• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Do you think there is less appetite for economic Brexit now? Not the red herring Brexit we were sold about immigration and sovereignty, but the real one where we leave a free trade union?

Seems to be less fight back on here. Maybe with prices going up in the shops there is less bravado to cease our membership of the worlds largest trading block?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I am not sure that is true, most are probably sick to death oF hearing the same flimflam from the same posters.

I am not sure that is true, most are probably sick to death oF hearing the same flimflam from the same posters.

I rarely post in this thread because of it, got boring people have their sides and wont change them which is fine. But really better things to do. Also thought this was the cycling thread, which clearly it is not.

@SpurMeUp I and everyone I know that voted out did so for reasons I have done to death on here, my views will never change but it gets to tiring to keep going over it, also I do not want to get all defensive as to why we should be trading with other parts of the world(we should already be agreeing those deal and to hell with what the club we are leaving thinks)

This is a politics thread so I understand why you keep bleating on about Brexit, was amazed at how some can not let it go especially when the is so much political going on to be talking about.

The conservatives in free fall a new leader of UKIP, what are the Greens up to, Spain having their own problems and so so much more. Honestly these people keep bringing up Brexit are starting to sound more like fanatics then UKIP to me.

Now Corbyn and his plans, I like them, like them a lot. Just not sure he wont bankrupt the country. But hey that is probably where we will end up anyway so why not go there for good reasons rather then for bad ones like under the conservatives.

Slightly off topic and I have a vested interest but not enough comes out from any party about stem cell research and advanced medical treatments. America now has a nutter who is the darling of the bible belt right in charge so the is a real opportunity for us to rival China and set ourselves up as an area of medical research.

Slightly off topic and I have a vested interest but not enough comes out from any party about stem cell research and advanced medical treatments. America now has a nutter who is the darling of the bible belt right in charge so the is a real opportunity for us to rival China and set ourselves up as an area of medical research.

Will being out the EU help or hinder us? We're going to lose the European Medical Agency www.ema.europa.eu from London which has allowed the UK drugs companies excellent access and ease of communication with a vital regulator. Regulation controls market access as much as tariffs. Will we be able to steal a march on other countries post Brexit? Or it won't it make a jot of difference?

my views will never change but it gets to tiring to keep going over it, also I do not want to get all defensive as to why we should be trading with other parts of the world(we should already be agreeing those deal and to hell with what the club we are leaving thinks)

This is a politics thread so I understand why you keep bleating on about Brexit, was amazed at how some can not let it go especially when the is so much political going on to be talking about.

We should have a dedicated EU exit thread. Why don't I just let it go? Because it may well represent the greatest change to our countries economy and setup in our life time. It could have implications for everyone's wealth and the UKs future. We still have no idea what it will look like - what our trading setup will be, and the worrying thing is it doesn't look like the government do either.

No reason we can't trade all over the world from within the EU. Germany do it very successfully. How will trade accelerate with non-EU countries when we're out?

I've asked the question before of Milo and others (myself too): what would a successful Brexit look like? What would be the line where I would think, you know what I was wrong, this is actually working and working well. You say your views will "never change". @parklane1 too, is there an outcome from Brexit that would lead to you changing your views or are you completely reticent regardless of the reality?

Last edited:
Never found Monty Python funny.

Guess I could post a funny video about some weird obsessive stalker following some girl about asking why why oh why did you leave me or something. Referencing so many remain voters inability to accept a democratic vote.

Like Parklane says it has just got beyond boring and I frankly find it rather sad that some in our society are behaving like that. Saddest thing is no one won the last election or will win the next or win anything again because the new democracy means we do not get a result unless it is a result the elite want.

My absolute post on Brexit.

Now on to the nutter May.....I think the tories would be mad to bin her until just a year before the next election, that would give the new person the chance to get established. Though they should already be laying the grounds for a future election campaign.

One thing Thatcher was so good at was going around to ethnic minority gala dinners and award nights and doing lots of events in that vein. I understand Thatcher was not every ones cup of tea, but she understood politics. May when I see her on the T.V. last night she is at some community hall with a load of old grey haired women politely clapping her.

If she wants to win or even stand at the next election she has to go out there and do the relentless work Corbyn does, she needs to get out of her comfort zone, go to some asian or black cultural events and glad hand people. She might not get them to vote for her but if she can start to sow the seeds of "maybe they are not so bad after all" into peoples minds.

The tories since Thatcher have been really bad at connecting with people, Hauge in a baseball cap etc. Corbyn comes across as someone who is prepared to go out meet different people and listen, his policies may not stand up to economics. But I am voting for an idea and the idea of Corbyn is better then the idea of May.

I don't think it will make much difference to the voting public; those who are older, voted Tory last time and want Brexit will still like her or any Tory leader. Those who are opposed to her and the Tories will still be that way. It gives her political enemies in the Tory party a bit more ammo though.

Brexit is the dominant factor, until that is resolved then I think the Tory vote will hold up (barring May bricking all over herself, or Johnson blacking up -- even then, the older voters wouldn't care.)

I don't see it as quite that clear-cut. Sure, the hardcore Tory/Labour voters won't be swayed either way - little would sway these blocs, but they're a long way from making up the entire electorate.

