• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Booth,Raziack, Postiga, Rebrov and now Soldado, for me Soldado has been the worse of the lot !

He's done more than all of those combined (really isn't saying much is it!) but the price tag puts him ahead.

hopefully we can sell him in the summer, get something for him, he can rebuild his career and we can get someone more reliable in.

He simply cannot be afforded a place on our bench for Sunday - he is someone who you wouldn't back to finish the simplest of chances in all honesty.

Forget his wastefulness in front of goal, what irks me the most is his inability to hold up the ball, the ways its often like a hot potato when he does have it (tries ridiculous flicks when a simple touch and lay off is asked for), his lack of heart to challenge defenders physically, making runs where he can't possibly be found and his lack of running. To be frank he has been woeful for us and I am glad that some of the people who have offered excuse after excuse finally see that he is poor poor Premier League striker. Maybe he will go back to Spain and be a threat, yet for me he is finished at Spurs and has been for a while. Bar Paulinho, every other 'Beatle' has shown a sustained period of promise or talent at some part over the last 18months - Soldado has looked poor and completely unsuited to this league from day one.

He's done more than all of those combined (really isn't saying much is it!) but the price tag puts him ahead.

hopefully we can sell him in the summer, get something for him, he can rebuild his career and we can get someone more reliable in.

My angst comes from disappointment, just think the position we could be in if he scored just five more goals than what he has done, he offers little else so if he is not scoring then what is the point, little return for the money we have spent.

It's all a long-term ploy to fool Mourinho!!

80mins in, Chelsea lead one-nil. On comes Bobby to the roars of laughter from 36,000 Chelsea fans. Mourinho tells his defence to keep their attention on Kane.

BOOOOM, Bobby pops up with a scrappy equaliser before sneaking in front of Terry to head in the winner in injury time!!!!

All is forgiven, Bobby the hero.

….and then i woke up. :(

Interested to know how you came to that conclusion

Well I was thinking goals but seems that may not even be the case.

My angst comes from disappointment, just think the position we could be in if he scored just five more goals than what he has done, he offers little else so if he is not scoring then what is the point, little return for the money we have spent.

Yep, same here.

Bar Paulinho, every other 'Beatle' has shown a sustained period of promise or talent at some part over the last 18months - Soldado has looked poor and completely unsuited to this league from day one.

If Soldado had shown the same level of competence as Paulinho, he would be in double figures.

If there was on example how much Spurs fans have their spacegoats and untouchables, it is Paulinho and Soldado...

Poor lad, looks completely devoid of confidence and unable to score - even in a brothel.

This will always be a strange one for me, how he started out playing reasonably well, got his chances, but missed one after another. All thos sitters that Soldado of old would have scored blind folded, he's missed for us. I have been hoping for a while now that things would suddenly click for him, but last night I think was the final straw for me. I think it will be better for both Spurs and Soldado if he left this summer. Maybe there's still a chance for him to resurrect his career, and for us to recoup some of the fee we paid for him.

Sorry but I've heard it before from Soldado. I like the guy and am desperate for him to succeed, but we need to cut ties with him now. His confidence is completely shot. I think he needs to move on for his own good too, he may very well go somewhere else and become a success.

All the best to him, but it's time to move on.

Agree with this.

In all the years watching football , I've never seen a two on one, end like that , it were unbelievable.

I've always sat there through the Bobby misses in silence, with a shake of the head and maybe a face palm in my moment of disbelief. But last night I just got up off my seat and screamed out a , "fuuck off Soldado you caant, just fucck off out of my club!

Ridiculous that a player can go from where he were to what he is now. The variance in his form from his Valencia days to the present, is now absurd .

It's all a long-term ploy to fool Mourinho!!

80mins in, Chelsea lead one-nil. On comes Bobby to the roars of laughter from 36,000 Chelsea fans. Mourinho tells his defence to keep their attention on Kane.

BOOOOM, Bobby pops up with a scrappy equaliser before sneaking in front of Terry to head in the winner in injury time!!!!

All is forgiven, Bobby the hero.

….and then i woke up. :(

he could do a "woodgate" and then go, at least that would be giving something back to the club

Just out of curiosity why does everyone say he is so likable? Is it because he appears mad when he misses sitter after sitter? or he tweets COYS occasionally? I really don't get the love in with him even putting aside he has been absolutely dreadful at his job for us since day 1

Just out of curiosity why does everyone say he is so likable? Is it because he appears mad when he misses sitter after sitter? or he tweets COYS occasionally? I really don't get the love in with him even putting aside he has been absolutely dreadful at his job for us since day 1

Because he was lucky enough to become an untouchable since that very same day 1.

Back