan and Swansea are big teams. :)
Point is Wigan and Swansea won only domestic cup trophies. Top players want to join teams that are expected to win titles, period. Domestic cup trophies will likely come a poor second to qualifying for the CL imo.

Of course, goes without saying, but it's all a bout priorities. Who would ever guess, the way Arse fans talk, that they had won the FA Cup two seasons running and have now reached the final for a third successive time?

Well Arse have prioritized the top four for years and what good has it done them, their best players still leave from lack of winning things. As i have said before IF we fail to win things then some of our players will probably leave for clubs who will offer them that chance.

Well Arse have prioritized the top four for years and what good has it done them, their best players still leave from lack of winning things. As i have said before IF we fail to win things then some of our players will probably leave for clubs who will offer them that chance.
They win cups almost every year, they are in the CL every year and they pay high wages. Why do the players leave then?

They win cups almost every year, they are in the CL every year and they pay high wages. Why do the players leave then?

I guess you would have to ask the likes of Van Persie etc, but i guess it would be to win more then the odd cup. As i have said we need to challenge for ALL trophys not turn our backs on the one's that SOME fans believe are beneath us.

Arsenal big players come from even bigger teams. When these players dont achieve a CL win or EPL title they just look to move.
They need to look to players as we have done, who do not play the money stepping stone system.
Sánchez came Barca and Özil from Real.......no wonder they want out, the show ponies
The FA cup is a minor event to these types and those clubs with big big squads tend to dominate.
This is one of the reason domestic cup competitions are in decline throughout Europe.
Im a nutter and watch far too much football, but most I would think watch their team pretty much exclusively and with the amount of football available both live and broadcast the domestic cup are only of interest if your team is in it.

I guess you would have to ask the likes of Van Persie etc, but i guess it would be to win more then the odd cup. As i have said we need to challenge for ALL trophys not turn our backs on the one's that SOME fans believe are beneath us.
It goes without saying that no fan is ever going to turn their noses up at winning silverware. But whilst for most clubs, Leicester notwithstanding, the domestic cups still represent their only realistic chance of winning any type of trophy, it's hard to escape the conclusion that top clubs see them pretty much as a sideshow nowadays or even just a sop to the fans.

Arsenal big players come from even bigger teams. When these players dont achieve a CL win or EPL title they just look to move.
They need to look to players as we have done, who do not play the money stepping stone system.
Sánchez came Barca and Özil from Real.......no wonder they want out, the show ponies
The FA cup is a minor event to these types and those clubs with big big squads tend to dominate.
This is one of the reason domestic cup competitions are in decline throughout Europe.
Im a nutter and watch far too much football, but most I would think watch their team pretty much exclusively and with the amount of football available both live and broadcast the domestic cup are only of interest if your team is in it.

There in lies the problem, when I started going to football, fans/supporters went to matches and formulated their own opinions on teams and players rather than like today where the vast army of armchair experts are told what to think by "pundits". This has created generations of fans who think only 3 or 4 teams matter and never watch their local club.

My grandsons have been slowly weaned of the typical Man U thang! and onto Brentford by their Dad!
The oldest though started getting into all thing :rolleyes: Spurs.........oh boy am I in trouble...........

Back