• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

But it was a perfect game for Eriksen to shine? If Eriksen is supposed to dominate these kind of games, why doesn't the same apply to other players, like Kane?

So Kane needs a perfect platform for him to be involved, but Eriksen is supposed to perform regardless of how the team is set up and performs. And that makes Kane world class, and Eriksen is not....
Makes sense....

Kane is a forward and, as such, it is going to be be difficult in a fixture like yesterday’s (where we are away from home and playing a largely containing game) for him to have a huge impact.

Eriksen was floating around all over the place in the centre of the pitch - his whole raison d’etre in games like that is to stamp his authority and grab hold of the tempo. He does it once or twice a season - it’s not enough for a player in that position imo.

Eriksen was floating around all over the place in the centre of the pitch - his whole raison d’etre in games like that is to stamp his authority and grab hold of the tempo. He does it once or twice a season - it’s not enough for a player in that position imo.

Sorry mate but that is pure rubbish.

Kane is a forward and, as such, it is going to be be difficult in a fixture like yesterday’s (where we are away from home and playing a largely containing game) for him to have a huge impact.

As @parklane1 says, that's utter rubbish!
So it's difficult for Kane, but it's easy for Eriksen? My word....

How can he stamp authority without the ball?

But it was a perfect game for Eriksen to shine? If Eriksen is supposed to dominate these kind of games, why doesn't the same apply to other players, like Kane?

So Kane needs a perfect platform for him to be involved, but Eriksen is supposed to perform regardless of how the team is set up and performs. And that makes Kane world class, and Eriksen is not....
Makes sense....

It was a tough game for Eriksen too and I haven’t been as critical as some have of him. I think some of it is over the top. But Eriksen has more opportunities to influence the game and on the 4-5 occasions he had a chance to feed Harry, he gave it away. Granted City made it very difficult for him.

It was a tough game for Eriksen too and I haven’t been as critical as some have of him. I think some of it is over the top. But Eriksen has more opportunities to influence the game and on the 4-5 occasions he had a chance to feed Harry, he gave it away. Granted City made it very difficult for him.

That's what city do, and they are as good without the ball as they are without it.
If they ever sort out their relatively poor defence the rest may as well not turn up.

Reactions: DTA
That's what city do, and they are as good without the ball as they are without it.
If they ever sort out their relatively poor defence the rest may as well not turn up.

Yeah I fully agree, that's why I wouldn't be hyper critical of him. Last week, he was GHod's gift - this week he's the mercenary prick who can't be arsed. The lad is an excellent player but not world class and yesterday was a taster of why. I still want Levy to get him signed up to a nice new contract though.

Got to the champions league final without him , the form also dipped when he came back into the side....

The form in the league dipped more without him. Come on, over the longer term we'd not be anywhere near where we are without Kane.
We need them both, but Kane is the one that would be snapped up by now if he was in Eriksen's contract position.

Let's hope we can keep both this season

Back