• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fiorentina - match ratings

milo

Jack L. Jones
milo submitted a new blog post

Fiorentina (1st Leg) - match ratings

Match rating results from the home leg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited:
LLoris 5 Sloppy in air and with his shooting

Walker 6 Good pace as always but not too sure what he was playing at when defending or with the ball

Vertonghen 8 Beast

Fazio 7 Good

Davies 5 not a massive fan of his

Bentaleb 6 Did okay

Paulinho 4 Awful, seriously.. Poor passing, slowed all the play.. Terrible

Eriksen 5 Not in the tempo tonight

Townsend 8 Superb at times

Chadli 6 Always a threat

Soldado 6 Well taken goal but didnt lead the line too well

Lloris 7 - unlucky that his punched clearance from Fernandez' fierce fk bounced off the back off Joaquin (who was clearly offside!) straight to the feet of Basanta

Walker 7 - impressive pace to dominate their left flank but was caught dangerously out of position on occasion
Fazio 7 - imperious
Vertonghen 8 - commanding, Spurs' MotM
Davies 6 - looked classy despite the odd dodgy moment at the back, but inevitably that much less of a threat going forward than Rose

Bentaleb 7 - controlled CM without pulling up any trees
Paulinho 6 - looked good first half, faded second

Chadli 7 - looked energetic and dangerous, especially first half; puzzled as to why he came off for Kane rather than Soldado, unless of course he was carrying an injury
Eriksen 4 - way off form atm, far too many misplaced passes. When he stops ticking the whole team suffers. Though fair play to him for working his butt off non-stop
Townsend 7 - caused Fiorentina all kinds of problems down the right, especially first half, but struggled to maintain his threat after HT once the Italians trebled-up on him

Soldado 6 - looked promising early on and took his goal well but cancelled that out by conceding gratuitous fk on the edge of the box; reverted achingly to type with misplaced passes all over the shop thereafter

Subs

Kane 6 - couple of good runs but it was never a good idea playing him in the hole behind the striker where his goal-threat is significantly reduced
Lamela 4 - one word: painful
Mason 7 - we looked more composed immediately he came on, he should have replaced the wearying Paulinho much earlier

Poch 6 - impressive the way his high-energy team came out of the blocks all guns blazing, but as mentioned above got certain critical elements wrong with two of his substitutions

LLoris 5 Sloppy in air and with his shooting

Walker 6 Good pace as always but not too sure what he was playing at when defending or with the ball

Vertonghen 8 Beast

Fazio 7 Good

Davies 5 not a massive fan of his

Bentaleb 6 Did okay

Paulinho 4 Awful, seriously.. Poor passing, slowed all the play.. Terrible

Eriksen 5 Not in the tempo tonight

Townsend 8 Superb at times

Chadli 6 Always a threat

Soldado 6 Well taken goal but didnt lead the line too well

Bit harsh on the chap.

Hugo 7, solid
Davis 6.5, left with a lot to do at times with little cover
Fazio 7. Collected and powerful
Verts 8, was every where and some great passes
Walker 5, to much show boating.
Bentaleb 8.5. Was evey where, tackled, passed, covered. MOTM for me
Chadli 7, still looks but rusty
Eriksen 6, has went off the boil a bit lately
Townsend 5, cost us the IMO. Had them in the ropes playing a team game and he decides to stand off his man and do tricks and show off.
Paulinho 5.5. Just doesn't seem to know what to do for the best
Soldado. 8. Scored a belter, set up 3 really good chances and brought out some good saves from their keeper.
Lamella 4. Off the pace and didn't seem to know what shape we were playing
Kane 5 nothing to play with, by then the shape really had gone
Mason 5. Tidy, not much time anything else

Poch 7. Either a change at half time or a rocket for Townsend and walker and we could have that game.

Townsend 5, cost us the IMO. Had them in the ropes playing a team game and he decides to stand off his man and do tricks and show off.

