• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bitcoin

I'm seeing electroneum links everywhere today. I'm tempted to throw a few quid in..
Same here, but haven't really read up on it. How do you "store" it? Can you control it yourself, or does it need to be stored in a depot you don't control yourself?

Same here, but haven't really read up on it. How do you "store" it? Can you control it yourself, or does it need to be stored in a depot you don't control yourself?
It is stored in a electronic wallet on your phone I believe. I'll tell you later as I'm going to read a bit on it. Unless i drink too much

Strong rumours that one of the alts, NEO, known as Chinese Ethereum..could rise sharply to tomorrow , due to some announcement in China, tomorrow.. or later tonight.
It’s dipped today but that could be some dump before a huge pump comes.

No guarantees, but I’ve a very small punt!

Strong rumours that one of the alts, NEO, known as Chinese Ethereum..could rise sharply to tomorrow , due to some announcement in China, tomorrow.. or later tonight.
It’s dipped today but that could be some dump before a huge pump comes.

No guarantees, but I’ve a very small punt!

ok im game what am i looking for?

Brought some gold recently, so am up for different investment ideas.

ok im game what am i looking for?

Brought some gold recently, so am up for different investment ideas.

I got mine of of Plus500

Search NEO.

It’s dipped a lot since yesterday, i made a few quid yesterday by making small frequent trades.
Put a bit on again yesterday and it’s dropped a lot today.
Pretty volatile mate, and the “rumours” may just be that. I was hoping it would pick up a bit by now, but am holding whatever happens. Haven’t risked enough to change my life if it goes brick or bust.

I got mine of of Plus500

Search NEO.

It’s dipped a lot since yesterday, i made a few quid yesterday by making small frequent trades.
Put a bit on again yesterday and it’s dropped a lot today.
Pretty volatile mate, and the “rumours” may just be that. I was hoping it would pick up a bit by now, but am holding whatever happens. Haven’t risked enough to change my life if it goes brick or bust.
CFDs - not buying the coin outright?

I have mine with KRAKEN - a bit of hassel to get you signed off but a better rate than Coinbase - Coinbase has a good app for monitoring price changes.

I have mine with KRAKEN - a bit of hassel to get you signed off but a better rate than Coinbase - Coinbase has a good app for monitoring price changes.

Yeh CFD for plus 500 and especially in this case, as I was looking for a quick punt.

Good to know about Kraken though for any other “holdings”.

Will look into, cheers

STAY A LONG WAY AWAY FROM CFDs!! Don't even think about touching it!

STAY A LONG WAY AWAY FROM CFDs!! Don't even think about touching it!
its ok as long as you know what you are playing at - and its the easiest way to get involved if you are looking for short term investment. Personally wont do any spread betting but if you know what they are they are a useful product.

Yeh CFD for plus 500 and especially in this case, as I was looking for a quick punt.

Good to know about Kraken though for any other “holdings”.

Will look into, cheers
Kraken has loads of coins on it as well, so a way to get exposure on the "next Bitcoin" but just knowing that most of them are Ponzi schemes.

its ok as long as you know what you are playing at - and its the easiest way to get involved if you are looking for short term investment. Personally wont do any spread betting but if you know what they are they are a useful product.
Even professional traders stay away from CFD. It's a recipe for disaster unless you are prepared to lose A LOT more than initially invested.
I work in Northern Europes largest anti-fraud agency, and 95% of all "companies" that do CFD trading, are outright scams. Plus500 being one of few exceptions, but they also run their business very close to the limit, and definitely are in a gray area.

CFD trading is also illegal in many countries, including USA.

Even professional traders stay away from CFD. It's a recipe for disaster unless you are prepared to lose A LOT more than initially invested.
I work in Northern Europes largest anti-fraud agency, and 95% of all "companies" that do CFD trading, are outright scams. Plus500 being one of few exceptions, but they also run their business very close to the limit, and definitely are in a gray area.

CFD trading is also illegal in many countries, including USA.
In essence its just spread betting but you need to pay tax right?

In essence its just spread betting but you need to pay tax right?
In essence it's similar to betting, except for the high gearing that means you can end up owing a lot more than initially invested if the "bet" goes the wrong way.

In essence it's similar to betting, except for the high gearing that means you can end up owing a lot more than initially invested if the "bet" goes the wrong way.
Spread betting is not betting, it's the same as cfds, It is leveraged in the same way.

They are a financial instrument with potential high leverage, they are fine as long as you fit the risk reward profile and understand the risks. In essence it's a swap which is allowed, This gives an overview https://www.investopedia.com/articles/stocks/09/trade-a-cfd.asp

https://www.ft.com/content/647050a6-3c3e-11db-9c97-0000779e2340

*I would not expect retail banks to use them for trades as they don't fit the risk profile
I know a whole lot about Cfd trading. I work with it (mostly against it actually) every day, trying to hunt down the hundreds of scam sites popping up every day.

I know a whole lot about Cfd trading. I work with it (mostly against it actually) every day, trying to hunt down the hundreds of scam sites popping up every day.
Yes, that's making sure the counterparty is ok, just the same as making sure the bitcoin exchange is OK. Just because mt gox was hacked doesn't make bitcoin crap, same with cfds.

My “tip” is going to rat brick at the moment, hope nobody got burnt. Hopefully not as much as me, as I bought at the wrong time after getting a bit greedy from a good day. That said, hindsight and all that!

Back