• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antoine Griezmann

giphy.gif

If this story is to be believed, what are our odds of trumping Monaco?

If it comes down to a bidding war, they win.

If it comes down to wages, they win.

If it comes down to Champions League football, they win.

But if it comes down to playing in a top quality domestic league, we win.

And if it comes down to playing in front of proper crowds week in, week out, we win.

All of which means that we have a chance. But we're clear underdogs.

And if it comes down to playing in front of proper crowds week in, week out, we win.

Indeed. But I wonder if we are just being used to bump up the price Monaco pay Real Sociadad

yeah, decent summary - if it were PSG id be less optimistic because they have really made a name for themselves the past few years, Monaco don't seem to be on that level so id be hopeful that a move to a stronger league at a club with a decent reputation would prevail for a player at his age/stage of his development. we won't be paying him peanuts after all, maybe not the level that Monaco could pay but enought to make him consider us over them if other factors go our way.

people have talked it down but Lloris could be a factor in helping sway his decision - in that he can sell Spurs the club and our training facilities to him, rather than a "come and play for the same team as me" kind of thing. supposedly Bale helped point Davies in our direction over Liverpool so id put this as similar positive for us, potentially.

Monaco might go for Isco instead

Or Konoplyanka

Or Depay

3-4 good LWFs available this window

French players also seem to think of it as a sign of defeat if they move back to their (relatively inferior compared to Spain or England) domestic league during their prime - Lloris has spoken openly about this

Telegraph claim Tottenham want Griezmann to fill Gareth Bale's boots at the club as Spurs prepare an offer of £25M.
--

****ING DO IT.

Soldado
Griezmann - Eriksen - Lamela​

My GHod.

Would LOVE us to get Griezmann... The flair and the pace, combined with Lamela and Eriksen... We would be a joy to watch! But, I'm not holding my breath, I guess club (s) with bigger pockets and CL footie will get him eventually :(

Lloris is a huge trump card for any French player we want. He is their captain. Hopefully he can help us get what would be a marquee signing in Griezmann.

Lloris is a huge trump card for any French player we want. He is their captain. Hopefully he can help us get what would be a marquee signing in Griezmann.

same with Schneiderlin. Not only is Poch the guy who made him into the star he is but Lloris is French captain.

I'd love to see him in a Spurs shirt, but imo we have other positions that we need to spend cash in order to compete. It's good that we are going to have two real LB's, but I really do think we need a top drawer center back alongside Jan before we splurge elsewhere. Then again if we have the cash for both, then lets really try for him. I honestly expected to see him at a bigger club by this time of the window.

All good points.

Though if we are truly in for him then the example of Bale is a very strong card to have.
Playing on the ego/ambition of a very promising young player and saying we believe you can be as good as him. Look what we did for him. We can do that for you.
A mutually beneficial relationship with regular professional challenge.

Monaco, bar the European games, offer less in a season in terms of challenge and satisfaction.

Would be a fantastic signing - quick, skillful and can finish. If the price gets excessive or Monaco get him then we go for Konop....

Only downside is that I think this confirms that Sandro is going. Say £20m for AG, £15m for schneiderlin (cant see that we're not in for him given press reports), £3.5m vorm, £10mish centre back (again, given we're entertaining discussions on Dawson then we'll get a CB) and Davies (net zero) means spending approaching £50m.

I cant believe Levy will sanction net spending of even half of that so we need to sell someone of reasonable value - can see us holding AVB to ransom so that we get say £30m for Livermore + Daws + Sandro. Who else is going to help balance the books? Benny I presume, though no rumours so far......still leaves a reasonable net spend

nothing to worry about...im sure antoine is a y** through and through:)

in all seriousness i watched alot of la liga last year and saw quite a bit of this kid! would be a massive coup but sadly I fear he's out of our league and were stuck with azza\o/

Would be a fantastic signing - quick, skillful and can finish. If the price gets excessive or Monaco get him then we go for Konop....

Only downside is that I think this confirms that Sandro is going. Say £20m for AG, £15m for schneiderlin (cant see that we're not in for him given press reports), £3.5m vorm, £10mish centre back (again, given we're entertaining discussions on Dawson then we'll get a CB) and Davies (net zero) means spending approaching £50m.

I cant believe Levy will sanction net spending of even half of that so we need to sell someone of reasonable value - can see us holding AVB to ransom so that we get say £30m for Livermore + Daws + Sandro. Who else is going to help balance the books? Benny I presume, though no rumours so far......still leaves a reasonable net spend

Despite what GB insists this year tv revenue goes up 40 odd mil so in theory we could have a bit of money to play with and still stay within our trend if breaking even OVERALL

We're £14m in the black from Defoe and Livermore

Say Siggy and Davies are an effective swap

£35m for Griezmann and Schniderlin - paid for by the £14m and £20m from Dembele and Lennon

CB paid for from Rose, BAE and whichever of Daws and Kaboul are let go.

It's manageable anyway. I've thought for a while that Siggy, Dembele and Lennon would be the players to cash in on this summer to raise some decent funds.

Well, so far we have sold Livermore and Defoe (I count his sale as we never bought anyone new in January) for something close to a total of £16m. Assuming we let players like Bentaleb and Carroll step up into the 1st team squad, then perhaps we could sell two other midfielders for something around £20-25 million. Rose and Dawson are also both linked with Hull so perhaps we may see another £8 million ish there. One worry I get from all this, is that we really are shipping out our English core which feels kind of gutting.

Back