• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Last chance to win title with this team?

We just need to add one or two real acts of class and we are there in my opinion, thats the beauty of the league and its proven, you can be as rich as you like and spend like you want, but come match day its 11v11 and ours is up there with everyones and so its proven

The point I was trying to make, is this is three years away. If we don't achieve something by then, we have personnel who will be coveted by bigger clubs (more money & medals). I should have put 'best' chance rather than 'last', as we could be handicapped by Wembley/new ground adaption in the following two seasons.
I'm not saying last chance to win the league, just with this particular squad.

You may have a point.
Re Wembley, I am hopeful that playing every game there rather than just ad-hoc ones will allow us to adjust much more quickly and to lose the "Wembley curse" tag. I think the club do need to think about seating areas etc. to try to maximise atmosphere. I know they tried it for the CL games, and that Wembley accoustics are bad for crowd noise, but we need to get everything as close to right as possible from the offset.
Whether we can keep the squad together through the forthcoming period of change and beyond is another question. I believe that as long as we keep challenging for top 4 and the title - and most critically, as long as we keep Poch - then we will retain the substance of this squad for the next 2-3 years at least. Of course there may be one or two outgoings or incomings, so technically that would make for a different team, in which case you are right, this might be the last or best chance for this specific set of players. But my sense is that as we seem to be building a team, rather than buying a team, many of the players we have now will be here for a while yet.. If we can adjust to Wembley, whilst continuing to improve, then this team (or the majority of it) will be around to see more chances to win the title.

I believe our last significant outgoing of his own choice was Bale, which was over 3 years ago, so this in itself suggests that the team might stay together longer than past teams. Although inevitably the tabloids will do there best to transfer our players to Real, Barca, Man U and Chelsea etc.

I'm only 32. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that we won't win the league for as long as I live. Despite this, I hope to live until I'm at least 70, so it won't be for another few years, I'm afraid!

You're the same age as me, I'm convinced we'll win it at least once before I'm 90!

has everyone forgotten a team won the league last year at 5000/1, this isn't your old man's football anymore, anything's possible.
BELIEVE

Its incredible to look at the table right now. I genuinely don't think there is much of a difference in quality between the top 6 right now. Chelsea will probably go on to win the league unfortunately due to their incredible run. They probably need to be looking to get to around 87-89 points to be sure.

I think the rest will look to get up to around 86 points which may give them a decent chance of winning. Suddenly the fixtures between one another in the top 6 have become very important. Even to draw a game these days is very harmful.

Very exciting for the neutral.

Its incredible to look at the table right now. I genuinely don't think there is much of a difference in quality between the top 6 right now. Chelsea will probably go on to win the league unfortunately due to their incredible run. They probably need to be looking to get to around 87-89 points to be sure.

I think the rest will look to get up to around 86 points which may give them a decent chance of winning. Suddenly the fixtures between one another in the top 6 have become very important. Even to draw a game these days is very harmful.

Very exciting for the neutral.
I'd say Chelsea need another set back within their next four fixtures, to really open up the race. After that it gets (on paper) easier for them.
Leicester City v Chelsea
Chelsea
v Hull City (lol)
Liverpool v Chelsea
Chelsea
v Arsenal

I'd say Chelsea need another set back within their next four fixtures, to really open up the race. After that it gets (on paper) easier for them.
Leicester City v Chelsea
Chelsea
v Hull City (lol)
Liverpool v Chelsea
Chelsea
v Arsenal

There not straight forward games and chelsea will be up for them no doubt but so will their competitors

Leicester will probably bend over for em

Hull aren't great but have been better than their results suggest

Pool and arsenal are playing of rtes title too and thats where you would expect to see any points dropped

We just have to worry about each game as they come and deal with ours first and foremost

Not sure where else to put this, but it's likely no coincidence that our recent run of form has coincided with the break in European football and in cup ties. Hopefully we can keep it up when those resume, and not lose pace with those clubs who aren't (as) involved in non-League matches.

Not sure where else to put this, but it's likely no coincidence that our recent run of form has coincided with the break in European football and in cup ties. Hopefully we can keep it up when those resume, and not lose pace with those clubs who aren't (as) involved in non-League matches.

Hopefully we can benefit from Liverpool and United still having the EFL cup.

We'll win a league title a) when the year ends in one, and b) ten years after the previous title won on a year ending in one. Beyond that I have no idea. So I've blanked out on the possibility of us winning a title until the 2020-2021 season at the least - if we do win it then, I'll wait until 2031 before getting excited again. :p

No. We are very close to doing it, I feel. Very close.

What I always wanted was a strong back four - it's now a very strong 11, with an excellent 'back' six.

I am getting all tingly now !

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If we manage to keep this team 90% intact for the next 2-3 years and Pochettino at the helm, I feel we can win the title in one of these years. The only challenge will be coping with the continuous changes in home venues, but I think after a few games the players will get used to it and it won't be as much of a hindrance. We'll just have our usual slow starts as a result of it, and then hit top form.

If we manage to keep this team 90% intact for the next 2-3 years and Pochettino at the helm, I feel we can win the title in one of these years. The only challenge will be coping with the continuous changes in home venues, but I think after a few games the players will get used to it and it won't be as much of a hindrance. We'll just have our usual slow starts as a result of it, and then hit top form.
I think the change in home ground may be more of a hindrance than that.
The other factor will be what is going on with the other 5 rivals over that time. This season and next looks like being quite a peaky time for them but who knows looking further on? Perhaps Jose will have imploded (as usual) and Arsenal may well have the problem of replacing Wenger.?

I would love a period of long term stability for us. Poch is a lovely manager, and Levy is the best chairmen in the league by a distance.

I'm only 32. I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that we won't win the league for as long as I live. Despite this, I hope to live until I'm at least 70, so it won't be for another few years, I'm afraid!

I have good news for you. I was alive when Spurs last won the title (though too young to be aware of it) so I am approaching codger status. Codgers do things like researching pension options, and according to Standard Life, life expectancy for men of my generation is 90 years.
As a 32-year-old, you've probably got 70 years ahead of you, which is just about long enough to pay off a student loan, if you have one, but still might not be long enough to enjoy the novel experience of Spurs winning the title.
Hope springs eternal,

"It cannot be entirely an accident that Spurs’ best form of the season has come after their Champions League exit and there is a strong temptation to suggest that if they wish to continue their ascent of the Premier League table the best plan might be to ditch the Europa League as early as is feasibly possible.​

United are in a similar position. Yes, the Europa League offers the carrot of a Champions League place, but it is a long old road around Europe and Spurs and United appear to be capable of securing a top-four finish by themselves as long as they keep their domestic focus.​

Should they bale out of the Europa League early there is a real possibility of the top four places at the end of the season being filled by teams free of Champions League commitments. Goodness knows how unhappy Guardiola would be then. He has spent much of his first season in England emphasising what an advantage it is to Chelsea and Liverpool not to have to play in Europe and should Spurs and United streamline their fixture lists it would place an almost intolerable pressure on Guardiola, who would be virtually alone in the country in seeking or expecting Champions League progress."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/08/top-six-premier-league-title-leaving-europe

"With Tottenham competing in three competitions, Dier thinks they should be taking home silverware with the talent in their team.

'Football is about winning trophies,' Dier said. 'If you ask us later on in life and we hadn't won a trophy with the squad we have now, the players we've got and the base we have to do that... if in five years' time [that hadn't happened] everyone would be disappointed.

'We've got to keep working hard and improving as there is still a lot we can work on before we reach that level, and the whole squad is desperate to win trophies.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-win-trophy-soon-regret-it.html#ixzz4VHd1LpdM

Back