Agreed. First 10 minutes he was good, then he got worse and worse as his confidence grew. Always looking to take someone on, dithering on the ball while looking for opportunities to do so, instead of playing simple pass and move football. Then, as more time passed, he started looking for shooting opportunities. Second half he was plain awful. Just not a good fit for how we play.

Not only that, but his end product was a deluge of utter dog sh*t.

Agree with the rest of your ratings too, but I think you were a little harsh on Paulinho.

Anyone notice how Soldado all but disappeared when Kane came on? Until then he was a solid 8.

Bentaleb MotM
Townsend - just cross the friggin' ball! He did play well though and was the only player aside from Bentaleb whose 2nd half performance didn't drop off as sharply
Verts - he almost cost us with some dribbling in his own area, but otherwise solid
Chadli - I liked what I saw, but he played more in flashes than consistently
Eriksen - I don't know what's the matter with him
Walker - just cross the friggin' ball!
Fazio - very good
Davies - I don't remember any threat coming from his side, so he must have had a good game
Soldado - great in the first half, but faded after Kane came on
Paulinho - not his worst game, but I really do not see what he offers the team. Oh yes, well-taken corners. Well, that's something, I guess.

I actually rate paulinho higher than most on here but thought he was poor last night. First 30 mins we played like a team playing to the individuals strengths and could have ran amok. 1 up and two slow defenders booked, this could have all over after 90mins.
Still fancy us to go through.

Thought the subs in hindsight weren't the greatest. Not blaming Poch, sometimes the players called upon just don't play well. Lamela had a poor cameo when he came on although the team was suffering as a whole.

Eriksen had the worst game I've seen him have in a long time. It happens. I thought Chadli was doing ok. In hindsight I would have gone with Dembele on for Eriksen, Mason for Paulinho and Kane for Soldado in the second half.

----------------------Lloris------------------------
Walker-----Fazio-------Vertonghen-----Davies
-------------Bentaleb----Mason------------------
Townsend--------Dembele------------Chadli---
----------------------Kane--------------------------

Frenetic, Frantic headless chickens, Soldado held nothing up, Townsend at present is just 100% effort little else, Walker is awful defensively, for their goal he just ball watched and stood there like a plank, Ericksen and Soldado terribly wasteful, positives imo, I though Davies was left exposed all game and done well, Fazio and Verts looked good again, Chadli was ok, wont judge Bentaleb because the guy he played next to was invisible, is it possible to play like we try to for 90 minutes ?

Im not too dissatisfied with the fact that we are still very much in the tie, yet managed to rest a number of key players for Sunday. Decent rotation IMO....

Walker was so so. Still needs to improve his defending and positional sense.

Paulinho is shocking. I don't know what he brings to the table.

Bentaleb and Eriksen both poor.

Soldado, Vertonghen and Fazio all good.

Townsend was disappointing ( again), Eriksen was poor but that happens and I understand why he was kept on ( he is always likely to score a goal), Fazio and Jan( my MOM) once again showed that they are our num 1 pairing. Our CM needs a player like Stambouli playing as its still too weak.

Townsend was disappointing ( again), Eriksen was poor but that happens and I understand why he was kept on ( he is always likely to score a goal), Fazio and Jan( my MOM) once again showed that they are our num 1 pairing. Our CM needs a player like Stambouli playing as its still too weak.

Agree with most of your post except re Townsend. True his penchant for multiple step-overs and shooting from range can be the more frustrating when they don't come off. That said I felt for much of the game, especially first half, he was not far short of outstanding.

Agree with most of your post except re Townsend. True his penchant for multiple step-overs and shooting from range can be the more frustrating when they don't come off. That said I felt for much of the game, especially first half, he was not far short of outstanding.

Well Stop! Hammer time but I think he is a show pony, he was ok against a side who do not know him that well but unless he brings more to his game he will be found out by other Prem teams and no threat to them.

Townsend and Walker fudged about with it to much last night. They were to busy trying to showboat and even Bentaleb had a pop and told them to get it in box.

Back