• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR FC vs west brom

This is a game that will tell us how serious we are about any title ambitions. Tough game.

Indeed; after every signature win we've had under Poch, we seem to not keep the momentum in the following league game.
If we win this (and i think we will btw) then i think my view of how we are progressing will go up a notch

I know people like to take the p1ss with "must win" but this really is, if we want to win the league. Our home form is crucial and I feel we are doing better than last season. Winning this game is a huge step in the right direction and puts a bit of pressure on Chelsea for their away trip to Leicester.

I know people like to take the p1ss with "must win" but this really is, if we want to win the league. Our home form is crucial and I feel we are doing better than last season. Winning this game is a huge step in the right direction and puts a bit of pressure on Chelsea for their away trip to Leicester.

Indeed. We have played 10 league, won 8 drawn 2, scored 21 conceded 5. I can't remember the last time we had stats like that at this stage at home: perhaps Redknapp's last season? Or the season when Gooner Graham was sacked?
I think our home form was almost our achilles heal last two season (when compared to our away form) but now we seem to be turning WHL into a pwoper fortress.

Need a win fa shizzle

Indeed; after every signature win we've had under Poch, we seem to not keep the momentum in the following league game.
If we win this (and i think we will btw) then i think my view of how we are progressing will go up a notch

To be fair, we did follow up the 3-0 win over United with the 4-0 win at Stoke last April. Granted it went t#ts up after that

To be fair, we did follow up the 3-0 win over United with the 4-0 win at Stoke last April. Granted it went t#ts up after that

Yeah, by signature win, i should have qualified it more: a home win vs the team at the top of the league at the time (Poch has done this every time managing us, which was the key stat i didn't want to mention prior to the Chelski game...oh no, now i've gone and done it!)

They are going to sit back. We need guile and strength to get the first goal. And then pace later. Alli and Kane and Eriksen for sure. Dembele also for his dribbling.

Nice early kick off also. Will either send me in to misery for the weekend (draw or lose) or the other thing that happens a when we do well.

Fans need to be up for this one, create an atmosphere like the one against Cheat$ki, and be patient.

Tough game, said it earlier in thread, this is a get the job done kind of match, doesn't need to be pretty, does need to be our best game, it just needs to be a result.

They are going to sit back. We need guile and strength to get the first goal. And then pace later. Alli and Kane and Eriksen for sure. Dembele also for his dribbling.

Nice early kick off also. Will either send me in to misery for the weekend (draw or lose) or the other thing that happens a when we do well.

Son might work well against a packed defense in that he's good at running with the ball in tight spaces

Media is trying to build pressure saying it is a must win. Hello go talk to Mourinho and Klopp and tell their matches are must wins. We all know Pulis likes to try to poop a party.

Yeah, by signature win, i should have qualified it more: a home win vs the team at the top of the league at the time (Poch has done this every time managing us, which was the key stat i didn't want to mention prior to the Chelski game...oh no, now i've gone and done it!)
No you didn't. West Brom are 8th. You're good.

interesting stats here, 8 of the last 13 have been draws, we only have a 1-0 win against them in almost 4 years and of course they're managed by the park the bus genius who only lost 1-0 at the death star and the "bridge", so obviously another 4-1 win for us here. :)

as they are going to sit back i'd like to give janssen a start to wear them down a bit. he's got great balance and strength so maybe just get the ball to him in the box and see what happens.

This match will be a real test of our mental strength. WBA is our bogey team as we have not beaten them at home for the past 4 years, drawing 3 matches and losing 1. It was the draw against WBA at home last season which started our 4 match winless run and destroyed our league title chances last season. Alli stupidly got himself 3 match ban from that match as well. So, we need to overcome the WBA jinx by beating them this time to improve our chances in the title race this season.

Despite our poor home record against WBA, our key players seem to enjoy scoring against them. Kane and Eriksen have scored 3 goals each against WBA in the past while Alli has scored our last 2 goals against them. It will really lift us if we can get atleast 2 goals from those players in this match. Afterall, both Kane and Alli are our joint top scorers with 10 league goals each. Hope Kane will be lifted by the birth of his baby to score in this match. After his brilliant 2 goals against Chelsea, want to see Alli continue his goal scoring run as well. Afterall, Alli needs to redeem himself for the stupid 3 match suspension he got against WBA last season.

Our midfield did really well against Chelsea. We need Wanyama and Dembele to continue their good work against WBA. Sissoko has been improving fast in the last few matches. Want to see him start this match and trouble WBA with his run and dribbling skills. I think Sissoko deserves to get a goal for all his good work he has done lately. Eriksen has 3 goals against WBA in the past. Hope he can score 1 here, especially from any freekick he gets. Too bad that Lamela is still out injured. His creativity would have been very useful against a defensive minded teams like WBA.

Our defence have not kept a clean sheet against WBA in our last 7 matches against them. Hope Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld will do much better and stop WBA scoring this time. Walker and Rose have been playing really well lately. Hope they will continue their good form to help our defence and attack again in this match. We should avoid giving away any freekicks near our goal as they are good at set pieces.

After the brilliant win over Chelsea last week, we need to continue the winning form by beating WBA. Overcoming the WBA jinx will go a long way to help our league title chances. I think we badly need the win. So, anything other than a win will be disappointing.

A_n_y t_e_a_m n_e_w_s y_e_t ?

We should turn up with the right mentality against WBA. We cannot get complacent against them despite the good win against Chelsea last week. We need to be clinical and ruthless against them. Hope we make use of our chances to beat them and move closer to the first place in the league.

Last edited:
Back