• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

Absolutely incredible batting from England today with 1 over left they have racked up 390 odd !!

Root 100 off 71, Buttler 129 off 77, Rashid who has to play in the tests for me with 69 off 50, such positive stuff

I will be backing NZ though as if we can get this score so can they

This is some batting line up from England, we may not chase this down but we're giving it a good go. Need to find a bowler or two from somewhere though.

Unbelievable transformation in personnel and mindset since a couple of months ago, just goes to show how bad a job the selectors and coaches were doing until recently.

The series against NZ so far has been amazing entertainment, some of the best cricket in a while. Really happy to see Rashid playing, been on the fringes for years and seems to have got his head sorted under Guillespie at Yorkshire. And boy can Buttler hit the ball.

Agree with @Gazza Dazzla that we need some real top one day bowlers.

Same every time NZ come, always a great series played in the right way. Always get mugged off with a few matches.

Need to bowlers to come to the party today, good start.

Brilliant from Bairstow, amazing that the squad is so strong that he probably won't get a spot in the side for the next ODI. This is the first time in as long as I can remember that I've been really excited about England 50 over Cricket.

Great series that, really like how NZ play. Have definitely left a mark on world cricket and hopefully playing more positively will catch on a bit. Love watching Williamson bat, that's what Bell should be like really.

I see Pakistan won by 10 wickets as well. Yasir got best overseas figures ever in SL I believe, would love to see some leggies make a return. Have all but died off now at the top level.

Also anyone seen this article from Swann? http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2015/content/story/889815.html
Rather bizarre says Johnson won't get in the team, is he injured or something? I never rated Smith much before either but people always said he would come good. Probably the most form player in cricket at the moment so be interesting if the theory is true. I don't like this he plays at 5 so gets runs and can't handle the swinging ball. Isn't that exactly what happened with Root, poor at opening but piles on the runs in the middle order.

I knew the Aussies didn't like our cricket team, but I went to Wimbledon and they really don't want any English tennis players to win either:D English fans will happily root for an Aussie tennis player.

I've not seen many English root for an Aussie player, maybe Hewitt got some support as a former champion in his last Wimbledon but I never remember Rafter or Philippoussis getting much.

Also anyone seen this article from Swann? http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2015/content/story/889815.html
Rather bizarre says Johnson won't get in the team, is he injured or something? I never rated Smith much before either but people always said he would come good. Probably the most form player in cricket at the moment so be interesting if the theory is true. I don't like this he plays at 5 so gets runs and can't handle the swinging ball. Isn't that exactly what happened with Root, poor at opening but piles on the runs in the middle order.

So Swanny reckons the Aussies don't strike fear in you like we used to? That's funny - I remember him crying back home halfway through last series because he didn't have the balls to finish the job.

I've not seen many English root for an Aussie player, maybe Hewitt got some support as a former champion in his last Wimbledon but I never remember Rafter or Philippoussis getting much.

Don't think there is much in it between the English and the Aussies when it comes to sporting charm and sophistication to be honest. Both lots of fans whine as much as each other (but neither as much as the Saffers when things ain't going well) and both can be equally as boorish just Australia players tend to deliver more which gives their fans some pseudo-justification for their arrogance or attitude.

I'll be happy provided we go for it a bit more than usual like we did against the Kiwis. It's no fun watching your country get hammered whilst playing negative cricket, it did us no favours in the last Ashes. I'm hoping we don't revert to type if the Aussie bowlers start to build pressure. I remember the 2005 series we were something like 130-1 before lunch during one of the tests, more of that please.

Harris has retired injured, shame. He was a quality bowler, could move it both ways and always looked genuinely dangerous. Weird he didn't make his debut until aged 29.

McGrath being a mouthy helmet again, loved watching him as a player not so keen on him now, to be honest he is an utter clown shoe

The Ashes
England to Win 9/2
England to Win 2-1 14/1
Australia to Win 3-0 13/2
Australia to Win 3-1 6/1
Root Top Batsmen (Series) 11/2
Cook Top Batsmen (Series) 13/2
Hazlewood Top Bowler (Series) 5/1
Stokes Top Bowler (Series) 14/1
Cook Player of the Series 14/1
Anderson Player of the Series 12/1
Smith Player of the Series 8/1