• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone here ITK on mobile phones

wx-tel

Gilberto
I am due an upgrade early November, actually been offered one by Virgin already, (time to finally say goodbye to Blackberry's after 4 or 5 years), the phone I fancy is still in the rumour stage but if rumours are true the Samsung Galaxy S6 mini is imminent.

I can get the previous galaxy mini's straight away but I would rather wait for their latest version and it must be a mini as I want a smaller smart phone and if it looks anything like its big brother it will be worth it, I have looked at others, Sony, HTC etc. but just don't fancy them.

So I was hoping someone in the trade may know more than what I can find on the interweb.

Cheers Guys.

Capture.JPG

Nexus don't seem to be available through Virginmobile, and I have been happy with them. I know I can 'port' my number and use another network but I'll just wait. I've had my present Blackberry since November 2013, so a bit longer won't hurt!

The photo shows why I want a 'MINI'....it's just much to big for my pockets!

Last edited:
Oneplus are apparently going to release a 'mini' version of their current phone.

Blackberry are coming out with an android device at some point in the future too, it's far bigger than what you seem to be after but features a slide out qwerty keyboard which personally is a feature I'd love to see on an android phone.

Nexus new line looks awesome
They've always felt a little cheap to me. I know their build quality is high but it's just too much plastic - leather didn't help either, it just felt like they were trying to dress it up too much.

I've always preferred the feel of a iPhone or the more recent HTCs - much better. The new Samsungs feel like quality too

They've always felt a little cheap to me. I know their build quality is high but it's just too much plastic - leather didn't help either, it just felt like they were trying to dress it up too much.

I've always preferred the feel of a iPhone or the more recent HTCs - much better. The new Samsungs feel like quality too

The new nexus 6P is full aluminium and seems to be pretty good spec. Also it's a lot of hardware for the money .

I am considering it over the S6 Edge plus or the One plus two..

I can just imagine carrying either of these two around in my pocket, look at the size difference to the Blackberry I have now ...... I would have to upgrade my wardrobe as well to get them to fit.

Capture.JPG

The new nexus 6P is full aluminium and seems to be pretty good spec. Also it's a lot of hardware for the money .

I am considering it over the S6 Edge plus or the One plus two..
I've got the "standard size" S6 Edge and it's pretty good (as much as any modern phone can be described as standard size).

My only issue with it (and it can get really annoying) is trying to pick it up when something's on screen (like an incoming call or a film). Because the touchable area extends past the normal bounds of a screen and because there are soft buttons at the bottom, it's really difficult to pick up without doing something on-screen.

The 6P sounds interesting - I've always liked their fast updates, if they can make it feel premium (and I think any manufacturer has to if they want to charge what they do) then they will sell.

I'm such a fluffy bunnies cuddling to the iPhone. It annoys me that I always look to change but I just love everything about them. Usage-wise, most other phones are probably much more suitable for me, but I'm weak to the Apple brand.

My mates just got the Xperia compact, from Sony, size wise it's like an iPhone, looks pretty good from what i saw of it and my mate loves it

I have a nexus 5 and the build quality is excellent.
The gorilla glass screen Is strong as a Ox and, despite being dropped a good number of times, doesn't have a scratch on it (iPhone owners turn away in shame now).
Solid plastic around the edges but the back of the phone is rubber so doesn't break when dropped and creates the best grip of any phone I have ever held.

View attachment 2469

Nexus don't seem to be available through Virginmobile, and I have been happy with them. I know I can 'port' my number and use another network but I'll just wait. I've had my present Blackberry since November 2013, so a bit longer won't hurt!

The photo shows why I want a 'MINI'....it's just much to big for my pockets!
The Nexus comes "unlocked" as standard, so just put your sim card in.

I have a nexus 5 and the build quality is excellent.
The gorilla glass screen Is strong as a Ox and, despite being dropped a good number of times, doesn't have a scratch on it (iPhone owners turn away in shame now).
Solid plastic around the edges but the back of the phone is rubber so doesn't break when dropped and creates the best grip of any phone I have ever held.
That's my issue really, the plastic and rubber.

If I spend hundreds on a phone, I don't want rubber and plastic. The interior of a Micra is well made and solid but it's not the same as the leather and walnut of a merc

That's what I will be getting next. I've had a Nexus 5 for a couple of years and love it.

I would recommend to anyone going SIM only and buying a handset. I have saved a fortune that way.

I like the idea of the Wileyfox phones and they are a decent price.

https://www.wileyfox.com/

o2 are doing it on refresh so might see what they offer me or just get the 64gb version from Google

I can just imagine carrying either of these two around in my pocket, look at the size difference to the Blackberry I have now ...... I would have to upgrade my wardrobe as well to get them to fit.
Are you a male or a lady? I tried the iPhone 6 Plus in my jeans pocket and there was loads of room, not a problem whatsoever. Try it, you'll be surprised.

Capture 1.PNG

Not being a 'flashy' person I will also be using a strong case with a proper cover you see as have I always have done, (never had to have a phone repaired because of this), so the difference will be even more than what you see here.

I am a 59 year old male, so unlike you 'youngsters' I don't need the big screens which seem to be the norm nowadays, I doubt I would ever use it for streaming movies or sports and definitely not for playing games on, it's just the keyboard that appears on screen which would be useful to me being a bit larger for when my hand starts shaking due to old age :), but not as large as this beast would give)

I had my first 'Cellnet' network mobile phone back in 1991 (The Sony 'mars bar' as it became to be known as, cost £300+ from Rumbelows in Waltham Cross and was tiny...perfect for me).

images (1).jpg

The Sony 'Mars Bar' with wrist strap!

Last edited:
Don't see any of the major players doing a "mini" version of a flagship anytime soon.

Really recommend if you haven't used a bigger phone, try one, I've had a 6" phone for a couple of years (yes, its not always the most convenient carry), I find anything sub 5" really tough to use now.

View attachment 2472

Not being a 'flashy' person I will also be using a strong case with a proper cover you see as have I always have done, (never had to have a phone repaired because of this), so the difference will be even more than what you see here.

I am a 59 year old male, so unlike you 'youngsters' I don't need the big screens which seem to be the norm nowadays, I doubt I would ever use it for streaming movies or sports and definitely not for playing games on, it's just the keyboard that appears on screen which would be useful to me being a bit larger for when my hand starts shaking due to old age :), but not as large as this beast would give)

I had my first 'Cellnet' network mobile phone back in 1991 (The Sony 'mars bar' as it became to be known as, cost £300+ from Rumbelows in Waltham Cross and was tiny...perfect for me).

View attachment 2474

The Sony 'Mars Bar' with wrist strap!

If you don't want anything flashy, you could do a lot worse than the Moto G

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/moto-g-2015-1300373/review

I got one for my Mum for her birthday, she has never had a smart phone before, and she loves it.

Back