• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Georges-Kévin NKoudou

Good move for him, will be interesting to see how he goes.

Given how Burnley set up, when GKN plays he will be their main outlet - should be a good opportunity for him.

I hope this means that we are getting in a replacement for GKN. If not, maybe we will see Edwards at last getting some game time.

Freeing up a squad place for Sessegnon?!

In reality though he has only made 5 appearances this season, only 1 in the league.

Would like to think that we're going to get someone in. Feels like we're only a couple injuries away from not having much cover, or having to put youth players on the bench. Counting players in their primary position:

CF - 2 players
AM ('the 3 behind Kane') - 5 (Son, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Sissoko)
CM - 4 (Wanyama, Dier, Dembele, Winks)

....thats 11 players. So aggregating them to take away arguments of where people can play/cover, we either have 5 or 6 midfielders/forwards on the pitch from the start (depending on whether we're playing 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1), and another 3-4 on the bench....so thats somewhere between 8 and 10 needed each matchday, and we only have 11 options. Considering Dembele's regular injuries and Dier sometimes playing at the back, there's not much slack there (or another way of looking at it is that Poch wont have that many alternatives). We certainly couldn't operate with any smaller squad. I guess it means we're likely to see Edwards or TOB on the bench at points between now and May

_99524003_burnley_getty.jpg

"I know the manager likes young players and players who go forward, so it suits my character to come here and I am happy to work with him," Nkoudou said.

"I hope to help the club. If I can, I will - but the last word is with the manager.

"I am ready to play and waiting on the starting blocks. If the manager puts me on the pitch I will to everything on the pitch."

Would like to think that we're going to get someone in. Feels like we're only a couple injuries away from not having much cover, or having to put youth players on the bench. Counting players in their primary position:

CF - 2 players

....thats 11 players. So aggregating them to take away arguments of where people can play/cover, we either have 5 or 6 midfielders/forwards on the pitch from the start (depending on whether we're playing 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1), and another 3-4 on the bench....so thats somewhere between 8 and 10 needed each matchday, and we only have 11 options. Considering Dembele's regular injuries and Dier sometimes playing at the back, there's not much slack there (or another way of looking at it is that Poch wont have that many alternatives). We certainly couldn't operate with any smaller squad. I guess it means we're likely to see Edwards or TOB on the bench at points between now and May

As we play 3/5 at the back most of the time, it's actually only often 5 spots, which means 10 is the optimum number. But one more would be good to give us that flexibility/12 for 6 spots.

As we play 3/5 at the back most of the time, it's actually only often 5 spots, which means 10 is the optimum number. But one more would be good to give us that flexibility/12 for 6 spots.

Since Lamela returned and TA was out, we've been playing 4-2-3-1 a lot so I think it remains to be seen what formation we'll play most when all options are available

CF - 2 players

I can't see us signing a replacement unless it is a player like Sessegnon, who can cover a couple of positions but we are unlikely to see much of them until next season.

Since Lamela returned and TA was out, we've been playing 4-2-3-1 a lot so I think it remains to be seen what formation we'll play most when all options are available

Poch isn't wedded to a formation, he tends to select one based on the best players he has available.

With everyone available, I think that he would opt for three at the back because it enables the fullbacks to really get forward and overload the opposition. That means that both Son and Lamela are on the bench and he has a tough choice between Dier and Sanchez in defence.

Back