• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

He's trying to improve his "Chelsea image":

N’Golo Kanté not skilful enough to play defensive midfield, says Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri

Maurizio Sarri has suggested that N’Golo Kanté is not technically good enough to play in central midfield for Chelsea and has criticised the World Cup winner’s performance in last Saturday’s 3-1 defeat by Tottenham Hotspur.

Kanté excelled as a defensive central midfielder for Leicester City as they won the Premier League in 2016 and then in the same position for Chelsea — after joining for £32 million — as they won the league the following season. He was the PFA players’ player of the year in 2016-17 and also starred in that role for France as they lifted the World Cup in Russia last summer.

“I think, as you know, I want to play a central midfielder as a very technical player, a Jorginho or [Cesc] Fàbregas,” Sarri said. “I don’t want Kanté in this position.”

“Kanté, in the last match, wanted to solve the match after the first 15 minutes but in the wrong way,” Sarri said. “He lost his position. He attacked too much the other box. And I think this is not one of the best characteristics of Kante.”

Sarri admitted that Kanté may not yet fully understand what is demanded of him. “Maybe it’s only a question of time,” he said. “But Kanté has to stay near to Jorginho, especially when the ball is on the other side.”

Olivier Giroud, Chelsea’s scorer against Tottenham, was guarded in his opinions. “I think N’Golo can play every single position in midfield,” he said, but added: “We don’t need to question his position. He just needs to adapt to what the manager wants.”

Some lovely brown-nosing from Giroud.

I have to hold my hands up, I know very little about him. Saturday was my first interest in Chelsea all season, and I dont know much of Sarri other than he has a good reputation.

After Saturday I think he has issues. Bad decisions were made, and now it seems he is doubling down on them.

I have to hold my hands up, I know very little about him. Saturday was my first interest in Chelsea all season, and I dont know much of Sarri other than he has a good reputation.

After Saturday I think he has issues. Bad decisions were made, and now it seems he is doubling down on them.

Exactly the same with me. I only ever watch them to see if they might lose.

The press do love their narratives. Klopp's exciting Liverpool challenging City for the title, unbeaten Chelsea in the title race, a resurgent post-Wenger Arsenal, and a struggling, transfer-shackled, one striker who' not scoring Spurs.
Yeah there is no such thing as football, only narratives.

The press do love their narratives. Klopp's exciting Liverpool challenging City for the title, unbeaten Chelsea in the title race, a resurgent post-Wenger Arsenal, and a struggling, transfer-shackled, one striker who' not scoring Spurs.
Don’t forget the Spurs players who want to leave to double their wages / manager who is a failure as he can’t win trophies / manager will leave to have more resources to help him win trophies / team that can’t win well playing badly / chairman who is only in it for personal gain narratives.

It beats me why anyone takes ( or even reads) what the press have to say. They are doing a job and have to fill the pages with as much brick as they can.

The Fifa council will ratify new rules in the New Year that have prompted fears that clubs that loan out a large number of players, such as Chelsea, will be forced into a rethink. But Premier League clubs are hopeful that domestic loans and those involving club or association trained players under the age of 21 or 23 will not be affected by the rule change.

Non-domestic loans or those involving players over the age of 21 or 23 are likely to be capped at six, seven or eight, but that would not cause Chelsea huge problems.

With clubs likely to be given more than a year to fall in line with the rule change, until the 2020-21 season, Chelsea believe they could make adjustments to make sure they fulfil the new criteria without having to offload a large number of players.

Chelsea currently have 39 players out on loan, but a large number of them are club or associated-trained players aged under 23 or 21 and 20 of them are currently playing in England. The matter will be discussed in February, with Fifa aiming to have the new rules in place in March, ahead of their implementation for the start of the 2020-21 campaign.

A Fifa spokesman: “At its last meeting in Kigali, the Fifa Council endorsed the reform package of the transfer system recently agreed by the Fifa Football Stakeholders Committee.

“This document lays out the fundamental principles of what will eventually become a set of concrete regulations to be drafted by the Task Force Transfer System in consultation with representatives from clubs (ECA), leagues (the World Leagues Forum), players (FIFPro) as well as member associations, confederations and the Fifa administration.

“The said package includes, among others, the development of the regulation of loans of players for the purpose of youth development as opposed to commercial exploitation. The number of loans per season and between each club shall be limited and bridge transfers and sub-loans shall be prohibited.

“The task force will provide an update of its work at the next Football Stakeholders Committee meeting in February 2019.”

Great player who i would have loved to see in a Spurs shirt.
Apparently we were the club he came closest to joining ...under El Tel and he was torn because we were his ‘boyhood club’. He also turned Chelsea down under Ghod. Interestingly they then both became England managers and barely picked him!

Apparently we were the club he came closest to joining ...under El Tel and he was torn because we were his ‘boyhood club’. He also turned Chelsea down under Ghod. Interestingly they then both became England managers and barely picked him!
But instead he bottled out of ever having a challenge in his career and spent it being a tubby fish in a tiny cesspool.

Back