• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone here ITK on mobile phones

You can sync windows phone contacts with any account. I think the layout is much better than IOS personally, more personalised but IOS has way way better apps.

ok, they must have changed that, last time I tried to get the contacts off one it had to be done via hotmail/live/365, you couldn't plug it into a computer and use the Nokia sync software

Well that must have been a long long time ago, Nokia ceased to exist (phone wise anyway) a good 2 years ago.

eh?

I purchased a new Nokia Lumia 635 this week for some testing i'm doing at work, it was only released last year as far as I can tell

Nokia was bought by Microsoft a few years back but they have retained the Lumia and Nokia brand names

Nokia was bought by Microsoft a few years back but they have retained the Lumia and Nokia brand names

I know, it still says Nokia on the phone, I don't think its a crazy expectation to want to be able to plug that into a computer and take a proper backup to migrate to a new handset though.

its still nokia (same factory etc etc), yeah they binned symbian but...

i've forgotten my point (again)

generally, I don't care, we're almost an exclusively iOS shop, but apparently we support Windows Mobile as well so every now and then things need testing, I don't hate it

i'll check jolla out, might be useful for something coming up actually...

to the original OP, i'll reiterate, its the second best mobile OS in my opinion, and only my opinion, this isn't an excuse for blackberry or android users to try and persuade me, if you are happy, carry on, good luck, enjoy it, not for me

Going back to the OP. He might be best off holding out for the Blackberry Priv which might offer him the best of both worlds and is getting very good pre-release reviews

I've not touched a passport, the Q10 and Z10 were quite quickly too frustrating to use regularly though, the idea of having a home zone and a work zone never worked for me, I don't flit in and out, to shoehorn a pop culture reference in, i'm always batman, and i'm always bruce wayne

I've not touched a passport, the Q10 and Z10 were quite quickly too frustrating to use regularly though, the idea of having a home zone and a work zone never worked for me, I don't flit in and out, to shoehorn a pop culture reference in, i'm always batman, and i'm always bruce wayne

I wouldn't want one as a personal phone but I can still see the appeal as a business device. Personally, I don't like the idea of a shared work/business device.

One of my favourite phones ever was the sony xperia mini pro
xperia-mini-pro-black-sideview-android-smartphone-940x529.png

Can you believe the screen was only a 3" screen? Was quite a fat sort of stubby phone but not in an unpleasant way. Screen size wasn't a problem when they keyboard doesn't take up half the screen and quite enjoyed playing sonic and other games with hardkeys.

I'm hoping the Blackberry Priv is a success, at least to the extent that they'll come out with a 'mini' version or that other retailers want to bring a keyboard phone out. I can type/swype with a touchscreen just fine but there's just something about a physical keyboard that works better for me and makes me more likely to send replies to emails etc while I'm out and about.

I know, it still says Nokia on the phone, I don't think its a crazy expectation to want to be able to plug that into a computer and take a proper backup to migrate to a new handset though.

It isn't, you don't need software to back up your phone and settings etc anyway. Just turn the relevant back up settings on and it backs all your stuff up to the cloud and then you can transfer those to a new phone.

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/how-to/wp8/settings-and-personalization/back-up-my-stuff

My issue is wanting to migrate devices without a network connection, I need to be able to prep a device and send to the user to pop the sim themselves

But people don't store contacts on their phone these days, they store them against their email account like gmail or exchange generally if done for business. So as long as they connect the same email account back up they will sync back down to the phone. Only way they wouldn't is if they store them locally on the phone and don't sync them anywhere which seems a bit outdated to do now.

But people don't store contacts on their phone these days, they store them against their email account like gmail or exchange generally if done for business. So as long as they connect the same email account back up they will sync back down to the phone. Only way they wouldn't is if they store them locally on the phone and don't sync them anywhere which seems a bit outdated to do now.

I present to you, Users.

Different people have different requirements, I work with a few people who adamantly won't sync their contacts with an online service.

Back