• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-west-ham-worked-my-socks-off-not-good-enough

Unbelievable. All the good signings were mine. All these great players we could have signed, but the manager said no. All the brick signings are the managers, and then goes on to slag off current players!

"I just think we feel like a big club,” Sullivan says. “Not a tinpot club."
It is said that Sullivan takes an active role in identifying transfers but he claims he mostly signed Bilic’s targets. “I’m very involved with physically bringing in the players,” he says. “I’m not involved in the strategy. The manager says he wants Fonte from Southampton and Snodgrass from Hull. My kids begged me not to sign them.”

Sullivan goes on to take the credit for signing Manuel Lanzini, Ashley Fletcher and Havard Nordtveit but he adds that Bilic wanted Marko Arnautovic, Joe Hart, Javier Hernández and Pablo Zabaleta. “I regret it in a way, the first year I was more involved and the next two years I was less involved. We’ve let the manager pick who he wants.

“Maybe going forward we won’t. We have to take a look at the age of the players we’re signing. We will have to bring in two or three in January. They won’t be old journeymen, they will be young players. They won’t be 32.”

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-west-ham-worked-my-socks-off-not-good-enough

Unbelievable. All the good signings were mine. All these great players we could have signed, but the manager said no. All the brick signings are the managers, and then goes on to slag off current players!

I was just typing something similar.

How many knives can he throw into Bilic's back?
just have some dignity and keep quiet.

There are a good few other gems in the interview :

"...lend weight to the theory that Sullivan will hand control to his sons one day...“Jack’s learning his trade,” Sullivan says. “He was desperate to do it. He worked in every department at West Ham for a week. He knows everyone. He has opinions on everybody.” "

.."he rejects the suggestion the facilities at the training ground in Rush Green are not up to scratch, saying £4.8m has been spent on six new pitches, and responds to questions about Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium by pointing out that West Ham have made tickets affordable to young fans. “I think Daniel Levy has done a fantastic job at Tottenham,” he says. “But his cheapest season-ticket price will be three times ours. There might be a tiny little corner with 200 kids he calls the family stand. "

"So why bother moving? “I just think we feel like a big club,” Sullivan says. “Not a tinpot club. When players come to look at West Ham, they look at where you play.”"

We have to get in the top six eventually,” he says. “We’ve had a go and it hasn’t worked. We’ll keep having a go. We’ll keep changing the model and try different things. We dare to dream.

Whereas, of course, we dare to do.

Every time he opens his mouth, I give thanks that we have a discreet Levy as our chairman.

I was just typing something similar.

How many knives can he throw into Bilic's back?
just have some dignity and keep quiet.

There are a good few other gems in the interview :

"...lend weight to the theory that Sullivan will hand control to his sons one day...“Jack’s learning his trade,” Sullivan says. “He was desperate to do it. He worked in every department at West Ham for a week. He knows everyone. He has opinions on everybody.” "

.."he rejects the suggestion the facilities at the training ground in Rush Green are not up to scratch, saying £4.8m has been spent on six new pitches, and responds to questions about Tottenham Hotspur’s new stadium by pointing out that West Ham have made tickets affordable to young fans. “I think Daniel Levy has done a fantastic job at Tottenham,” he says. “But his cheapest season-ticket price will be three times ours. There might be a tiny little corner with 200 kids he calls the family stand. "

"So why bother moving? “I just think we feel like a big club,” Sullivan says. “Not a tinpot club. When players come to look at West Ham, they look at where you play.”"

We have to get in the top six eventually,” he says. “We’ve had a go and it hasn’t worked. We’ll keep having a go. We’ll keep changing the model and try different things. We dare to dream.

Whereas, of course, we dare to do.

Every time he opens his mouth, I give thanks that we have a discreet Levy as our chairman.

What Sullivan is not taking into account that it cost more to watch Les Mis up the west end than to see Bert Trubshaw and his trio down the Rose & Crown and that one's in a modern stadium and the other's is on council estate.

What Sullivan is not taking into account that it cost more to watch Les Mis up the west end than to see Bert Trubshaw and his trio down the Rose & Crown and that one's in a modern stadium and the other's is on council estate.

It really is profound just how bad that stadium is for football. I think Sullivan only saw the potential 60k capacity and nothing else.

New WHL is going to make it look like it opened in 1911, not 2011. I wonder if then things might make a bit more sense to him?

He is also conveniently ignoring that (whether we like it or not) football today is a product. And a product is generally priced with a certain alignment to market forces.
STs at NWHL may well be three times more expensive than those at the Olympic Stadium. But is that because Sullivan is altruistic in looking after their supporters, or are their STs priced so low because of market demand?
I don't think it's rocket science to work that one out.

Judging from his dress sense I think he's a Putin's stool. He's about the right size anyway.

Last edited:
West Ham co-owner David Sullivan says the Hammers passed up the chance to sign striker Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea for £10m. The 24-year-old joined Manchester United for £75m in the summer. (Guardian)

Back