• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

V9I2U9Q.jpg

You can't blame their fans for having high expectations for their team, we spent enough years drifting mid table and occasionally flirting with relegation yet I never gave up the hope we would reach the heights we have reached. As long as I've been going to football they have been a well supported club who try to play good football. They have suffered from poor management at board level and the current stewards will not improve the situation, but they are a club who could do well if the right people came along and bought them.

The right people have bought them. They are made for each other..

David Moyes: New West Ham manager says winning is 'what I do'

New West Ham manager David Moyes says winning is "what he does", and added that the club's owners had showed "a lot of class" in bringing him back for a second spell in charge.

Moyes, who replaces the sacked Manuel Pellegrini, left the Hammers at the end of the 2017-18 season.

He recorded nine wins and 10 draws from 31 games in his first spell, leading the club to Premier League safety.

"They are getting a very experienced Premier League manager," said Moyes.

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

"I'm here to get West Ham wins and get them away from the bottom three."

Of managers who have taken charge of more than 500 Premier League games, only two - Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger - have a better win record than Moyes.

But he is fifth on the list of Premier League managers who have taken charge of more than 300 games, with Jose Mourinho and Rafael Benitez also having better records.

The Scot has signed an 18-month contract at London Stadium but insists he will give owners David Sullivan and David Gold "no choice" but to extend his deal.

He is still assembling his backroom staff but it will include Alan Irvine, his assistant during his first spell at the east London club.

"It showed quite a lot of class from the owners to ask me back," Moyes said. "David Sullivan and David Gold were excellent. It was very simple. I said 'I can't wait' when I got asked to come back.

"We didn't talk about the future or the past, we spoke about the position the team are in now and it went very well."

He added: "It says an awful lot about the owners that they think the job I did with my backroom staff [was good enough] to give me another chance. This time, I'm going to give them no chance but to extend me.

"There is a clause in my contract to extend the deal. I'm going to make it impossible that that clause can't be activated. It's up to the players to make sure of that now."

West Ham are 17th in the Premier League and Moyes will be in the dugout for their New Year's Day home game against Bournemouth.

Must be a typo, right? Im sure he meant
David Moyes: New West Ham manager says hallucinogen's are 'what I do'

David Moyes: New West Ham manager says winning is 'what I do'

New West Ham manager David Moyes says winning is "what he does", and added that the club's owners had showed "a lot of class" in bringing him back for a second spell in charge.

Moyes, who replaces the sacked Manuel Pellegrini, left the Hammers at the end of the 2017-18 season.

He recorded nine wins and 10 draws from 31 games in his first spell, leading the club to Premier League safety.

"They are getting a very experienced Premier League manager," said Moyes.

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

"I'm here to get West Ham wins and get them away from the bottom three."

Of managers who have taken charge of more than 500 Premier League games, only two - Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger - have a better win record than Moyes.

But he is fifth on the list of Premier League managers who have taken charge of more than 300 games, with Jose Mourinho and Rafael Benitez also having better records.

The Scot has signed an 18-month contract at London Stadium but insists he will give owners David Sullivan and David Gold "no choice" but to extend his deal.

He is still assembling his backroom staff but it will include Alan Irvine, his assistant during his first spell at the east London club.

"It showed quite a lot of class from the owners to ask me back," Moyes said. "David Sullivan and David Gold were excellent. It was very simple. I said 'I can't wait' when I got asked to come back.

"We didn't talk about the future or the past, we spoke about the position the team are in now and it went very well."

He added: "It says an awful lot about the owners that they think the job I did with my backroom staff [was good enough] to give me another chance. This time, I'm going to give them no chance but to extend me.

"There is a clause in my contract to extend the deal. I'm going to make it impossible that that clause can't be activated. It's up to the players to make sure of that now."

West Ham are 17th in the Premier League and Moyes will be in the dugout for their New Year's Day home game against Bournemouth.

Must be a typo, right? Im sure he meant
David Moyes: New West Ham manager says hallucinogen's are 'what I do'
I think he meant "averaging 50 points a season is what I do"

Bang average master of mid-table.

He became increasingly dithery in the transfer market at Everton and couldn't make his mind up over potential signings.

I am absolutely convinced that his* best transfer work at Everton was done when he didnt have money to spend.

As soon as they started splashing the cash his record was dismal.

*I dont actually know if he identified players, or if it was a dof situation or what...

I am absolutely convinced that his* best transfer work at Everton was done when he didnt have money to spend.

As soon as they started splashing the cash his record was dismal.

*I dont actually know if he identified players, or if it was a dof situation or what...

I remember reading a piece saying that he got into data but couldn't make decisions using it and always wanted more.

Attendance is down. If you want a truly depressing read, head over to Kumb and read a few pages of their stadium thread. Here are the last few days.
https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopi...=67e67a82bd2d9877de07575cfbab04bc&start=13520

Always a good laugh to read on there...

Not sure what provisions there are to stop this, I know Levy won some sort of injunction/court case stopping West Ham buying the stadium at a knock down price.

Anyway I think the longer West Ham end up without being relegated the more likely they’ll end up owning it.

As far as I’m aware the company that runs it makes a loss. Due to the temporary nature of the bottom tier for football I’d guess somewhere in the next 10-20 years they will become unsafe/need work doing to them.
With the stadium already making a loss the government will try and sell it.
At the same time West Ham might be able to entice some rich foreign owners. West Ham will then buy the stadium out of administration knock it down as it is unsafe and then build a football ground.

Always a good laugh to read on there...

Not sure what provisions there are to stop this, I know Levy won some sort of injunction/court case stopping West Ham buying the stadium at a knock down price.

Anyway I think the longer West Ham end up without being relegated the more likely they’ll end up owning it.

As far as I’m aware the company that runs it makes a loss. Due to the temporary nature of the bottom tier for football I’d guess somewhere in the next 10-20 years they will become unsafe/need work doing to them.
With the stadium already making a loss the government will try and sell it.
At the same time West Ham might be able to entice some rich foreign owners. West Ham will then buy the stadium out of administration knock it down as it is unsafe and then build a football ground.
They still have to retain the running track, as that is the prime use for the stadium, and the main condition for West ham getting the nod. Otherwise Levy and others will sue for extortionate amounts.

They still have to retain the running track, as that is the prime use for the stadium, and the main condition for West ham getting the nod. Otherwise Levy and others will sue for extortionate amounts.

The running track was a government promise to the national, as such it is meaningless, politicians have no sense of honour and are impossible to embarrass about anything, backtracking would not be a problem to anyone.

Back