• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

I actually hate that lot more than Arsenal. Its so nice to see them get an absolute battering - clame will be gone at the end of the season. I would laugh my arse off if Ambramovich fudges off and takes his money back!

I actually hate that lot more than Arsenal. Its so nice to see them get an absolute battering - clame will be gone at the end of the season. I would laugh my arse off if Ambramovich fudges off and takes his money back!

Sadly I'm not sure how much it matters if Abramovich fudges off. Chelsea are now a brand in Europe and around the world. If Roman jumps ship some other rich guy will take his place.

I think what you see with Chelsea is that they’ve been trying to run a tight ship for a few years now, but this is the first season where they’ve had a noticeably smaller squad and it’s really showing...actually the Mourinho season obviously wasn’t great but maybe more down to him? Last season with no Europe resllt helped them but Roman has clearly decided he isn’t going to get into an endless arms race with City. And that’s quite funny because if they finish 4th or 5th this season they are right back where they started when he bought them! Admittedly with some trophies in the meantime but when you have the cheat codes, it’s not the most difficult thing.

Far more difficult is trying to build a club for the long term. Sustainable, bringing through youth. Team spirit. I think this is a season that is really showing up where Chelsea are at right now. They are operating financially kind of like us (with some residual high wages left over from the cheat code days aside) and therefore have a small squad, reduced to picking up ‘opportunities’ like Barkley just like we did with Moura. So they are kind of like us, except they don’t have our spirit, they don’t really have our depth, and they don’t have our 3 years of working under Poch with the entire club bought in to one strategy from top to bottom.

They will sort it, no doubt. Because they have a good academy. They do have some good young talent. And they will be able to compete near the top of the league because of the wages they can pay. But they’ve lost their Lamps and JT spine. They’ve lost Drogba. They’ve lost Costa. Hazard must be getting bored. The replacements haven’t fully settled yet. Fabregas is soon to be on his last legs. I think we can really take advantage of all of this for this season at least. They aren’t going to finish any lower than 6th because they have too much quality, but I will be frankly gutted if we finish below them.

It always looked like this season they were higher than they really deserved to be, and hopefully it is coming to pass now. And maybe Conte knew it was going to happen, hence prepping the public for his own story that there was nothing he can do. We have more quality all over the park, we have better spirit, we are a club pushing in one direction, and these are all things that should mean something. They will come back, but it took us a year of resetting expectations and getting the right strategy in place. Maybe this is that year for them.

And I don’t think an early sacking and Hiddink or Carlo back in is going to be the magic cure this year. When they were doing that they were always at least the 3rd best team going by the squad and just needed someone to get them playing to their level again. This season there’s no reason why they should be above the 5 other top sides. We’re all too good and too set in our ways - inspiration from a past caretaker isn’t going to change that.

Wouldn’t rule out Roman making a decisive change to salvage top four and either an FA Cup or less likely champions league trophy. He’s shown in the past he isn’t one to wait until the end of the season. Conte’s clearly lost his passion for the job. That’s the problem when you work for the Russian mob, they don’t exactly care about employees gripes. Their way, or the highway.

Starting to look like a threat, isnt it? In a straight fight with us and Liverpool now, and I still wouldnt bet against Arsenal getting involved.

Could be twitchy bum time at Chelsea...

They have a 50m defender that Conte bought that is now no tin favour, Kante has fallen like a stone and they have decent investment but they spent bad.

Conte like Pep needs to stop moaning and get on with it

Italy have just promoted their U21 manager (Di Baiggio) as an interim for their two March matches, so Conte doesn't have to be in post till 28 May now

They have a 50m defender that Conte bought that is now no tin favour, Kante has fallen like a stone and they have decent investment but they spent bad.

Conte like Pep needs to stop moaning and get on with it
Chelsea must have the biggest squad in the PL by far. They have just chosen to loan them all out.

They will sort it, no doubt. Because they have a good academy. They do have some good young talent. And they will be able to compete near the top of the league because of the wages they can pay. But they’ve lost their Lamps and JT spine. They’ve lost Drogba. They’ve lost Costa. Hazard must be getting bored. The replacements haven’t fully settled yet. Fabregas is soon to be on his last legs. I think we can really take advantage of all of this for this season at least. They aren’t going to finish any lower than 6th because they have too much quality, but I will be frankly gutted if we finish below them.

I disagree, if it was thing I've learnt from 30 years of watching Spurs and other clubs is there is two routes to success

- buy it (getting harder to do it every year)
- fix the culture of the club, and build a complete systematic approach to success that allows for change (which is what Levy is trying to do)

That is why Everton spending 100M got them nowhere, that is why Saudi Sportswashing Machine will never succeed at anything under Ashley and as long as Chelsea is RA's play toy, they can't/won't be able to fix it. No manager he ever brings in is going to get two seasons for their academy products to make an impact. Add in, as you have already said, they have lost the leaders from the squad? I saw an interesting quote that said the Scum have never won the PL title without at least one of the original defense/midfield that Wenger inherited ... crazy if true.

I disagree, if it was thing I've learnt from 30 years of watching Spurs and other clubs is there is two routes to success

- buy it (getting harder to do it every year)
- fix the culture of the club, and build a complete systematic approach to success that allows for change (which is what Levy is trying to do)

That is why Everton spending 100M got them nowhere, that is why Saudi Sportswashing Machine will never succeed at anything under Ashley and as long as Chelsea is RA's play toy, they can't/won't be able to fix it. No manager he ever brings in is going to get two seasons for their academy products to make an impact. Add in, as you have already said, they have lost the leaders from the squad? I saw an interesting quote that said the Scum have never won the PL title without at least one of the original defense/midfield that Wenger inherited ... crazy if true.

By 'sort it', I mean that they will get a strategy in place that probably resembles ours. I think Roman has gotten bored, and wants to get a new stadium built so he can sell the club and maybe even make a small profit from it (anyone have the latest figures of how much he's pumped in?). I think Levy is doing exactly the same with us - we'll have a sugar daddy at some point soon (I just hope we don't lose the team spirit we have created on the back of this era).

Thinking this through, there was chatter over the weekend of some friends of Roman saying that Poch would be the perfect manager for them. Obviously he's never going to go there, and the links were stupid. But I think it wasn't a serious suggestion from Roman's mate, more an acknowledgement that if their strategy is going to be youth, re-sale value, opportunities, etc, then someone like Poch would be perfect for them. I think they are looking at us as a model, and Conte is not the right guy to do this, because he's too intense, he needs big names, and he won't necessarily build for the long-term. But I think they will sort it, and get on to some sort of path where they are all at least pulling in the same direction again. Maybe they won't loan out quite so many players next season. Maybe that means they won't be competing with City for another couple of years really, but if Roman is pulling away from bankrolling the club, it's a process they need to go through. Right now, they are well and truly in transition, because they have loads of youth players loaned out, and they've let players that could easily have played a part for them this year (not to mention probably contributed to some sort of team spirit like we have) like Chalobah and Loftus Cheek go while signing players like Drinkwater because Conte needs names. He needs experience for his management style to work, and he needs to go this summer for them to be able to move forward.

Hopefully we reap the benefits of it this season, because we really shouldn't be finishing behind them. They have Hazard as a genuine difference maker but not much else. Decent but not great quality all over the park. Thinking about it, if they really wanted someone to build them for the long-term, they could do a lot worse than Eddie Howe to set them on that path.

BTW, I completely agree with you on Everton. It's the lesson we learned with the Bale Money. Our strategy can't be around spending money because the richer clubs can always spend more. We have go to a different way otherwise you get an uncoordinated mess, which is exactly what Everton's season has been like.

Back