In my opinion, only out-and-out Tory haters would have revelled in seeing what happened to her the other day (I'm referring to the cough and other mishaps, not the content), and there is potential for the sympathy vote to play in her favour. All the more so given that the media and certain sections of her own party have tried to stick the boot in. Many reasonable observers will have found that distasteful, in my opinion.

And on the Brexit note, I do wonder about how many of those supposed Labour-voting Ukippers must be reflecting upon the impact of their actions in the general election...

Its similar to how I feel seeing 'macaron' in the white house.

Just because a large amount of people vote for something stupid doesn't make it less stupid!

Democracy my arse!

I hate Trump, check out the first post in the Trump thread. But he is the symptom not the cause. He is an idiot but he won, that needs addressing. If you think voting brexit was stupid that is your right but you need to address the cause of it. I have given up discussing brexit with people, used to be if the guy or girl you did not like won, your grumbled about it but got on with your life. Thanks to social media and a generation of snowflakes who had things their own way, the general mood of things is that you never have to accept results.

Will be great next Saturday after Eddie Howe has had two weeks to train Bournemouth for our match and they sit behind and we play out a drab 0-0, I can walk away saying, nah we won I do not accept defeat.

I hate Trump, check out the first post in the Trump thread. But he is the symptom not the cause. He is an idiot but he won, that needs addressing. If you think voting brexit was stupid that is your right but you need to address the cause of it. I have given up discussing brexit with people, used to be if the guy or girl you did not like won, your grumbled about it but got on with your life. Thanks to social media and a generation of snowflakes who had things their own way, the general mood of things is that you never have to accept results.

Will be great next Saturday after Eddie owe has had two weeks to train Bournemouth for our match and they sit behind and we play out a drab 0-0, I can walk away saying, nah we won I do not accept defeat.

The whole vote was run in a not dissimilar way to how FIFA awarded the World Cup to Qatar. Ill conceived and atrocious in its implementation. Do I except it? Yes, but little choice! It would be like taking on Bournemouth without a goalkeeper? The result would stand but it would still be my favourite buttplug!

Last edited:
Would we or should we accept something if it's been mis-sold to us?

If the car you bought actually had 1.4 engine rather than the 2.0 the salesman told you about, would you just say "ah well, it's not what he said it was but I guess I'll just accept it"?

And as for re-running elections until the "elite" (another media-inspired moniker that has stuck) get what they want, are we now not considering the likes of Boris and Farage as elites?

I rarely post in this thread because of it, got boring people have their sides and wont change them which is fine. But really better things to do. Also thought this was the cycling thread, which clearly it is not.

@SpurMeUp I and everyone I know that voted out did so for reasons I have done to death on here, my views will never change but it gets to tiring to keep going over it, also I do not want to get all defensive as to why we should be trading with other parts of the world(we should already be agreeing those deal and to hell with what the club we are leaving thinks)

The conservatives in free fall a new leader of UKIP, what are the Greens up to, Spain having their own problems and so so much more. Honestly these people keep bringing up Brexit are starting to sound more like fanatics then UKIP to me.

Now Corbyn and his plans, I like them, like them a lot. Just not sure he wont bankrupt the country. But hey that is probably where we will end up anyway so why not go there for good reasons rather then for bad ones like under the conservatives.

Bravo, tickle my balls with a feather. i accept that everyone has different views on this but there are some who just keep bleating the same brick and will scream and scream.

Mainly because it feels like a school play in its implementation.

We are cursed to have such a disfunctional and incompetent government handling our biggest and most complex negotiations since the second world war. I am not sure that there is a single position that the Conservative Party can agree on, let alone one that is acceptable to the Tories and EU.

We are cursed to have such a disfunctional and incompetent government handling our biggest and most complex negotiations since the second world war. I am not sure that there is a single position that the Conservative Party can agree on, let alone one that is acceptable to the Tories and EU.

To balance things up a bit, I hardly think the modern day Labour party represent much of an improvement on this situation.

Exactly the reason I didn't want the referendum yet.

My hope from here is a "vote on the outcome" which says stay in the EU and is the trigger for the electorate to turn their anger where it should be - our atrocious set of politicians.
Once we have got our own house in order we then look to the EU and assert pressure with ability to actually back it and leave the EU if we genuinely have the tools to do it better

To balance things up a bit, I hardly think the modern day Labour party represent much of an improvement on this situation.

I would agree except the tory party is and always has been full of old shire money and is totally set in its balmy army like ways! They will never change as poor old Theresa will testify.
Labour are and have had to be far more open and pragmatic over the past few years!

I would like to (have) seen a cross party EU exit committee setup.

Last edited:
Exactly the reason I didn't want the referendum yet.

My hope from here is a "vote on the outcome" which says stay in the EU and is the trigger for the electorate to turn their anger where it should be - our atrocious set of politicians.
Once we have got our own house in order we then look to the EU and assert pressure with ability to actually back it and leave the EU if we genuinely have the tools to do it better

Have our political class not just grown incapable because for 25 years they've outsourced any real power to the EU and big business? It's not a particularly attractive career for talent now you don't get power or money. Having to make some real decisions again that can change everything, should quickly sort the men from the boys.

You are also making the misconception that staying in the EU is the status quo. It's not - they are moving ever closer to the federal superstate. We've already diverged significantly in the past 6 months since our resistance to that fate stopped being an obstacle.

Back