• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone here ITK on mobile phones

People who want to use a cloud based OS without using cloud features mystify me. Why don't they want to sync out of interest?

People who want to use a cloud based OS without using cloud features mystify me. Why don't they want to sync out of interest?

information security, I get its a niche use case but its something that is required on occasion, Nokia's phones are desirable to some for their low SAR ratings

If you work in IT then you should dictate the policy and tell them to get with the times :)

It's not as simple as that, there are different use cases and it would be nice to have options, hence my comment on the limitations, in the states and Europe you pretty much always have a cell connection, fine, there are plenty of parts of the world where that isn't the case

Policy is rarely set by IT, it's dictated from higher up, and policy is only ever enforced until it tinkles off the wrong person

I complained about this because someone asked for opinions on WM and I had one

Ok, made my choice today and got a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, (a white one and got a navy blue full case), £13.00 a month tariff still with Virgin mobile which gives me 250 Minutes, 250MB Data, and Unlimited texts all which are more than enough for my usage as that is what I've had for about 4 years now.

Now to work out how it all works.

Last edited:
Wow this thread aged well!

So it's upgrade time again and I need some advice, What are the best networks nowadays? I have always just renewed with Vodafone whenever I could get a good upgrade deal but looking at their price plans compared to others they seem to be the most expensive around. What provider are all you hipsters using nowadays?

For info, I'm looking at Samsungs and need a s**t load of data ;)

Wow this thread aged well!

So it's upgrade time again and I need some advice, What are the best networks nowadays? I have always just renewed with Vodafone whenever I could get a good upgrade deal but looking at their price plans compared to others they seem to be the most expensive around. What provider are all you hipsters using nowadays?

For info, I'm looking at Samsungs and need a s**t load of data ;)

They'll all share the same hardware antennae network soon? Think there were some rumours to that effect.

They'll all share the same hardware antennae network soon? Think there were some rumours to that effect.

Is it too soon to go for a 5G handset like the S10 5G. There's not many places that get 5G yet but maybe over a 2 year contract would it be worth it? Or would you say wait until the next upgrade in a couple more years?

Is it too soon to go for a 5G handset like the S10 5G. There's not many places that get 5G yet but maybe over a 2 year contract would it be worth it? Or would you say wait until the next upgrade in a couple more years?

I think you'd just be paying a bomb to be one of the first - early adopter. But in London it is rolling out? Do you need to stream movies on the go? There are better and better phone deals about. Check moneysaving expert for example.

Last edited:
Back